New 'Artists Giving Back' Forum

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
August
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Pronouns: he/him

So... You can't request free art?

no longer available; pm only. all characters remain mine. admins; official sales/trades permissions to any sales can be proven with pm and permission topic only.
refs | tos
Chellow
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer

Pride

I like this idea too!
Though I'm a bit wayward, because I use that forum for name help of new characters, too.
Layla
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

I think we should just keep both :)
Freebie for requests
And the Artists give back forum for the artists to post their free services
:)
August

RoseShadows wrote:I think we should just keep both :)
Freebie for requests
And the Artists give back forum for the artists to post their free services
:)
Yes

no longer available; pm only. all characters remain mine. admins; official sales/trades permissions to any sales can be proven with pm and permission topic only.
refs | tos
Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Colo or L

August wrote:So... You can't request free art?
Yes you can but instead of 20 threads of "make me something" you can post in threads of artists offering to draw stuff. Right now the section is a free for all and it is flooded with requests... and many artists offering things are pushed aside it almost feels as it us right now, that its become a begging forum and that isn't what it was originally set up for.

August

Colossith wrote:
August wrote:So... You can't request free art?
Yes you can but instead of 20 threads of "make me something" you can post in threads of artists offering to draw stuff. Right now the section is a free for all and it is flooded with requests... and many artists offering things are pushed aside it almost feels as it us right now, that its become a begging forum and that isn't what it was originally set up for.
Honestly when I do free art I would much rather do it without having a topic where people expect me to do it. I'd much rather go through requests as a surprise. And when I request Its the same thing, I think a seperate request and taking request would be a good idea if the free section is suddenly going to dissapear.

refs | tos
Koi

you could always go to the wanted items and services forum... people do free stuff there too
Chellow

Pride

August wrote:Honestly when I do free art I would much rather do it without having a topic where people expect me to do it. I'd much rather go through requests as a surprise.
This 100%.
Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Colo or L

But you can still do that? Browse threads for who is requesting art and surprise them via pm/art gallery.

August

Nook wrote:you could always go to the wanted items and services forum... people do free stuff there too
Thats not want its for and that's why I'm saying if they want to make one specifically to take requests then pretty much a "wanted free" services section should go with it

refs | tos
August

Colossith wrote:But you can still do that? Browse threads for who is requesting art and surprise them via pm/art gallery.
Sorry I can't edit that well
Because they are expecting art from another artist, it's like "well you were expecting art from a different artist with a different style but here's mine!" I'm sure a use would thank hem but then it'd be like "but I did your request why do you still want the other persons art?" it's just the feelings involved, I know it would make me uncomfortable and I'm sure it would make others uncomfortable, there was probably a time where there wast begging and there will be another.

refs | tos
Doolin
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Preferred Name: syd

I wish we could just keep it, lmao.
Maybe make a few rules though, like if someone get's a character you can't make 3 topics a month for all your characters asking for art, maybe just onxe a month, or everyone get's just one in general (kinda like references and TOS, you only have one topic for that). So that way there isn't 5 of the same posts by the same person just posted at different times with different characters.

idk, it's been this way for years so
Tee
Species: idiot

Teetonka wrote:I rarely see "free coloring" type threads in that area so people who need free shading or coloring are screwed basically.
Again, I rarely if ever see "Post here if you need coloring/grayscaling!" topics in that area, more people asking for things to be colored, flipped, resized, outlined, etc.
So if no one has a topic offering those services the people who need those services are being pushed aside.

So make it a rule that people can not request free art, thus removing all that flood from the forum, and give artists offering free services an area to offer them (so they can have the beggars all in one place instead of spread out, makes sense). But, leave it so people can ask for grayscaling and other services.
birdie
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends
Pronouns: sher
Preferred Name: birdie, whimsy, HUSH
Species: idiot

August wrote:
Colossith wrote:But you can still do that? Browse threads for who is requesting art and surprise them via pm/art gallery.
Sorry I can't edit that well
Because they are expecting art from another artist, it's like "well you were expecting art from a different artist with a different style but here's mine!" I'm sure a use would thank hem but then it'd be like "but I did your request why do you still want the other persons art?" it's just the feelings involved, I know it would make me uncomfortable and I'm sure it would make others uncomfortable, there was probably a time where there wast begging and there will be another.
then it's a gift.(: it's still the same concept- you see what someone wants, you find the time to do it for free, you surprise them with it. nwn
i see it happen A LOT on the wanted forum- people will pop in, love the character, and do something quick for free. it's even happened to me. i, personally, havent been made uncomfortable by it or seen anyone else bugged.
the wanted forum generally isnt baiting for 1 certain artists art s: at least it shouldnt be.
honestly, just doing plain gifts works just as well as what goes on in the free thread now. probably better, actually.

as for grayscaling/colouring/etc, i see a lot of people do it for incredibly cheap in the services section. like, .05 deltas per pose cheap. if you can use poses to have them coloured, it makes sense that you can sacrifice a few cents of a delta to get it done. there are a TON of ways to earn deltas on WH that dont need art programs or really much skill. so i, personally, dont see much issue.

of transparency, shut downs, and plot
I know of no reason why the transparency and shut downs should ever be forgot

XVII days

Locked Previous topicNext topic