Forum Move

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
User avatar
Colossith
Omniscient
Omniscient
Posts: 21411
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:12 am
Gender: Universe
Location: Wolverhampton, England

Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:25 am

Hi Everyone

Underdog is working on moving our forum to a new platform which will hopefully get rid of a lot of the issues we are having, from forum down time to glitches such as the -1 messages and not being able to log in first time issues and all the others e_e.

The move will only take place when messages, posts and accounts can be successfully migrated so we are all impacted as little as possible by this change.

As a small warning, as it is a new platform no one is familiar with we may have a few hiccups and such along the way, if you have any issues or questions about how to use the new system, a "super thread" will be made for us to exchange how everything works on the new system :).

If you want to take a look around at the new platform (simple machine forum) you can see it working here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php#c4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can also see how catspawisland uses SMF: http://forum.catspawisland.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; !
0 x
User avatar
Shiloh
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Posts: 6417
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:57 pm
Location: Canada eh!

Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:28 am

Super excited for this!
Hopefully the new forum will be as easy to use as this one! =)
0 x
Image
Previously known as Skoll & Cuirve
Commissions | Art | Terms of Service
User avatar
Colossith
Omniscient
Omniscient
Posts: 21411
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:12 am
Gender: Universe
Location: Wolverhampton, England

Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:41 am

Hopefully, I forgot to add to my post that catspawisland uses this platform so you can see how it would work with a chatlands site and how it can be customised too! http://forum.catspawisland.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0 x
User avatar
Restless Reindeer
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Posts: 533
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:28 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Caribou
Contact:

Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:44 am

We're not going to have to resign up are we? All of the information located here will be transferred over?
0 x
Image
User avatar
Echelon
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Posts: 7680
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 5:29 pm
Gender: Female.
Species: Dark Angel.
Location: Australia.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:51 am

Wait, so the layout of the forum will be different, or will it stay the same as it is now?
I'm finally familiar with everything, I don't want it to change too much ;_;
0 x
Image

Show me the world that's inside your head,
Tell me your secrets of life and death.

Replies to artwork done for me are in progress, I PROMISE.
Tell me stuff on anon
User avatar
kipper1
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Posts: 1617
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:55 pm
Location: Forum account: Vomit

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:11 am

Echelon wrote:Wait, so the layout of the forum will be different, or will it stay the same as it is now?
I'm finally familiar with everything, I don't want it to change too much ;_;
I love the layout it's the only reason i use forums
0 x
† crucify the insincere †
User avatar
Dragoncat
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Posts: 6604
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:51 pm
Location: NH
Contact:

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:12 am

I'm glad we're moving <3
0 x
Achak
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Posts: 12156
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:22 pm
Gender:

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:14 am

Dragoncat wrote:I'm glad we're moving <3
WOOP WOOP
0 x
not here much anymore. pm me if you need me.
User avatar
Colossith
Omniscient
Omniscient
Posts: 21411
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:12 am
Gender: Universe
Location: Wolverhampton, England

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:15 am

Christofer wrote:We're not going to have to resign up are we? All of the information located here will be transferred over?
Nope you should be able to log into the not platform with no issue :)
Echelon wrote:Wait, so the layout of the forum will be different, or will it stay the same as it is now?
I'm finally familiar with everything, I don't want it to change too much ;_;
Everything should be in roughly the same place, I'm going to aim for the forum to have a similar look and feel it does now, with the blue because it's pretty neutral in terms of a default look, maybe we can finally get some new themes going too!

If anything is different it'll be little things like how to change a signature or how the search works etc :) If you look at CPI's forum the layout is really similar to how PHPBB3 looks albeit the skin is different. But posts/replies/quotes all look the same.
0 x
User avatar
SeiskoArtzu
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Posts: 4809
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:21 am
Gender: Female
Pronouns: she/they
Species: Fox/Cat
Location: In your closet~

Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:15 am

Achak wrote:
Dragoncat wrote:I'm glad we're moving <3
WOOP WOOP
0 x
Seisko on Chat
Image

New DA
User avatar
Viper
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Posts: 7779
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:03 pm
Gender: Genderqueer (Name:: Jaydan c: )
Pronouns: Any
Species: Uchiha
Location: Virginia

Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:29 am

Thats the same platform as emptyclosets
I actually suck with using it. Lol

Will it still look like this?? Liks customized for WH and whatnot??
The dark background.
Will we have to re-sign up?
Or will our accounts and the topics and what not just be pretty much picked up and moved???

I have lots of questions because change bothers me lol
0 x
Image

~Why is everything so Heavy?~
Alien <33 11/03/2010

Characters * Art Topic * TOS * Commissions * Poetry
User avatar
Daimhin
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Posts: 10389
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:43 pm
Location: Álfheimr

Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:37 am

FInally.
0 x
Image

"Men at some time are the masters of their fates: The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings."
User avatar
Tau
Alpha
Alpha
Posts: 25414
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:32 pm
Species: Meat Popsicle

Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:44 am

Viper wrote:Thats the same platform as emptyclosets
I actually suck with using it. Lol

Will it still look like this?? Liks customized for WH and whatnot??
The dark background.
Will we have to re-sign up?
Or will our accounts and the topics and what not just be pretty much picked up and moved???

I have lots of questions because change bothers me lol
Colossith wrote:
Christofer wrote:We're not going to have to resign up are we? All of the information located here will be transferred over?
Nope you should be able to log into the not platform with no issue :)
Echelon wrote:Wait, so the layout of the forum will be different, or will it stay the same as it is now?
I'm finally familiar with everything, I don't want it to change too much ;_;
Everything should be in roughly the same place, I'm going to aim for the forum to have a similar look and feel it does now, with the blue because it's pretty neutral in terms of a default look, maybe we can finally get some new themes going too!

If anything is different it'll be little things like how to change a signature or how the search works etc :) If you look at CPI's forum the layout is really similar to how PHPBB3 looks albeit the skin is different. But posts/replies/quotes all look the same.
0 x
Image
Characters | Commissions | Premades | TOS
Previously known as Bedagi.
User avatar
Viper
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Posts: 7779
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:03 pm
Gender: Genderqueer (Name:: Jaydan c: )
Pronouns: Any
Species: Uchiha
Location: Virginia

Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:07 pm

Oooh ok.

And.so all the threads each user is follwoing, we will still be following??

Im less nervous now
0 x
Image

~Why is everything so Heavy?~
Alien <33 11/03/2010

Characters * Art Topic * TOS * Commissions * Poetry
User avatar
Alpen
Leader of the Nerds
Leader of the Nerds
Posts: 37787
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:28 pm
Gender: female
Pronouns: she/her

Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:03 pm

So will you be putting these forums down WHILE you work on the other or will these stay up until you finish the other?
0 x
Image
fall premades presale
when the lights go down, won't you want to be with me?
12/7/15-12/17/17
Locked Previous topicNext topic