Community Meeting 29th March 2014!

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Locked Previous topicNext topic
Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Colo or L

Hi All

We will be holding community meetings on March 29th 2014. During this meeting we will have a main topic of discussion, and that is how Wolfhome should deal with copyright material in poses.

The times will be:
Noon Central
5PM Central
They will be hosted in rooms labelled " 03 29 2014 Community Meeting" and they will appear at the top of the mysts. So will be easy to spot.

The key points for the rule so far. These are not set in stone, if anything makes you angry or upset, then please think about your points as calmly as possible and raise them maturely in the meetings we will be holding. We cannot please everyone, this rule change is in the mind of keeping Wolfhome on the right side of the law. Wolfhome has to be more stringent on this matter than other sites, because we approve every pose you use for us to accept the pose means we partially take into account someone may be profiting from copyrighted works. And while YOU as a user take responsibility for that, we need to think about Wolfhome also.
  • *Poses may contain copyright material in the form of plushies and logos.
    *Poses will still not be able to be a copyrighted character but can still have costumes.
    *The key change will be that we will no longer allow the practice of artists profiting on Wolfhome from making copyright containing poses e.g. a pikachu plushie in a custom or premade pose. *Our current thinking is we will not step in when the transaction has taken place elsewhere.
    *Current topics with premades which have copyright poses in and any outstanding commissions need their "fates" discussed.
    *This will not be an overnight "this rule is now in place" but plenty of time will be given for artists to adjust topics as needed.
This is a touchy subject, it affects artists deeply. That is why we wish to have a community meeting to discuss it. Other topics can of course be discussed but this is the agenda the admins will be bringing to the table. Anything else will be a secondary topic when whomever is leading the room feels enough has been said on the matter of copyright works in poses.

We wish to come to a happy median ground here between keeping WH on the good side of the law, and not restricting artists and their revenue, and causing as little disruption to artists as possible.

We look forward to seeing you guys there.

PHAUX
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends
Pronouns: she/they
Preferred Name: jamie
Species: dragon // unicorn

Pride

ooh i'm going to try
╔══════ ❀•° ╭ ☾ ★ ╮ °•❀ ══════╗
i am no longer like the others;
for no unicorn was ever born who could regret.
but i do now. i regret.

╚══════ ❀•° ╰
☀ ☄ ╯ °•❀ ══════╝
10/15/2023
Aiko
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Pronouns: He/Him

I'm going to try to come to this - if I'm able to make it - would you be up for me holding a join.me for those who can't get in?
Perseus
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Pronouns: she/her
Preferred Name: Alli
Species: Fennec Fox

Pride

Ohh I'll try to come to this.

❝ i don't want to spend my life ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ғɪɢʜᴛ
𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐄.
»»————- ★ ————-««
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ commissions | toyhou.se ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

perseus & luce on chat
Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient

First meeting is now underway. I have made this topic a global announcement so those online have a big chance to see it!

Aiko
Pronouns: He/Him

jic
http://join.me/SystemSpace" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fetch
Mushroom, Mushroom!
Mushroom, Mushroom!
Species: Fox/Goat/Corgi

keeping tabs on this, not sure if I'll be home from work in time..
Do you think you'll be posting results in another forum topic or this topic for those who aren't able to make it?
Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient

Meeting number 2 for the day is now due to start! :)

Logs/summaries will be posted in a couple 'o days!

Locked Previous topicNext topic