Rule Update

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Locked Previous topicNext topic
Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Colo or L

It has become apparent to the administration that a "loophole" in our third party selling rule exists in that the advertising of commissions for artists not using the forums has begun happening.

As our market is already competitive and this potentially detracts from active members of our community we have decided to not allow this kind of behaviour. If you feel someone you know or follow would benefit from advertising here, it is suggested you encourage them to do so.

This rule has been added to rule 20 of our forum guidelines. If you have any comments or concerns feel free to contact myself or any other member of the team in regards to this issue.

Existing threads of this nature have been removed from the forums.

AutumnRain
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Pronouns: Whatever
Preferred Name: Whatever

What of collaborations? If two people contributed to a set of premades (say one of them sketched and lined and the other one grayscaled), can one person maintain a sales topic on the other's behalf?
Saeglopur
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Pronouns: she/they
Preferred Name: Christa

I'm pretty sure that's still fine as long as the person is a member of the community and can pop up actively to confirm that they're aware it's going on.
Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Colo or L

If you have some effort into the piece that is fine, always has been. This is strictly for when the person has NO input into the art and is advertising/selling for someone else.

AutumnRain
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Pronouns: Whatever
Preferred Name: Whatever

Thanks guys. Just wanted to clarify. :]
Rapture
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Pronouns: any
Species: Wolf

I kind of get where you are coming from, however, in the instance of me posting a link to Kesame's dA, I felt like I had a few good reasons to do so, and honestly did not realize anyone would be bothered by it.

1. She has an account here (however unactive) in good standing, and is a former admin
2. She has likely done literally over 100 commissions on this site (her wh art is how I found wh in the first place)
3. She has likely done more free custom art for users on this site than any other artist, past or present
4. She has likely one of the largest databases of freebies for this site
5. An owner of another site is allowed to sell her art to benefit their own site, when at the same time as they talk poorly about this one

All that being said, I also did not post it to offend other artists or drive buyers away from their art (I offer commissions here as well so it would also be hurting myself), but to show support for an artist who gave a lot to this site for a long time. I would understand this reasoning much more if she was not a member here and did not have the history that she does with wolfhome/chatlands.

Dragoncat

Rapture wrote:I kind of get where you are coming from, however, in the instance of me posting a link to Kesame's dA, I felt like I had a few good reasons to do so, and honestly did not realize anyone would be bothered by it.

1. She has an account here (however unactive) in good standing, and is a former admin
2. She has likely done literally over 100 commissions on this site (her wh art is how I found wh in the first place)
3. She has likely done more free custom art for users on this site than any other artist, past or present
4. She has likely one of the largest databases of freebies for this site
5. An owner of another site is allowed to sell her art to benefit their own site, when at the same time as they talk poorly about this one

All that being said, I also did not post it to offend other artists or drive buyers away from their art (I offer commissions here as well so it would also be hurting myself), but to show support for an artist who gave a lot to this site for a long time. I would understand this reasoning much more if she was not a member here and did not have the history that she does with wolfhome/chatlands.
I felt your post for kes's art opening was a very great one as we all enjoy her art.

I feel like this is less of an issue when there are more important issues to go after like people actually offering commissions through someone else, not just a cross post. I find it unnerving to watch users post for other people and even offer up a paypal account to send money to :/
Rapture

Thanks DC. I guess I personally feel like this rule was born from insecurities and I don't think that's a good reason to put a rule into effect. I can understand the initial feeling of not wanting to have posts linking to completely random artists that have no relation to wh, but even in those instances - the outcome could be positive for the site. For instance, if wh members followed a link to an artist offsite and ordered from them, mentioning that they found them through wh, the artist may join and be part of the community, and maybe recommend it to others, etc. I don't think it needs to be painted as such a negative picture.

Meraki
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends

Idk what brought this rule up LOL
but Rapture you weren't the only one who had posted to advertise someone else. So it's not just you. (:
one day is gonna turn into another season
⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆
Rapture

That's okay, I figured not - however my opinion on the matter still stands and I wanted to express what I think about it and why it could actually be a positive thing.

rex
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

i agree and disagree. i agree with raptures side, but on the flip side i dont think it's fair to advertise someone from dA who wasnt/isnt an active part of the community. i agree to force them to post. but i dont see why rapture's post from kesame was a big deal, considering how well-known she was!
Efflorescence
IT'S OVER 9000!
IT'S OVER 9000!
Species: Gecko Mom

Rapture wrote: For instance, if wh members followed a link to an artist offsite and ordered from them, mentioning that they found them through wh, the artist may join and be part of the community, and maybe recommend it to others, etc. I don't think it needs to be painted as such a negative picture.

I agree with this, it's nice to see fresh faces and new talent.

Put on those shades and wave to yesterday, the sunlight hurts my eyes
Left, you can reach me on discord
dogwood
Omniscient
Omniscient

I felt Rapture's kesame post was perfectly acceptable, especially since Kesame HAS donated and worked for this site so much.
If you've never been a part of this community, and worked here like kesame has for it, then no I don't think you should be allowed to have users here posting your commissions. She's been a part of this community, not just some random artist.

It's like going to Walmart and expecting someone to be selling something from Wet Seal in their store. It's not their store, so why sell it there?

Overall Kesame has been my only exception for the rule I can think of, but overall I agree; if you don't participate in this community, you don't get to sell your artwork here, by people posting it for you.
Mongrel
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Archdruid - Spirit Caller

if they make a rule there shouldnt be an exception. it should be an all or nothing deal, or none of it would be fair
i dont see there should be a problem with it, as long as there is evidence that the artist allows it??
dont sell my art or designs here, take it offsite. do not contact me. i am not affiliated with this site.
using this forum to farm twitter blocks
Locked Previous topicNext topic