Regarding Rule 1-C **No longer reminders**

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.

Nipples on ferals?

Yes
66%
No
34%

Total votes: 97
TwiztidLizzy
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Pronouns: She/her
Species: Walrus/Fox/Lemur

maggot wrote:Regardless of this not being the outcome some people wanted I think the most important thing here is how the admins and our community handled this. I'd like to say thank you to the admins for working hard as an admin team to make a decision that might not have been easy considering all of the options, opinions, and ideas given. You guys are spectacular!! And thank you to the community for coming together, I appreciate and am thankful that everyone got to speak out as an individual and community to help make a decision through constructively talking about it. It was a great experience in my opinion!!
This ^

Also I see no harm in feral nips, children have seen animal nipples on dogs,cats,rats,hamsters,cows,ect..so I see no harm in that.
TwiztidLizzy on the chats
Image Image Image
AquaTheBoof
Mushroom, Mushroom!
Mushroom, Mushroom!
Pronouns: He/ Him
Preferred Name: Aqua
Species: Big Wereboof

TwiztidSkitzoWolf wrote:
maggot wrote:Regardless of this not being the outcome some people wanted I think the most important thing here is how the admins and our community handled this. I'd like to say thank you to the admins for working hard as an admin team to make a decision that might not have been easy considering all of the options, opinions, and ideas given. You guys are spectacular!! And thank you to the community for coming together, I appreciate and am thankful that everyone got to speak out as an individual and community to help make a decision through constructively talking about it. It was a great experience in my opinion!!
This ^

Also I see no harm in feral nips, children have seen animal nipples on dogs,cats,rats,hamsters,cows,ect..so I see no harm in that.
I agree! I know it may make some people uncomfortable, but personally I don't think it's a big problem
Kennedy
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Pronouns: They/He
Preferred Name: Lynn
Species: Red Fox/Domestic Cat

Pride

Thank you to Clovette, Sick, and the rest of the Admin team for listening to us and putting forth effort to discuss this and work together to come to a resolution.

Also thank you to Viverrinae, Echelon, and any others who made topics to make this change. It makes me happy to see the community can actually work together in a peaceful manner, for the most part. It's refreshing & now maybe more people will stick around WH as we can now see users and admins can work together respectfully.

I also think we should keep nipples on ferals. (Lol phone corrected to Gerald....)

Same reasons as others, kids can see them normally & it isn't a controversy like human nipples are.
#BlackLivesMatter
coyfox
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Pronouns: he/they
Preferred Name: V

Pride

Thank you guys. I just wanted to personally thank everyone for being open to giving their opinions and having healthy arguments and discussion. It was refreshing to see!
It's the end, it's true.
Neverland, my love...
Farewell for now.
♡ 10/12/2015 ♡
VESSEL
Omniscient
Omniscient

I was really pleased to have my voice have a positive reception on this topic and the whole ordeal was a bit grueling to work through but I'm glad we are gradually working towards a compromise that the majority of the community can be pleased with
Galagya
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Pronouns: don't care
Species: demon

I disagree with the change, but going by the "all or nothing" logic from before that people pushed, ignoring nuance & refusing to even consider an alternate viewpoint, I gotta say I find it extremely hypocrotical to go against that exact same reasoning within 24 hours(saying this while looking at the vote). But eh, nobody is perfect, including me, so it's whatever. Just can't wrap my brains around it completely, I guess.

I say no nips on ferals. If only for the sake of consistancy.

Btw it makes like zero anatomical sense coz they are always covered by fur on ferals if we're being honest... the only exception I can think of is like, a hairless pupper(like my own char's main canine form, actually) that happens to be lying on it's side or sitting upright or something to straight up expose the tummy, right? But even then realistically it's mere litlle dots of barely visible color. No actual visible bump unless you're right up close. It's a detail so tiny it's not worth drawing imho & in fact rawing them in 99% of cases will mess the drawing up or make it unrealistic. As before, I state this info as observable, objective fact. If I'm mistaken, feel free to correct me.

Thanks for reading.
ollieollieoxenfree!
Kennedy
Pronouns: They/He
Preferred Name: Lynn
Species: Red Fox/Domestic Cat

Pride

Galagya wrote:I disagree with the change, but going by the "all or nothing" logic from before that people pushed, ignoring nuance & refusing to even consider an alternate viewpoint, I gotta say I find it extremely hypocrotical to go against that exact same reasoning within 24 hours(saying this while looking at the vote). But eh, nobody is perfect, including me, so it's whatever. Just can't wrap my brains around it completely, I guess.

Btw it makes like zero anatomical sense coz they are always covered by fur on ferals if we're being honest... the only exception I can think of is like, a hairless pupper(like my own char's main canine form, actually) that happens to be lying on it's side or sitting upright or something to straight up expose the tummy, right? But even then realistically it's mere litlle dots of barely visible color. No actual visible bump unless you're right up close. It's a detail so tiny it's not worth drawing imho & in fact rawing them in 99% of cases will mess the drawing up or make it unrealistic. As before, I state this info as observable, objective fact. If I'm mistaken, feel free to correct me.

Thanks for reading.
My dog has big nipples. She hasn't had any puppies.
Visible Nipples.
Big nips.
Big.
#BlackLivesMatter
Galagya
Pronouns: don't care
Species: demon

Messi wrote:
Galagya wrote:I disagree with the change, but going by the "all or nothing" logic from before that people pushed, ignoring nuance & refusing to even consider an alternate viewpoint, I gotta say I find it extremely hypocrotical to go against that exact same reasoning within 24 hours(saying this while looking at the vote). But eh, nobody is perfect, including me, so it's whatever. Just can't wrap my brains around it completely, I guess.

Thanks for reading.
My dog has big nipples. She hasn't had any puppies.
Visible Nipples.
Big nips.
Big.
Your anecdotal evidence doesn't conflict with my statement. I said most cases, not all, & was speaking as a generality. I thought that was clear, but if not - I realize you can see nips sometimes irl, & am not arguing that they exist. I am arguing for not being hypocritical, and pushing people to acknowledge existing double-standards in their behaviors.

Before anyone suggests so, it is not a personal attack on anyone. Committing a logical fallacy or slip is almost always accidental and/or temporary. Ignorance is not synonymous with being a bad person, and I think people put way too much supposed worth in being right. Personally, I'd rather be wrong than right, even if it were to(as it used to) hurt my ego. Being wrong means you get to learn something new, or look at things in a new light. It's a great thing! People who think they cannot be wrong aren't very bright on average, I'm sure you'll notice. There's an actual study that reflects the fact that people who think they know everything actually tend to know little, and people who think they know little tend to know more. Weird, right? But the thing is, it makes sense, especially in terms of being right/wrong. Most significant learning is challenging, and you must be either wrong or ignorant in order to be right in the future.

That being said, I welcome people to prove me wrong! It's okay, I won't get mad. I only ask that you remain polite. Insults, sarcasm, otherwise getting worked up... that kind of stuff helps nobody. It only serves to temporarily allow you to vent, which sometimes doesn't even manage to help in the short term. I know, coz I used to be super guilty of it ALLLLL the time. I was terrible about it. I'm glad I realized I was wrong, & have changed since. See, there it is again - being wrong ending up a better thing than you'd think. But holy shit do I digress...

Do you think not drawing your dog's nipples would take away from said drawing?
Why should ferals get to have nipples, when male anthros cannot? Wasn't the argument that kids can see them in everyday life, someone said? But they can also see men's nipples in everyday life, so can someone explain to me - without moral judgement or pushing ideologies onto anyone(<this is important, as it not only disrupts the argument, but detracts from pure logic, obviously) - the apparent difference?

Most importantly, & a little TL;DR: I believe the weight of the "for" argument doesn't outweigh the common hypocrisy therein.

On a personal level, I couldn't care less if nipples were a thing. I don't mind, so long as people don't get gross with it. If it isn't something that would cause parents or coworkers to have a problem with you viewing, then I think it's entirely legitimate.

I am merely trying to get people to be consistent and intellectually honest.

If you can recognize the dissonance, but remain unswayed, I am absolutely fine with that. Perhaps you are simply emotionally or otherwise personally invested in the gender topic, but not in the feral vs anthropomorphic topic. These things happen. & regardless of whether they are morally objectionable or not, I think that the recognition of individual biases on either side of the argument would at least help me understand. I say me because, for all I know, it is just me who thinks this is silly. But yeah, regardless... there seem to be inconsistencies herein, and it's like everyone is turning a blind eye to it. None of this makes very much sense to me otherwise - again, logically speaking.

I need to get back to drawing, but I'll check this topic again later. I am very curious to see how people respond!
I hope everyone will remain respectful to one another, here. It'd definitely suck to see people do the whole, y'know, mob mentality, ganging up, emotion-driven, quote stacking, sarcastic, rude, ears/eyes shut, angry etc.etc. devolution of the previous nipple thread. I am thinking that WH would benefit a lot from simply being up front, honest, and (again most importantly) respectful to one another. Can we all at least agree on that much?

Btw, regardless of what side you're on, I think we can all agree to dub this whole thing nipplegate. Objections?

Thanks for reading, & tc.
ollieollieoxenfree!
Clovette
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Jansi
Species: Human

Hi again Wolfhome Community,

The poll has been open for a good amount of time and has finally stagnated. The majority of the community would like to see nipples be allowed on ferals, and so it shall be.

The rules have been updated:
Old Forum wrote:C. Sexual Content and Innuendos - Sexual content and slang is not appropriate on these boards. Neither is mimicking or discussing sexual positions, sexual scenarios or contexts. If you are caught doing so, action may be taken against your account. Sheaths on ferals are acceptable in artwork posted on the forum IF there is no detail, it is just a slight bulge and it isn't overly sexualized. Bulges on anthros are acceptable if it is a smooth, round bulge such as the ones present on our crinos poses or on a Ken Barbie Doll; there is no more than one bulge; and there is no indication of a phallic shape. Nipples may not be present on any artwork posted on the forum.
New Forum wrote:C. Sexual Content and Innuendos - Sexual content and slang is not appropriate on these boards. Neither is mimicking or discussing sexual positions, sexual scenarios or contexts. If you are caught doing so, action may be taken against your account. Sheaths on ferals are acceptable in artwork posted on the forum IF there is no detail, it is just a slight bulge and it isn't overly sexualized. Bulges on anthros are acceptable if it is a smooth, round bulge such as the ones present on our crinos poses or on a Ken Barbie Doll; there is no more than one bulge; and there is no indication of a phallic shape. Nipples may only be present on feral artwork on the forum; we do not allow nipples to be present on any anthro artwork, regardless of sex or gender.
Old Chat wrote:C.) Sexual Content and Innuendos - Sexual content and slang is not appropriate on these boards. Neither is mimicking or discussing sexual positions, sexual scenarios or contexts. If you are caught doing so, action may be taken against your account. Sheaths on ferals are acceptable in artwork posted on the forum IF there is no detail, it is just a slight bulge and it isn't overly sexualized. Bulges on anthros are acceptable if it is a smooth, round bulge such as the ones present on our crinos poses or on a Ken Barbie Doll; there is no more than one bulge; and there is no indication of a phallic shape. Nipples may not be present on any poses.
New Chat wrote:C.) Sexual Content and Innuendos - Sexual content and slang is not appropriate on these boards. Neither is mimicking or discussing sexual positions, sexual scenarios or contexts. If you are caught doing so, action may be taken against your account. Sheaths on ferals are acceptable in artwork posted on the forum IF there is no detail, it is just a slight bulge and it isn't overly sexualized. Bulges on anthros are acceptable if it is a smooth, round bulge such as the ones present on our crinos poses or on a Ken Barbie Doll; there is no more than one bulge; and there is no indication of a phallic shape. Nipples may only be present on feral artwork on the chat; we do not allow nipples to be present on any anthro artwork, regardless of sex or gender.
Thank you for your patience regarding Rule 1-C in all aspects. We appreciate your civil debating, input, and suggestions.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact an Administrator.
🐈
Mongrel

nice ty!
dont sell my art or designs here, take it offsite. do not contact me. i am not affiliated with this site.
using this forum to farm twitter blocks
Clovette
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Jansi
Species: Human

Bump to notify everyone that the reminder period has ended and warnings will be issued instead.
🐈
Locked Previous topicNext topic