Nipple Rule Revision: Voting and Discussion

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Locked Previous topicNext topic

Should the rule be revised and changed?

Keep the rule as is (no nipples allowed)
26%
Change the rule (Male nipples, no female nipples)
74%

Total votes: 99
winchester
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Pronouns: they / them
Preferred Name: grace
Species: eldritch

the problem with this is why is this so soon? i know you guys are citing 'well it's been a year' but the last post, in suggestions, was less than a year ago.

my question is - why is this up for discussion, but nothing has been mentioned about the nazi rule revision, or the racism rule revisions, etc.? why is this one so important when there's blatant racists on wh that keep skirting around being perm banned by playing the ban ladder, and there's nothing done about those rule changes we've asked for multiple times?

why aren't we being allowed to vote on those and have our say on those, but we haven't even been given any sort of update on where the discussions are on those topics - i.e. tightening the rules that those people that keep getting banned for racist comments stay banned and so forth?

like i get it people were unhappy with this, but it was settled. people are gonna be unhappy. this has caused so much anxiety on the chat and on the forums, as it has done every single time it is brought up. like ragana said, please, this time, pick and decision and leave it for a while.

intj-t | sagi sun / scorpio rising | slytherin
CharactersSarahah
aka: stark - gansey - winchester -
PRiDE

“Do I dare to disturb the universe?.”
Yes.

MOON
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

winchester wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:06 pm
the problem with this is why is this so soon? i know you guys are citing 'well it's been a year' but the last post, in suggestions, was less than a year ago.

my question is - why is this up for discussion, but nothing has been mentioned about the nazi rule revision, or the racism rule revisions, etc.? why is this one so important when there's blatant racists on wh that keep skirting around being perm banned by playing the ban ladder, and there's nothing done about those rule changes we've asked for multiple times?

why aren't we being allowed to vote on those and have our say on those, but we haven't even been given any sort of update on where the discussions are on those topics - i.e. tightening the rules that those people that keep getting banned for racist comments stay banned and so forth?

like i get it people were unhappy with this, but it was settled. people are gonna be unhappy. this has caused so much anxiety on the chat and on the forums, as it has done every single time it is brought up. like ragana said, please, this time, pick and decision and leave it for a while.
☾ ☀ ★
pyr
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer

Actually, it's been nearly two years. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=190576 As for the updates on the other topics, are we including one on one updates? I know that I have personally updated users on issues they have had for them to later claim that no updates were given and they never received information. If you are looking for a public announcement on those things, then it is important to make that expectation clear.
i can be good
just not for you
winchester
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Pronouns: they / them
Preferred Name: grace
Species: eldritch

Vis wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:17 pm
Actually, it's been nearly two years. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=190576 As for the updates on the other topics, are we including one on one updates? I know that I have personally updated users on issues they have had for them to later claim that no updates were given and they never received information. If you are looking for a public announcement on those things, then it is important to make that expectation clear.
sorry, i meant the actual post in suggestions. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=200280

that was earlier this year.

i have no received ANY updates from WH staff about the rule changes i've tried to push. the only update i've received was from duke, which he told me, 'yeah, they're talking about it' back in june.

but on that last line - on the nazi topics it was the ADMINS that told US that they would give us announcements and updates and be more transparent with what was happening. i have not seen that, beyond this post.

edit: it may have been another post, but it was a post within the last year where the admins promised us we would get more updates on what they're discussing and what not. it may have been the other post (you know the one), actually. i don't remember that well, and do not seem to have access to either to cite them.

intj-t | sagi sun / scorpio rising | slytherin
CharactersSarahah
aka: stark - gansey - winchester -
PRiDE

“Do I dare to disturb the universe?.”
Yes.

pyr

To clarify the confusion for everyone, the hate group issue resulted in a rule change last year when it was first brought up: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=198557 The announcement went live Nov 29, 2017. There were a lot of promises made by the Overseers about creating a better announcement system for all sites, and I genuinely hope that is something that is implemented soon.

Let's keep this thread on topic.
i can be good
just not for you
Perseus
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Pronouns: she/her
Preferred Name: Alli
Species: Fennec Fox

Pride

CrystalBullet wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:23 pm
I would just like to say one thing, the no nipples rule includes videos, gifs, images, anything with visual nipples. If you link a trailer to a movie with an actor shirtless with their nipples uncensored, that breaks the rule, even if its just for a second in the video. If you post a gif of hulk... just doing hulk things with his nipples showing, oops we have to take action against you. If you post a link to some swim trunks that you would like to buy and the model is shirtless.. again, we have to take action. It is innocent things that we are having to take action against, and I personally became an admin to help our userbase and keep them safe. Now, I do not find any nipples threatening. there are just some things that as a PG-13 chat we cannot allow, unfortunately. But as it stands, I would rather not ban someone over hulk nipples.
This is exactly why we need this rule revoked and the old one implemented again..... i mean. its really silly.......... and the fact that this is a pg-13 chat?? at least allow male nipples. pg-13 movies and tv shows have male nipples. come on. lol.

❝ i don't want to spend my life ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ғɪɢʜᴛ
𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐄.
»»————- ★ ————-««
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ commissions | toyhou.se ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

perseus & luce on chat
Takatia
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE
Species: Fox

Pride

I’m here to say I don’t care what comes of this, but please be nice or at least respectful to each other. Wellbeing is much more important at the end of the day.

Hands everyone a hot chocolate / tea / coffee and promptly exits

Not active here.

Feel free to reach out on Discord: Takatia#8483
Or on Twitter: @thejesterfox
Kennedy
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Pronouns: They/He
Preferred Name: Lynn
Species: Red Fox/Domestic Cat

Pride

#BlackLivesMatter