Emoticons on WH!

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
RedFoxx
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

Thanks, :smile: any suggestions for the next one?
Just as i was getting used to yesterday, along came today

RedFoxx
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

Did this one Image Grrr
Just as i was getting used to yesterday, along came today

Callisto
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

underdog wrote:I guess I am not sure why someone would be upset. Also, if there are any people that would like to volunteer some better icons, I have already said that I would love to see them. The trouble is that they need to be about 16x16 in order to fit in with the text. But as far as the current ones go, if you don't like seeing them, turn them off. If you don't like others seeing them when you type, turn that off too. Oh well.
I know I'm making myself look like a butthead, but really... why wouldn't some of us be upset? There are tons of ideas in the Suggestions forum that get TONS of support- and I can't say I've honestly ever seen one used. But you'll implement Emoticons... even though a lot of us just don't like it.
Timberwolf
Spellweaver and Wordsmith

Chuckles they look good Red,

Timberwolf :bighappywolf:
Timberwolf :bighappywolf:

The ear hears the call of the night and the spirt with in answers ...aaAAHHOOooooooo!!! Image
Lock

Red... those are awesome lmao!
Callisto
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

Solix wrote:
Callisto wrote:
underdog wrote:I guess I am not sure why someone would be upset. Also, if there are any people that would like to volunteer some better icons, I have already said that I would love to see them. The trouble is that they need to be about 16x16 in order to fit in with the text. But as far as the current ones go, if you don't like seeing them, turn them off. If you don't like others seeing them when you type, turn that off too. Oh well.
I know I'm making myself look like a butthead, but really... why wouldn't some of us be upset? There are tons of ideas in the Suggestions forum that get TONS of support- and I can't say I've honestly ever seen one used. But you'll implement Emoticons... even though a lot of us just don't like it.
I believe some suggestions are implemented but just not always announced? I think general all round constructive criticism and polite comments and suggestions will get people a lot further :]
I do agree though, all you need to do is turn them off if you don't want them o.o

@Redfoxx, LOL, those are cute
Just because my posts aren't littered with dozens of smilies doesn't mean I'm not being polite. I talk how I talk- there really isn't anything I can do about it, and I'm not going to go out of my way to make myself seem friendlier when I'm not even being rude in the first place. I'm not kicking and screaming and cursing, I'm just stating my opinion.
Scoria
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Pronouns: any
Species: jaguar

I'm laughing so hard right now
Pacific
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

quick question, are the little wolf icons by nanook available to everyone that subscribes? I'm not gettin em, and I have a standard subscription.
ImageImageImage
Darkwolf
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Pronouns: She/her (Any work)
Species: Dragon

Callisto wrote:I don't like this idea at all... honestly I think it's tacky and unprofessional. They are extremely out of place, and to agree with Taku, very cheesy.

I still don't like the idea of emoticons, but using wolf ones would be a lot better... like I said, they are extremely out of place. For a site that relies on aesthetics, I don't understand why such ugly(sorry... but they are) emoticons are being used.

I'm sorry if this comes off as insulting or rude... but it's just my 2 cents.
I personaly agree as well.
Orez

The emotes are on the site, there is an option to turn them off all around, do not send, do not recieve, do not show. So you guys don't really have to deal with them if you don't like them, they are already a part of wh now and there are... 2 or 3 sets now, I doubt that after putting them in they will be removed so quickly.

Not trying to push any ones buttons I just thought I would put in my two cents as well.
>> Image <<
DA
Galagya
Pronouns: don't care
Species: demon

Orez wrote:The emotes are on the site, there is an option to turn them off all around, do not send, do not recieve, do not show. So you guys don't really have to deal with them if you don't like them, they are already a part of wh now and there are... 2 or 3 sets now, I doubt that after putting them in they will be removed so quickly.

Not trying to push any ones buttons I just thought I would put in my two cents as well.
True they probably won't be removed, even though the general reaction was "no". That doesn't mean people should drop it, eh? I don't like them either. :d It's good to speak your mind.
ollieollieoxenfree!
Locked Previous topicNext topic