WH Newsletter

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
LucanWolf
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

On the eve of it's 10th anniversary, WH has yet have a newsletter. Well - that is - until now!

http://schmooliewolf.weebly.com/uploads ... letter.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What I posted is merely a mockup of a proposed newsletter for this site. Now, in order to make this thing a reality, I am going to need some suggestions on the type of content should be included. For starters, I'm thinking of having front page article that focuses on the chat's 10th anniversary as well as an in-depth story on now WH came to be. The newsletter would also feature ads from folks who wish to sell any products and/or services pertaining to WH. Additionally, an artist gallery as well a writer's corner for short stories would also be featured in the newsletter. Other articles that might be featured are: upcoming events (e.g. howls, meetups, art contests); spotlight article on a particular user/admin or anything else that is WH-related.

The tentative goal for publishing the first issue of this newsletter is, October 31, 2009 (Halloween). Subsequent issues are to be published quarterly at the end of the following months: January, April and July. That being said, I am going to need a couple of folks who can help make this thing happen.

The key positions I need filled are:

Content Editor

Duties: Responsible for proofreading incoming content; checking for any spelling and/or grammatical errors and correcting as necessary. Must meet deadlines.

Qualifications: Must possess excellent written skills in English. Attention to detail and the ability to find and correct spelling and/or grammatical mistakes is critical.

Layout Artist

Duties: Responsible for creating artistic content (e.g. page backgrounds, decorations etc.) while maintaining overall aesthetic consistency of the newsletter. Must meet deadlines.

Qualifications: Must possess a good eye for design and composition. Experience with photo-editing programs like Photoshop or Paintshop Pro. Experience with page layout programs like Adobe Pagemaker or Indesign is a big plus.

IMPORTANT! Artists, please be sure to send me at least 3 samples of your best graphic design-related work (links to web galleries are preferable). Keep in mind that drawings of anthropomorphic characters alone is NOT what I'm looking for. Instead, I want to see are page layout designs that feature creative usage of both text and images. (See example links: Example 1, Example 2, Example 3.)

If you are interested in these positions, please provide a brief synopsis of your skills/qualifications and briefly explain why you would be a good fit for the job. You may send them to me via PM or to: lucanwolf2006@yahoo.com. Deadline for submitting applications is 9-21-2009. Qualified candidates will be contacted a one-one-one interview sometime during the following week.

Good luck!

EDIT:

I noticed some people were a bit confused with the content in the WH newsletter. Some folks thought it was written in Spanish. Actually, it's not. It's written in a format known as Lorem Ipsum, which is commonly used by the publishing industry for filling out text content. See this article on Wikipedia for details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum.

One other thing I would like to mention: if anyone has questions, concerns or suggestions regarding the newsletter then feel free to post to this thread. Doing so will allow feedback from a broader array of people. But if anyone feels that what they want to say is too personal for posting publicly then, by all means, email or PM me.

Thanks!
"One of the few improv bars in my hometown closed its doors for the last time. That's when I accepted a harsh truth of today's society: comedy is dead."
~ Me
Timberwolf
Spellweaver and Wordsmith

Lucan,

I remember a second post on the newsletter for wolf home, do you have the links outside of your example. I went searching for it and can not find it! I remember some posts concerning it. I have a few ideas, I also want to see what was suggested!

Timberwolf :bighappywolf:

The ear hears the call of the night and the spirt with in answers ...aaAAHHOOooooooo!!! Image
Kina
Departed Soul
Departed Soul

:D

Unfortunately, Kina passed away on Tuesday, September 23, 2014
For more information please click here or here
KoMut
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

W00t I am soooo applying for Layout....I took 2 years of advertising lol. I will try to scrounge up some examples.
© Ray
LucanWolf
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

KoMut wrote:W00t I am soooo applying for Layout....I took 2 years of advertising lol. I will try to scrounge up some examples.
Wonderful! For awhile I thought this thing was going to fizzle due to the lack of response. But I'm glad to see you're interested.

Feel free to email me samples of your work. :smile:
"One of the few improv bars in my hometown closed its doors for the last time. That's when I accepted a harsh truth of today's society: comedy is dead."
~ Me
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

Oh no! Did it fizzle? If we can get a newsletter out by Halloween 2009, that would be spectacular! I know it's a long shot at this point, but if there's anything I can do to help, please let me know!

Avatar is from deviant art: http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/m/a/maklods.png?4

(Luigi is TM Nintendo, right? what's up with that?)
Shivra
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer

I would love to help out here , I can do editing, and graphic design as well.
Kina
Departed Soul
Departed Soul

Hey Lucan catch me on MSN today sometime!

Unfortunately, Kina passed away on Tuesday, September 23, 2014
For more information please click here or here
Violin
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

This sounds like an exciting addition to Wolfhome. It can bring well deserved and needed opportunities to users and artist alike.

Good luck!
The bare, raw, and vulnerable makes us beautiful

(c) Avatar Kesame, character Violin
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

Yeah it is a shame but it didn't happen. Maybe someday. I think we tried to make it too neat and it fell apart instead. I just wanted to have a simple text thing with maybe some images and a coupon for deltas or artwork or some ads or whatever... but yeah.

Avatar is from deviant art: http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/m/a/maklods.png?4

(Luigi is TM Nintendo, right? what's up with that?)
LucanWolf
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

underdog wrote:Yeah it is a shame but it didn't happen. Maybe someday. I think we tried to make it too neat and it fell apart instead. I just wanted to have a simple text thing with maybe some images and a coupon for deltas or artwork or some ads or whatever... but yeah.
It withered and died from a lack of interest. :/
~ Me
Timberwolf

Need to find a way to get this up and going, it is a very good idea.

The ear hears the call of the night and the spirt with in answers ...aaAAHHOOooooooo!!! Image
Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Colo or L

Agreed.

Pacific
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

aw this would have been really cool ;( i wish it would've worked out!
ImageImageImage
Chenneoue

There is still potential for this to happen. It just needs some helpers and people to contribute material... oh and someone to organize. :)
Locked Previous topicNext topic