'Spam-links'

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Locked Previous topicNext topic
Astra
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

Howdy all, Spongewolf Astrapants here.

Now I don’t like to nag but recently the administration team has noticed the increase in websites which causes multiple message windows to pop-up or cause the window to bounce about on the screen. One of the main problem websites disguise themselves as a hyperlink titled ‘Don’t click here’, it has become an annoyance for users and admins alike and not only that it can also cause same computer issues such as slowing down or crashing altogether.

Some may think these links as a joke and get a laugh between friends but we need to put into consideration that not everyone has a powerful computer or a high speed internet. I would like to ask those who have any connection to ‘spam-links’ in their sniff or anywhere else on Wolfhome to remove them as soon as possible, if refused then an alpha will remove it themselves and a possible punishment may follow.

I do not like ruining people’s fun but the fact is that it’s in the rules (http://www.wolfhome.com/faq/rules.php?pop=#16" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and they are there to keep you safe and allow the website to be enjoyed by everyone.

If you are caught up in one of these message spam websites please do not overreact, hold down the enter key until the message windows are gone, if your window happens to be bouncing around the screen wait for it to stop then close it down. If worse comes to worse and there are constant windows spawning save the name of the person you found the link from and either use the task manager to close down your main internet browser or restart your computer.

Please report any user who has these links in their sniffs or if they post it in chat, they will be dealt with accordingly.

Thank you for your time folks.

Astra

Edit by Skywolf:
Skywolf wrote:We have been giving the benefit of the doubt for some users who have posted these in their sniffs by giving them shorter bans, but as the rule states, these sort of links are permanent ban offenses. We will be putting that level ban into effect on these links in sniffs soon.

-Sky
Redrum
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Pronouns: He/They
Preferred Name: Eren
Species: Crow demon

Does this include any link in your sniff?
idk man, im old.
Takatia
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE
Species: Fox

Pride

Like the "Don't click here links" And such.

Not active here.

Feel free to reach out on Discord: Takatia#8483
Or on Twitter: @thejesterfox
Redrum
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Pronouns: He/They
Preferred Name: Eren
Species: Crow demon

Takatia wrote:Like the "Don't click here links" And such.
Oh good. Because I like to have links to funny youtube things. But I usually say what they are, lmao.
idk man, im old.
Miu
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Koinu
Species: "Me-uri"/Fox

Pride

No, we understand you like to link to things you find humerous, however the "Do Not Click Here" links are basically spam considering that most of them when you click on them, you have to control alt delete to get out of them, or when you click on the x more screens pop up.. it's just not very generous as Astra said, to those that have slower computers, or just nice in general because they are very annoying.
☆ Previously known as Siren ☆
Characters
Skywolf
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

We have been giving the benefit of the doubt for some users who have posted these in their sniffs by giving them shorter bans, but as the rule states, these sort of links are permanent ban offenses. We will be putting that level ban into effect on these links in sniffs soon.

-Sky
Skywolf
Syren (pronounced "see-ren")

Ava (c) GTWOLF

Is there a post I should see? PM me the link :D
Locked Previous topicNext topic