Howloween Scary Story Competition

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Locked Previous topicNext topic
RedFoxx
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

Create a Wolfhome Howloween related Spooky story then submit it to us on this thread so that everyone can read.
The wolfhome admins will Vote on who's they think is best.
The winners will be announced on the wolfhome forum and win one of these prizes.

1st Prize 10 Wolfhome Delta's
2nd Prize 7.50 Wolfhome Delta's
3rd Prize 5 Wolfhome Delta's

So what are you waiting for get those Scary stories posted.

Have a great Howloween everyone and good luck
Just as i was getting used to yesterday, along came today

Frolique
Mushroom, Mushroom!
Mushroom, Mushroom!

Can Anyone enter this or is it members only? :3
Star
Archdruid - Spirit Caller

Anyone as in?

All users (excluding the administration) can enter :P
Avvie (c) Galagya
-
Vladimir
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Question: Is there a limit on how graphic (ex.: violence) the pose can be?
I mean, I wouldn't go extreme... but all of my scary stories do have some violence in them :|
Sa'an'ishar!
I am the Coffee Thief.

Avatar Image © Sitara, Signature Image © Sitara, neither are free.
Click the icon above to view Vladimir's reference, © Khaosdog, not free.
Charlie
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Pronouns: She/Her/They
Preferred Name: Charlie

Pride

Zeiske wrote:Question: Is there a limit on how graphic (ex.: violence) the pose can be?
I mean, I wouldn't go extreme... but all of my scary stories do have some violence in them :|
WH Pose Regulations still stand here, as far as I know. But something like Nush's Zombie pose will be okay. :)
I’m asking you to open your heart to chaos.
Frolique
Mushroom, Mushroom!
Mushroom, Mushroom!

Star wrote:Anyone as in?

All users (excluding the administration) can enter :P

:3 That's what I was asking. Okay! Just checking
Koi

Does the story have to be posted here?? and does it only have to be about wolfhome??
Star

Post it here :) So everyone can read it
Avvie (c) Galagya
-
Koi

Ok this is my scary story lol

5 4 3 2 1

Once upon a time there was five people in a room and every once in a while one by one they would get kicked for no reason. And then there was one he was brave enough to stay by him self. After a while he just left or did he??

To be continued.........
Lyrak
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

((I understood right in thinking that we're supposed to post the stories in this thread right?))

(Any resemblance to actual usernames is purely coincidental. The characters are not meant to represent anybody I know.)

Long before the lunar isles had become home to the wolves and the canids they called friend, there were monstrous and terrible creatures lurking about the land. These beings had no name, for no one knew what form they took. Only that something large and menacing lurked just outside their view, and deep in the shadows, sometimes a pair of strange, unnatural eyes were watching.

When the first wolves moved in and performed rituals to remove the evil from the islands, it was thought that the last of these ancient horrors were destroyed. Little did they know that one still remained... and that this one was the most dangerous of all.

It was on one Halloween night, darkened by the new moon, that a group of four young wolves ventured out into the ghost woods, as recently there had been rumors of strange happenings there. Boasting ran rampant and bets began, until they decided they'd have a contest. Each would go off alone, and yell for help if they got too scared. The last one to yell would get a free dinner from each of the others.

So, the four parted, one to the north, one to the south, one to the east, and one to the west.

The one who went north was a male named Jarod. Now, Jarod was a big jock type, loved sports, and thought himself pretty tough. He figured that surely he would beat everyone else, because he wasn't afraid of anything. So, as the night grew darker and the air grew colder, he leaned against a tree and fell asleep. He did not know how much time had passed before he stirred... or perhaps it was a dream. Either way, a voice called out to him from the depths of the shadows.

"Are you the wolf that has come to slay me?" the voice asked, deep and raspy tones seeming to come from all sides.

"Er.... no? Who are you?"

"So be it."

Jarod did not have time to yell for help before the darkness enveloped him, and he was gone.

The wolf who went south was a female named Candypaws. She loved all things pretty, and was already getting nervous. But she was determined to prove to the others that she wasn't a coward, so she decided that no matter how scared she got, she wouldn't yell. Unless, of course, she was in real danger. But surely there was nothing dangerous in these woods! So she spent the night looking over her shoulder and, as the night grew darker and the air grew colder, she began to feel a chill that she didn't think was coming from the temperature outside.

"Are you the wolf that has come to slay me?" a voice asked, deep and raspy tones seeming to come from all sides.

"What? I wouldn't kill anybody!" Candypaws cried, trying to find the source of the voice.

"Very well."

Candypaws did not have time to yell for help before the darkness enveloped her, and she was gone.

A male named Blackthorn had gone to the east. He was pretty antisocial most of the time, and found these sorts of games childish, but he couldn't resist the chance at a free dinner, so he had gone along with it. So, not really believing there was anything haunting these woods, he settled down with a book and a small light. Then, as the night grew darker and the air grew colder, he began to get the feeling that somebody was reading over his shoulder. But before he could turn to yell at whoever it was, an eerie voice came out of the darkness.

"Are you the wolf that has come to slay me?" the voice asked, deep and raspy tones seeming to come from all sides.

"No I am not. Now if you'll excuse me, I was trying to read."

"As you wish."

The light went out and the wind grew fierce, and it was then that Blackthorn realized perhaps this forest was haunted after all. But he did not have time to yell for help before the darkness enveloped him, and he was gone.

A female named Rose had gone to the west. Nobody really knew much about Rose. She made herself easy enough to get along with, but difficult to get close to. She, too, had pretty much only agreed to this game for the free meals. So she plopped herself down by a tree with no set purpose in mind. And as the night grew darker and the air grew colder, Rode started to get BORED. After what seemed like forever, a voice called out of the shadows.

"Sure, whatever." She hadn't come to slay it, but hey, she'd play its little game.

Suddenly the wind grew fierce and somehow even the darkest of nights seemed to grow darker. A pair of unearthly red eyes appeared among the shadowy tendrils, staring the wolf down with an unreadable expression. The darkness began to surround her, the creature growing larger, as if it were planning to take her as it had the others. Then....

"I wish a truce, slayer."''

"Oh? What kind of truce?" Hey, it seemed like maybe she was getting somewhere. Why not be a little demanding?

"Do not trifle with me, wolf. I have already destroyed your friends."

Now that was the last straw. "You jerk! You just lost me three free dinners!"

Then the darkness grew darker, and the cold grew colder, and the wind howled fiercely, and Rose opened her mouth wide....

... and ate the creature whole.

Now none of the ancient beasts roam the land, and no more ancient horrors stalk the isles. But this is not because they have been destroyed. The old monsters have fled in fear of a new horror.... a wolf named Rose who became so terrible, she swallowed the darkness up and became something this world had never before seen. And they say that Rose now stalks the night on All Hallows Eve, looking for shadow-beasts and foolish young wolves to devour so she might replace those free dinners she never received.
MorningStar
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

Once upon a time there lived two little naughty wolf pups. They were always causing trouble around the pack. Knocking over pottery, picking on younger pups and just plain causing trouble. And each time they would cause trouble their poor mother would go and fetch them home saying "One of these days I'll leave and all you'll have is a brush mama I'll make to care for you." The pups never listened. As soon as they were outta their mothers sight thy would start up again and once more she would fetch them home saying "One of these days I'll leave and all you'll have is a brush mama I'll make to care for you."
Well after that the pups made a half hearted attempt at good behavior, but due note this did not last a whole three days. So befor muh could be siad the pups were of causing mayhem again, but this time their mother did not come find them. So much too their dismay they had to clean up their own mess under the supervision of some anger pack members.
It was after dark befor the pups had finished and made their way home hungry and tired. They called out a welcome as they entered their den but no reply met their ears. Their warm and cozy den was chilly and dark, the only light came from a small cooking fire on the hearth were some odd smelling stew boiled.
"Mother?" the pus called out but still no answer. Then they heard the rustling noise of leaves draggin across the ground. As they turn they saw they were blocked on. he brush mama stood in the door way. The fire reflected in its lifeless eyes that were made from broken scraps of glass. It's body was composed of gras rope wrapped around a barrel and it's tails was that of a dead tree branch with some dried leaves snarled in the tigs.
No one ever saw the pus again and after awhile the pack went to look for them and found the entraced to the den covered in a thick weaving of roots. That is when they knew that the brush mama had gotten them and she would never let them leave her sight ever.
"Reward bitterness with care, See simplicity in the complicated." - Lao Tzu
Sessgo
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Spellweaver and Wordsmith

It was a dark foggy night on halloween night, everyone was out having a blast; especially Kiche and Sessgo. They went out to a Halloween party earlier in the evening that wouldn’t of ended until late. As they were partying the night away, the two friends saw and partied with their fellow Wolfhome friends. Besides the costumes that could just make you cringe at the sight of, it seemed like every other night; the jokes, the fun, the people, the fighting Sessgo did with Lilpaws2007 over Fell; was all in a normal day. But, did they know it was all going to change.
As Sessgo and Lilpaws2007 were fighting over who loved Fell the most, she excused herself from the middle of the attention and outside to get some fresh air. Thirty minuets had passed and Fell hadn’t returned yet. With Lilpaws2007, Kiche, and Sessgo worried sick they went to go find her; Kiche and Sessgo went outside as Lilpaw2007 searched inside. They all searched and searched for her, but there wasn’t even a trace to be found of her. Lilpaws2007, thinking that maybe she went back to her place left the party to go double check and call it a night; to be with his lovely lady. Kiche and Sessgo being tired decided to call it a night soon after.
As Kiche and Sessgo walked back to their place, they heard some noises in a nearby alley. The noises, sounding as if something needed their help. So, they walk down the dark, gloomy, smelly alley to find their dear friend Fell; laying in a dark, far corner of the alley barely conscious. Fell was covered in blood and dirt, her body dinged up and frail. Kiche and Sessgo being truly worried for their friend they took her to get some medical help; not knowing they were being watched by something lurking in the shadows.
By the time Fell arrived to the hospital, she was hanging onto life by an almost completely shredded thread. Lilpaws2007 hearing the news rushed to the hospital to be by the love of his life’s side. The doctor coming back to tell the three the news of her condition, had a look on his face that wasn’t warm and welcoming. But, instead was like a soul piercing cold; with that look he said “Your friend Fell is really not looking so good… We don’t think she’ll make it.â€Â￾ With those words the three friend’s heart sank into their stomachs and it took everything they had to not just break down and cry, but instead ask the soul piercing cold doctor how they could help. He replied with “There is nothing you or any of us can do.. It’s all up to her now. So, you guys should go home and get some rest.â€Â￾ With Sessgo hearing a certain tone in his voice that didn’t sound to sure she asked again, but this time with a more firm tone. The doctor snapped, as if someone just threatened his life and said “NO THERE IS NOTHING! YOU GUYS NEED TO LEAVE THE BUILDING NOW!!!â€Â￾ He coughed and lowered his voice. “She needs her rest…â€Â￾
They ended up leaving the hospital and Kiche and Sessgo felt uneasy leaving Lilpaws2007 alone seeing as he was devastated and went to Fell’s place with him. As soon as he fell asleep, Kiche and Sessgo walked outside to talk about things. Seeing as something didn’t seem right with the doctor they were uneasy leaving Fell there alone; so they went back to check up on her. When they arrived; they had to sneak in quietly. With how the doctor reacted earlier they felt very uneasy and didn’t want to get caught. As they reached the door to her room they cracked the door open just slightly, to get a peak inside. To their surprise the doctor was ranting and was very pissed off. Saying how he knew he was going to get his revenge one day for an inappropriate ban from wolfhome, He had tied Fell down and started to torture her wishing for her death.
As Kiche and Sessgo watched what was happening it furiated them both and Kiche ran to get help; Sessgo being the dumber one and not knowing how to control herself barged into the room to save her beloved friend Fell; with nothing but hatred and a thirst for his blood in her eyes. After seeing him hurting her beloved friend Fell she wanted nothing more but to tear him apart himself. Kiche, being worried that Fell wasn’t going to be the only one in critical condition hurried even quicker for help. As she reached for a phone and called the police; they came to the rescue. Breaking up the fight between Sessgo and the jerk who hurt Fell and arresting him for attempted murder.
With the so called doctor gone and Fell in safe hands of a true doctor that was carrying for her. She was going to make a full recovery in no time at all.
Star

Aright guys No more Entries!

We shall have the results soon!
Avvie (c) Galagya
-
RedFoxx
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

Congrats to the winners and thanks to everyone who entered :smile:

Lyrak 1st Prize 10 Deltas