New Room Ratings

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Locked Previous topicNext topic
DachshundLegend
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Pronouns: anything you want
Preferred Name: Wendi
Species: Timber Wolf

instead of our normal g pg r and x ratings, rooms will now display ages instead
Kat
Omniscient
Omniscient

Awesome. B)
1-13-13
characters art
life will only change when you become more committed to your dreams than you are to your comfort zone
billy cox

Taku
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

will this stop users younger from entering them, or just as a warning?
Image avatar c) takatia
Echelon
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Species: Dark Angel.

Oh. That's a relief. I didn't want to have to go through the same thing as last time. >:|
Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Colo or L

taku wrote:will this stop users younger from entering them, or just as a warning?
Stop them entering.

Nobody anymore

Is this a Wolfhome-only change, or will it affect all chats? :>

An' ye harm none, do what ye will.

Candid
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

Ochre wrote:Is this a Wolfhome-only change, or will it affect all chats? :>
I know this is on Eclipse. But a main concern, and just like that on Eclipse, we find that users, to escape the age limits, will just create new accounts and set their own age to where they can get into basically all of the rooms.

Yes

West
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

...why did this change occur.

Public rooms were already at PG-13, for everyone

Private rooms could be set at what ever, but there are warnings and separate rules for those that hold whoever goes into them responsible. So this change only seems to affect private rooms then, which are the only ones that had different ratings, and now all it does is force certain people not to enter. What if I have friends who are 13 but we want to chill in my private room that is set higher than that? They just automatically can't enter???

I haven't actually fooled around with my own private room so maybe there are exceptions or something that can be made, but already last night someone who was trying to talk to me couldn't enter a private room I was in because they were too young and that is just ridiculous to me.
click for refs

Art--Commissions--Permissions
Miu
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Koinu
Species: "Me-uri"/Fox

Pride

I like it and I don't.
I do not like the fact that it just automatically locks out people, it would be amazing if there could be a feature to not allow that for your specific room, or something that would prompt the room owner that _______ is trying to enter, accept or decline.
☆ Previously known as Siren ☆
Characters
Kitrax

This really does remind me of the first ratings change, when you couldn't enter a room, being under 18 years old, because it was R/X-rated. It was later edited, due to people disliking it.
Timberwolf wrote:12/07/2010, the coding will be changed for the private rooms that are rated for “R” and “X” so that persons under 18 years of age will not be able to access these rooms. Age will be based on the birth date a user submitted when they register to the Chatland website’s, this will include Wolf Home, Wizard Chat, Catspaw Island, Mystic Realms, Serenity, MidnightEarth and the other ChatLand sites.
So what's the big difference between the past change and present change?
I understand that it will be more "clean" with these changes, but I don't see them necessary. It also upsets younger users if they have older friends, who, perhaps like older company, but do make exceptions for you. Another one of my complains is that I personally don't really want to discuss my age and many of my friends don't know much about it. I wouldn't want to call them, asking to change the ratings. "Hey, can you change the age ratings, because I'm only ... years old?". Sometimes I want to keep my age unknown. :/
So basically, this repeats the arguement.
Life is like a box of chocolates....You never know what you're gonna get.
Distance/Kitrax
References, Distance pose(c)Me, Kitrax pose (c)Sandhya
Jerk reference.
Pught
Leader of the Nerds
Leader of the Nerds
Preferred Name: grayson

West wrote:...why did this change occur.

Public rooms were already at PG-13, for everyone

Private rooms could be set at what ever, but there are warnings and separate rules for those that hold whoever goes into them responsible. So this change only seems to affect private rooms then, which are the only ones that had different ratings, and now all it does is force certain people not to enter. What if I have friends who are 13 but we want to chill in my private room that is set higher than that? They just automatically can't enter???

I haven't actually fooled around with my own private room so maybe there are exceptions or something that can be made, but already last night someone who was trying to talk to me couldn't enter a private room I was in because they were too young and that is just ridiculous to me.
This.

I personally find this to be discriminating against younger age groups. It will more often be used as a way to represent said discrimination rather than filtering little kids out of adult conversation. (because, honestly, how often does that even occur?)

I'm not really "hurt" in any way -- oh, boo hoo -- this is just gunna be a problem for me... Lol. And it's not just about discrimination, as that's not always the case. It just kind of cuts into basic communication (considering the age diversity here on WH). Which is key, considering wolfhome is a "community".

I'm not looking for a flame war, just my thoughts on the matter! :P
Locked Previous topicNext topic