Timber Forest "Mini-Contest"

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

Rather than have another full blown room contest, I am just going to try to handle this one differently and make it a single room.

I would like to have background artwork for the Timber Forest location.

Send them to me as a Private Message here on the Wolfhome Forum. I will wait for hopefully several submissions and make a decision based on how many submissions I get but by mid February at the latest. I am looking for something that will become the property of wunderwood LLC (the company that owns this website) and I will pay 60 deltas for the room (that's the equivalent to 6 months as an ultimate account at current prices).

I hope to get several submissions. If I haven't received a satisfactory response by mid February (lets call it valentines day), then I will close the mini-contest without selecting one.

As a side note... while the code is not in place yet, some day I really want to add an "about this room" link or button or something somewhere in each room that lets the visitors know who created that room and maybe give them a link to the artist's home page like on deviantart.com or whatever... nothing in place right now, mind you, but hopefully someday.
Jester
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Pronouns: He/Him
Species: Werewolf, Big Meow

Pride

underdog wrote:As a side note... while the code is not in place yet, some day I really want to add an "about this room" link or button or something somewhere in each room that lets the visitors know who created that room and maybe give them a link to the artist's home page like on deviantart.com or whatever... nothing in place right now, mind you, but hopefully someday.
Just wanted to say that sounds really cool UD!
Maybe it could be designed as something in the room. Like a rock, or maybe a small patch on a tree that says "info" like it was scratched there by the Guardian - to let the other wolves know about his territory of course :razz:
Jester on chat.
Harlow
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer

I was thinking maybe you could give us a little more time? I would really love to give this a shot and I think I would need more time than that considering it's already the 27th!

Is the due date going to be Valentines day?
name changed from Katanya <3
Kiriska
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

Dumb question - what are the dimensions of a room? :<
commissions are OPEN.
(please email me or use the form on the site for commissions; i only check the forums sporadically.)
'Souls RPG -- advanced writing, post-apocalyptic wolf and werewolf RPG, active since 2001!
Bear
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

there are no set dimensions. it depends on the size of your monitor, as the rooms will stretch to fit your screen.
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

Kiriska, what Bear says is true but there is an ideal height and width proportion for rooms that was picked arbitrarily way back in the days of old by some silly who's name escapes me.

The current "ideal width x ideal height" is "1020 x 533". These numbers are combersome to say the least. I would recommend something in the same proportions as 1024 x 512 (2 : 1). So images that are "800 x 400" or "1000 x 500" are probably good.

Also: Images should be sent as hi resolution and I will scale them down if I need to.
Kiriska wrote:Dumb question - what are the dimensions of a room? :<
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

Katanya wrote:I was thinking maybe you could give us a little more time? I would really love to give this a shot and I think I would need more time than that considering it's already the 27th!

Is the due date going to be Valentines day?
Katanya, just do the best you can. I want to get the rooms done, and I know that this is a short time but in the past I have found that an extended deadline did not help much. To me, 2+ weeks seems fair for a single room. If you really are CLOSE on the 14th and being rushed, send me a PM with your draft version for consideration. If it wns I will give you additional time to clean it up ok?
Harlow

Sounds good to me! I will get started tonite :D
Is there anything in particular you are looking for in this room?
name changed from Katanya <3
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

Hmm. I wish I had a good answer for "what I was looking for" but I can't really say. Use your best judgement based on the imagery the title "Timber Forest" evokes for you as well as the location on the map.

One thing that I am reminded of is that Ithica submitted a GREAT backdrop of ruins, but they looked cold and windswept, not at all like the jungle Ruins in the southern portions of the map. So I decided to add "Forgotten Keep" and put that room up north instead.
Stiria

I don't mean to sound greedy, but are there any prizes for this mini-contest? It might be wise to give a little incentive to the artists around here, other than that there art will be part of WH (to which they can't even get credit as of right now, for making).
Star
Archdruid - Spirit Caller

Stiria wrote:I don't mean to sound greedy, but are there any prizes for this mini-contest? It might be wise to give a little incentive to the artists around here, other than that there art will be part of WH (to which they can't even get credit as of right now, for making).
There will be (Unsure when) a time when Credit is given to each artist. Thats just something that has to be worked on.

I will wait for him to confirm this.
Avvie (c) Galagya
-
Kiriska
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

underdog wrote:I will pay 60 deltas for the room (that's the equivalent to 6 months as an ultimate account at current prices)
I assume that's the prize? :3
commissions are OPEN.
(please email me or use the form on the site for commissions; i only check the forums sporadically.)
'Souls RPG -- advanced writing, post-apocalyptic wolf and werewolf RPG, active since 2001!
Star

Kiriska wrote:
underdog wrote:I will pay 60 deltas for the room (that's the equivalent to 6 months as an ultimate account at current prices)
I assume that's the prize? :3
ohhhhh thanks Kiri I didn't catch that before :P
Avvie (c) Galagya
-
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

I just edited my original post and highlighted that part so help with future readers. Sorry it was buried in the text before.

The answer is that the winner will receive 60 deltas, which is the equivalent to 6 months as an Ultimate account.

Also, Kiriska asked me if I would allow multiple submissions and I responded that YES I would. Especially if they are all using the same theme. If I pict that backdrop and the artist agrees to include the others, I would be able to make the Timber Forest similar to the RP room, where you have the entry room (the volcano) and then the lava lake attached to it (the Emerald Jungle has a second location as well)...
Stiria

I didn't see that the first few times reading it through. Hmm. Thanks for answering my question.
Locked Previous topicNext topic