Kick command has changed

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Locked Previous topicNext topic
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

I just changed the command-line kick so that it does NOT require the number after the name like it used to and it does NOT have to match the upper/lower case for that user.

So, this new version of the command would work like this:
!kick 1 bAdgUY Kicking from room because he has a strange name
Note: In private rooms, the room owner (and any designated room alphas) are able to issue kick commands. The numbers they can use are:

1 Kick from room
2 Kick from room, ban for 12 hours
4 Kick from room, ban forever

VERY IMPORTANT - READ THIS: The dropdown box of kick reasons is there because the kick command reasons were being abused. Room owners were using obscene or cruel kick reasons. If this becomes a problem, my solution will be simple. I will make it so that ONLY admins can kick from the command line. So, please do not abuse this. If you kick someone, be aware that others will read your text.

===underdog===
Star
Archdruid - Spirit Caller

underdog wrote: VERY IMPORTANT - READ THIS: The dropdown box of kick reasons is there because the kick command reasons were being abused. Room owners were using obscene or cruel kick reasons. If this becomes a problem, my solution will be simple. I will make it so that ONLY admins can kick from the command line. So, please do not abuse this. If you kick someone, be aware that others will read your text.

===underdog===
So basically Kick reasons need to be kept PG-13. We have kick logs that show times/rooms/Both users involved and the reason.
Avvie (c) Galagya
-
Bear
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

Even if it's a private room it needs to be kept PG13? That doesn't make sense to me, since the private rooms themselves go all the way to X-rated. What's the difference in talking dirty in a private room and having some fun with your friends and kicking them for ridiculous reasons?
Star

Bear wrote:Even if it's a private room it needs to be kept PG13? That doesn't make sense to me, since the private rooms themselves go all the way to X-rated. What's the difference in talking dirty in a private room and having some fun with your friends and kicking them for ridiculous reasons?

There is a major difference when your kicking another user out that might not get the joke. I have seem some really nasty/degrading/insulting and just plain disgusting reasons that are really just not needed to remove an unwelcome user.

I don't see a problem with joke kicks with friends.
Avvie (c) Galagya
-
Inamorata
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Species: Maned Wolf

Star wrote:

There is a major difference when your kicking another user out that might not get the joke. I have seem some really nasty/degrading/insulting and just plain disgusting reasons that are really just not needed to remove an unwelcome user.

I don't see a problem with joke kicks with friends.

But if they're entering YOUR private room, the same rules should apply? It would be the same as them entering your room and telling them to leave for some obscene reason, which is allowed, right?
Ardent

ref

Some dance to remember... some dance to forget.
SGrayWolf

>:( If manual kicks get taken away for people abusing it, I'm gonna be one unhappy camper.

That's how I always kick because I am comfortable and used to using it from the time I spent on the admin team.

It's faster (for me) than the pull up menu.

I don't suppose you'd be willing to make a system or method (for removing the rights) with a case-by-case basis for those individuals that continue to abuse the kick reasons (instead of punishing everyone) would you Underdog?

Grrrrf.
Locked Previous topicNext topic