There is a name under a name!?

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Colo or L

The Larger name you see is someone's nickname, to see them make sure the "full names" option is checked in your sniff.

The small name is their "master" account name, this allows people to have different names depending on what site they go on, but only requires them to have one account. So for example, I could change my nickname but I would still be recognisable as colossith in chat. Nicknames likely will have no or a short cooldown on the changing of them, unlike the current 30 day account name change.

To change your nickname type !nick desirenamed so !nick Dog would change your nickname to Dog, but your account/login name would remain the same.
To remove your nickname change your nickname to your account name so if your account is called Voldemort and your nickname is MrRiddle, typing !kick Voldemort will remove the nickname.

You must reload rooms for nickname changes to take affect.

This means you don't have to add friends to lists on all accounts or have to remember 94855 login names. Also it means reuploading poses if you wish to change your name won't be as much of an issue as ART members will see your account name when you upload a pose. It is currently in the process of being implemented, so any functionality suggestions are of course welcome. Any issues with it let us know.

The chat may be slightly buggy while this is implemented properly.

nanook
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

i am not a fan of this. i don't like that anyone can have someone else's name, e.g. right now i am fellzor and fellzor is nanook. with the full names off, you couldn't even tell. if someone harasses a user on your name, while an admin would just ban that actual user, most people are going to associate being a raging dick with whatever name they see.
wonder.space.dog [@] gmail.com
if you need me, use the bat signal.
deviantART / art tumblr
winchester
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Pronouns: they / them
Preferred Name: grace
Species: eldritch

I'm actually fairly curious as to why new things are being added with current, on going bugs. Generally these new things cause /more/ bugs... so wouldn't it make sense from a coder stand point to fix the old before adding new?

intj-t | sagi sun / scorpio rising | slytherin
CharactersSarahah
aka: stark - gansey - winchester -
PRiDE

“Do I dare to disturb the universe?.”
Yes.

rex
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

i dont know how i feel about this LMAO
Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient

The abusing and impersonating aspects are something we are concerned about and any suggestions are quite welcome!

As for bugs vs new features, that is up to UD in terms of what he chooses to add or try to fix.

Canis
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

Yeah, I don't like it either, it's a pain in the butt. Real probs should be fixed first and not adding new things.
winchester
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Pronouns: they / them
Preferred Name: grace
Species: eldritch

Colossith wrote:The abusing and impersonating aspects are something we are concerned about and any suggestions are quite welcome!

As for bugs vs new features, that is up to UD in terms of what he chooses to add or try to fix.
I understand it is ultimately up to UD, but he is not the one enforcing the chat, is he? Why add something that now you guys have MORE trouble having to handle? It just seems it is going to cause a lot of issues BEYOND the coding issues.

intj-t | sagi sun / scorpio rising | slytherin
CharactersSarahah
aka: stark - gansey - winchester -
PRiDE

“Do I dare to disturb the universe?.”
Yes.

Purfy
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer

I think it's sorta fun, but I agree with Nanook.
#1 Crisis fan to oblivion and back

Bury the
pain of losing your loved ones into the arms of your friends.[/center]
whats a pulse

i don't really like this. :[ ... at all lmfao
i'm gonna sound like a dork but... pulse is kind of a close name to me and just idk.
dfshhgskajk it could be fun though but maybe... as a suggestion, if someone already has that name as their username, you can't use it? that might make and a few more people comfortable if you could work this out. like, lets say someone wants their nickname to be Blue, but someone already has the full username "Blue", so ..... they... cant use that? LMFAO I HAVE NO IDEA
huddles in a corner
newmoon
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

Decent feature. Now maybe people will stop changing their names so much. It gets confusing. :( I just wish I didn't have to be notified every time someone decides to change their name.
Bunyip
Pronouns: Any

Pulse wrote:i don't really like this. :[ ... at all lmfao
i'm gonna sound like a dork but... pulse is kind of a close name to me and just idk.
dfshhgskajk it could be fun though but maybe... as a suggestion, if someone already has that name as their username, you can't use it? that might make and a few more people comfortable if you could work this out. like, lets say someone wants their nickname to be Blue, but someone already has the full username "Blue", so ..... they... cant use that? LMFAO I HAVE NO IDEA
huddles in a corner
This totally :P
I like the idea, but others shouldn't be able to choose a nickname that's already in use...

Characters Commissions
Known as Pya. Pya on chat.
In the end.. It's all a matter of Perspective
Asch

Im having fun with it lol. Its not a bad idea, just some people are putting profane nicknames up.

FR || Charries || DA || FA
My tablet is currently broken.

Collide
Community Team
Community Team
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Kristin

I can't get it to work?
I agree with nanook.
But I find it annoying. I'm not sure why. I'm so used to just seeing the big bold "Collide" and not "Collide" with little letters underneath. It's just...too much?
rex
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Collide wrote:I can't get it to work?
I agree with nanook.
But I find it annoying. I'm not sure why. I'm so used to just seeing the big bold "Collide" and not "Collide" with little letters underneath. It's just...too much?
what if names were switched? nickname could be (here) and chat name above? wouldnt that make a little more sense

it could even be a title? not just a nickname? example:

Shanzi
(The Hyena) <- title

or

Shanzi
(Twis) <- nickname
Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient

Bunyip wrote:
Pulse wrote:i don't really like this. :[ ... at all lmfao
huddles in a corner
This totally :P
I like the idea, but others shouldn't be able to choose a nickname that's already in use...
Collide wrote:I can't get it to work?
I agree with nanook.

Both of these points are being looked into :)

Locked Previous topicNext topic