There is a name under a name!?

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
isaradia
IT'S OVER 9000!
IT'S OVER 9000!

i like this feature, it'd be really helpful to those who roleplay a lot.
Skellington
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Pronouns: he/him
Species: Dingus

Kita wrote:guys I honestly doubt UD meant any harm in providing this feature. I'm sure he thought it would be something fun to have (if used properly) and I really don't think anyone apart of it expected it to be a flop. give them credit, they made an effort to change something small about the chat to our liking and because nearly everyone dislikes it, it's getting bashed which is unnecessary. UD and the staff are being respectful to everyone's dislike and it's been removed, or disabled or whatever. like I mentioned, I personally enjoyed it and thought it could be fun and I'm sure I'm not the only person who felt that way. it's a shame it got removed so fast because of everyone's poor reactions. yes you are allowed to have an opinion and to share what you think of it, but next time, try not to be harsh about it? remember, they did this for our benefit with our best interest in mind. if they had any idea so many people would absolutely hate it, I doubt it would have happened at all.

on another note, I would be happy to see this feature again but with an option to hide it or turn it off to avoid so many complaints. it was nice while it lasted. :)
Couldn't have said it better.
Redrum
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Pronouns: He/They
Preferred Name: Eren
Species: Crow demon

I don't believe anyone was bashing. I believe people were pointing out possible bugs, and were worried about it being abused.
They were stating an opinion, not saying "this sux its stoopid".
idk man, im old.
winchester
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Pronouns: they / them
Preferred Name: grace
Species: eldritch

My replies earlier were perhaps harsh, but I will do a more thorough one now to explain my point further hopefully nicely.

The thing is with all the new features being added is that there are old features - used regularly - that need to be fixed. There are many issues with wolfhome, and there are many issues that probably would be easily fixed if there was a dedicated time frame set to working them out. I am not as good of a programmer as UD, but I can say from a coding point of view it is bad practice to add new features when you have current bugs. Current should always come first.

Don't get me wrong, I love new fun things as much as the next person. I had a lot of fun with the nickname thing - but the problem is that it shouldn't be about OMGNEW, it should be about past things fixed. From what I understand the administration wasn't even made aware of this UNTIL launch. Also another bad practice of a website such a this - your police and the people underneath you should always be in the loop. They are the ones that moderate. They are the ones that would have to deal with the problems new features bring. From the feature itself (people abusing nicknames) to the bugs (can't load rooms, lowercase names, etc), they have to deal with it all. Having them unprepared shows a lack of respect for the team.

Furthermore, the administration was clearly not in line about this, either. A new feature that challenges their daily job *should* be voted on. I get the site is ultimately UD's, and I get that he can do what he wants, but without his team and the users, this site is nothing. Is he going to moderate it? I doubt he even has the time for it, much less the will. They should have known beforehand at the very least - even if UD went ahead and launched - but at the most they should have been allowed to vote or state what they thought was more important.

There are plenty of USEFUL suggestions on the suggestions forum that users actively wish for. There are plenty of bug reports to work through. Why add new features that no one really knew about/petitioned for instead of fixing the old (most important IMO) or one we, the users and the ones that pay for this site to run, wish for.

intj-t | sagi sun / scorpio rising | slytherin
CharactersSarahah
aka: stark - gansey - winchester -
PRiDE

“Do I dare to disturb the universe?.”
Yes.

Taku
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

For the record, UD did come to an alpha and discussed the idea who also agreed it would be neat. She didn't know it would be implemented so quickly, which is why the team was not aware of it. I don't think he meant to pull a fast one on anybody.

It has been temporarily disabled until the kinks get worked out due to all the negativity around it. Most of your posts were nice, but try to think of it this way -

Instead of just talking about how much you dislike something, how about contribute ways to make the idea enjoyable? Constructive criticism is always welcomed. Simply stating I DONT LIKE THIS BECAUSE OF A B AND C isn't going to help anybody fix anything.

The bug comments are always appreciated. I just think that wolfhomers need to be more open and SUGGESTIVE with ideas, as opposed to just stating how much they hate the new feature.
Image avatar c) takatia
winchester
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Pronouns: they / them
Preferred Name: grace
Species: eldritch

Versailles wrote: The bug comments are always appreciated. I just think that wolfhomers need to be more open and SUGGESTIVE with ideas, as opposed to just stating how much they hate the new feature.
Our suggestive ideas, however, are located in the Suggestions forums. I don't think this was ever there - I may be wrong, I do not really surf the Suggestions forum. And coming to one alpha instead of the entire team just.. still isn't that professional at all.

intj-t | sagi sun / scorpio rising | slytherin
CharactersSarahah
aka: stark - gansey - winchester -
PRiDE

“Do I dare to disturb the universe?.”
Yes.

Taku
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

I was talking about individual features. If you don't like a feature that is implemented, suggest ideas that could make the feature better instead of just automatically hating it without giving it a chance.

UD doesn't have to talk to anybody about features. It is his baby, he may do what he wants with it :) We are not employees, we are volunteers, and we go with the flow.

Anyways, I'm going to leave it at that. If anybody has any other ideas for this feature please post them.
Again, the idea is that you can use ONE master account on different chatlands and have different screen names. Instead of having to have an account named Taku on Wolfhome and another account named Versailles on serenity, for example, I could change my name on each "world" and use the same master account to log in and manage.
Image avatar c) takatia
Kewl
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!

Well I haven't really read up on this but-

I just tried a nickname, and it said they were disabled? Were they taken away already?

<3 Rest in Peace Mommy. 9.26.17 I love you with all my heart <3
~»»3.3.14««~
Characters
Away
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer

I admit I did kinda hate on the new feature only because I was scared that more bugs might occur or someone might be able to have a nickname that was my username, which would have upset me. Other than that I would only suggest that maybe it is made so every time someone changes their nick-name not everyone would have to see it? I would only like this because some people like to change their nick-names a lot as I saw and it was a little annoying to have to see(that's my personal point on view) and maybe if the nick-name goes under the master account name? because if you put your avatar right above the logs..box thingy then that could hide the master account name. Those are just my ideas for is/when the feature comes back (:
im off doing nothing somewhere
Kita
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

maybe save nicknames for private rooms only? and paid accounts so that people have a harder time trolling ;)
Hocus
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!

Pride

I LOVED THIS FEATURE WITH A PASSION
please bring it back
this is me trying
discord: hannessy
Taku
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

Kita wrote:maybe save nicknames for private rooms only? and paid accounts so that people have a harder time trolling ;)
The whole point is to be able to use a different name on each chat if you'd like without having to have multiple accounts. It would defeat the purpose. I recommended it be a paid feature but UD did not like that idea.
Image avatar c) takatia
Kita
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

Versailles wrote:
Kita wrote:maybe save nicknames for private rooms only? and paid accounts so that people have a harder time trolling ;)
The whole point is to be able to use a different name on each chat if you'd like without having to have multiple accounts. It would defeat the purpose. I recommended it be a paid feature but UD did not like that idea.
oh okay, that makes sense. :q
Hiccup
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Species: Corgi

Kewl wrote:Well I haven't really read up on this but-

I just tried a nickname, and it said they were disabled? Were they taken away already?
Versailles wrote:For the record, UD did come to an alpha and discussed the idea who also agreed it would be neat. She didn't know it would be implemented so quickly, which is why the team was not aware of it. I don't think he meant to pull a fast one on anybody.

It has been temporarily disabled until the kinks get worked out due to all the negativity around it. Most of your posts were nice, but try to think of it this way -

Instead of just talking about how much you dislike something, how about contribute ways to make the idea enjoyable? Constructive criticism is always welcomed. Simply stating I DONT LIKE THIS BECAUSE OF A B AND C isn't going to help anybody fix anything.

The bug comments are always appreciated. I just think that wolfhomers need to be more open and SUGGESTIVE with ideas, as opposed to just stating how much they hate the new feature.
^Click for Characters^
Art.
Previously Crystalbullet
Blackfeathr
Pronouns: AEIOU sometimes Y
Species: Coyote

Pride

Wolfhome Related

[edit] baaleeted & reposted, see next page ~~~~>
Locked Previous topicNext topic