Forum Ranks - suggest them to us!

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Locked Previous topicNext topic
Foxgrin
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Species: Shapeshifter

No worries, guys - just expressing my opinion :) It's okay for someone to be a bit contrary or against the popular grain. I just would be more in favor of generic things that don't get too silly or odd if anyone has some ideas for that.

(These suggestions aren't for custom titles for each individual user who requests something and them alone - they're based on post counts. The forum has an automated system so that when you reach a certain post count level you can get an automatic title. So whatever is put as the title for that post count bracket [ex: 1,000 - 2,000 posts] will be automatically the title for anyone and everyone with that number of posts.)

Colossith, I'm sorry you hated the Badger, Badger joke :( The funny thing was that at the time (for a long time) anyone who was eligible for that post-count-title was an admin so they already had the administrator title to cancel it out. I guess it took this long for peoples' suggestions to get through and now they will be changed. I resigned a while ago so I haven't had any control over that. I apologize that you had to put up with it.
Best way to contact me: please email me at jayebirdblue@gmail.com
Payne

I'm only getting started (new members with the amount of posts that was equivalent to pup)
Forum Creeper
Wolfhome/forum hobo
I've got nothing to lose
Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Colo or L

In regards to questions about custom titles, there isn't any cooldowns/filters we can put on them from what I have been able to find.

KoMut
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

I say stick to wolf related. This is after all..wolfhome.

Silly is fun..but..I dunno. Gets old I think. And custom titles sound nice but seems like everyone would clammer for one. Should be earned
© Ray
Pught
Leader of the Nerds
Leader of the Nerds
Preferred Name: grayson

IMO I think memes would be hella' annoying and get old quick -- and it would be very strange to make titles based off of fandoms that a handful-or-two of our active users like. unless, yknow, it was harry potter. because harry potter is badass and everyone is familiar with it! jk... still possibly a bad idea.

imagine how confusing/awkward it would be to be a newer member who got a rank about 20% cooler or troll-buckets-whatevers... and you have absolutely no idea what that means (as i obviously don't LOL). it's just kinda weird. or even worse, to have a rank of a fandom you don't like/hate.... because everyone knows: homestuckers and bronies don't always get along. we'd only be satisfying, as i said, that handful of fans we have towards those things -- while annoying and confusing the rest.
as for the memes, IMO "forever alone" and "me gusta" jokes are also just annoying....... so that would be at least one unhappy customer, which i'm sure ya'll aren't aiming for that result.

overall i agree with the idea of sticking to wolfy things. i personally don't come here for wolves and never really did, but.. it is wolfhome i guess. buuut i do think the idea of planets/spacey things are cute hahah.. it was on an earlier page and i forget who suggested it. newer users would be.. i dont know, dwarf stars, then planets, supernova, milky way, galaxies ..black holes!!
Cassim
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!

Heyl wrote: overall i agree with the idea of sticking to wolfy things. i personally don't come here for wolves and never really did, but.. it is wolfhome i guess. buuut i do think the idea of planets/spacey things are cute hahah.. it was on an earlier page and i forget who suggested it. newer users would be.. i dont know, dwarf stars, then planets, supernova, milky way, galaxies ..black holes!!
Lmfao that was me xD.
Hocus
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!

Pride

Heyl wrote:IMO I think memes would be hella' annoying and get old quick -- and it would be very strange to make titles based off of fandoms that a handful-or-two of our active users like. unless, yknow, it was harry potter. because harry potter is badass and everyone is familiar with it! jk... still possibly a bad idea.

imagine how confusing/awkward it would be to be a newer member who got a rank about 20% cooler or troll-buckets-whatevers... and you have absolutely no idea what that means (as i obviously don't LOL). it's just kinda weird. or even worse, to have a rank of a fandom you don't like/hate.... because everyone knows: homestuckers and bronies don't always get along. we'd only be satisfying, as i said, that handful of fans we have towards those things -- while annoying and confusing the rest.
as for the memes, IMO "forever alone" and "me gusta" jokes are also just annoying....... so that would be at least one unhappy customer, which i'm sure ya'll aren't aiming for that result.

overall i agree with the idea of sticking to wolfy things. i personally don't come here for wolves and never really did, but.. it is wolfhome i guess. buuut i do think the idea of planets/spacey things are cute hahah.. it was on an earlier page and i forget who suggested it. newer users would be.. i dont know, dwarf stars, then planets, supernova, milky way, galaxies ..black holes!!
owl city
this is me trying
discord: hannessy
Pught
Leader of the Nerds
Leader of the Nerds
Preferred Name: grayson

PandoraBanshee wrote:
Heyl wrote: overall i agree with the idea of sticking to wolfy things. i personally don't come here for wolves and never really did, but.. it is wolfhome i guess. buuut i do think the idea of planets/spacey things are cute hahah.. it was on an earlier page and i forget who suggested it. newer users would be.. i dont know, dwarf stars, then planets, supernova, milky way, galaxies ..black holes!!
Lmfao that was me xD.
/then i love you/
AND YES i put that thinking of owl city eeee... ^_________^
Cassim
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!

Heyl wrote:
PandoraBanshee wrote:
Lmfao that was me xD.
/then i love you/
AND YES i put that thinking of owl city eeee... ^_________^
Lmfao /love you too/.
The idea just came to mind. Space is interesting to me haha.
WE DON'T KNOW WHAT'S OUT THERE AND SPACE IS BEAUTIFUL WITH ITS STUFF.
and Yeah haha. It amazes me xD
Xina
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Taylor

As far as the Galixy stoof.
For mega big psoters like Kat and Tak.
Pluto's Room-mate

Maybe like
the more posts you have, the further your title is related to teh sun likeee
0-1000 posts - Sun related
1001-2000 - Mercury related
etc etc
Life's a bitch, so if it's easy, you're doing it wrong.
Avani
Leader of the Nerds
Leader of the Nerds

Figured Id give this a try with Wolf Ranks. Ones in Bold are already taken obviously.

Pup
Omega
Pup Watcher
Pack Member
Scout
Warrior
Shaman
Healer
Hunter
Guardian
Elder
Gamma
Betas
Alpha
Dawn
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Spellweaver and Wordsmith

Avani wrote:Figured Id give this a try with Wolf Ranks. Ones in Bold are already taken obviously.

Pup
Omega
Pup Watcher
Pack Member
Scout
Warrior
Shaman
Healer
Hunter
Guardian
Elder
Gamma
Betas
Alpha

I think this would be perfect.
Grim
Omniscient
Omniscient

Avani wrote:Figured Id give this a try with Wolf Ranks. Ones in Bold are already taken obviously.

Pup
Omega
Pup Watcher
Pack Member
Scout
Warrior
Shaman
Healer
Hunter
Guardian
Elder
Gamma
Betas
Alpha
I like these since they're wolf/pack related. It'd make this place feel more like a.. family(?) is that the word I'm looking for.
FurAffinityTwitterDiscord: GRIM_13777
Xina
Preferred Name: Taylor

Grim wrote:

Pup
Omega
Pup Watcher
Pack Member
Scout
Warrior
Shaman
Healer
Hunter
Guardian
Elder
Gamma
Betas
Alpha
I like these since they're wolf/pack related. It'd make this place feel more like a.. family(?) is that the word I'm looking for.
Agreed.
This can solve the people fussing cause they dont like the meme related or etc stuff. WOLFhome is based on WOLFS. K.
Life's a bitch, so if it's easy, you're doing it wrong.
KoMut
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

I know not everyone comes here for wolves but a chunk do. And the fact that it is wolfhome and not any of the other chatlands..wolf oriented ranks seem best to me. As a canine centered spiritual person I would feel more comfortable this way. But I am just one person.
© Ray
Locked Previous topicNext topic