Forum Ranks - suggest them to us!

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Echelon
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Species: Dark Angel.

I think that having something that is ONLY for the first 50 members is kind of singling the others out.. I mean there are users to have been here for less time yet show more dedication to the forums than those first 50 members.
On the other side of that, it would be nice to notice those who were around on the forums first, it'd just be a nice twist to see the 'Old School' members on the forums and knowing them by their forum title.

But in ALL hoensty.. I don't really care about forum titles because Wolfhome isn't about who was here first and/or who has the most posts. I'm happy with whatever get decided, because it's just a few pixels forming words to me.

I will add this though, a forum that I was on quite some time ago had the option to add your own title, and some modifications were made to make sure that people didn't have put in inappropriate things. I'm not sure if our forum could do that, but I think that would be nice.
Ocean
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

custom titles ftw
Pught
Leader of the Nerds
Leader of the Nerds
Preferred Name: grayson

ech speaks wisely
Cassim
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!

Heyl wrote:ech speaks wisely
Amen
hiddickington
Omniscient
Omniscient
Pronouns: he/him
Preferred Name: hans

Pride

Ocean wrote:custom titles ftw
custom titles would be fun

but im happy with whatever
Seven
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

Ocean wrote:Maybe sometthing for the first 50 members to ever join the forums. Maybe a title saying Old School or something! Post ideas of a title for the first 50 members!
I agree with this idea, I mean regardless it shows that you've been here and actually stuck around. Perks for being here so long would be nice, yah?

If it's singling people out because of how long people have been here, that is just silly. If you feel belittled because of how long a user has been here......................... idk.

Foxgrin
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Species: Shapeshifter

Naw, it's really just a point that will create arguments. I think we should drop the idea. Too much drama on WH already, and someone's going to feel tense about it.
Best way to contact me: please email me at jayebirdblue@gmail.com
Ocean
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

Foxgrin wrote:Naw, it's really just a point that will create arguments. I think we should drop the idea. Too much drama on WH already, and someone's going to feel tense about it.
Pretty sad that we cannot have a small debate about ideas because of the fear of a flame war.

Not attacking you foxgrin, just making a point :aroo?:
Xina
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Taylor

NOT POINTING ANYONE OUT BUT ECHELON HAS A GOOD POINT.

Pixels people.
Yeah, theres some people who want to have millions of posts just for the hella it.
But is the forums really ment to be a competition of who can get the most posts?

Didnt think so.
Life's a bitch, so if it's easy, you're doing it wrong.
Seven
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

Nobody said anything about this being a competition. Or about post count. I'm not going to argue.

It was about (small) perks about people being here since... the beginning of time. For sticking around as long as they have, pretty much.

Anyways my vote is still for the custom ones.

Ocean
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

it's clearly not a competition to anyone, and if it is, who cares? my idea would have nothing to do with post count, or "the competition of having most posts", so what's the problem?

If the forum ranks will only be relative to post count, than throw my idea out the window.
Saeglopur
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Pronouns: she/they
Preferred Name: Christa

aaaaaaaanyways

I feel repetitive like I have said this before too much but the last word I heard on custom titles is that they weren't possible with these boards. that was from a few people familiar with phpBB, but I have yet to hear that from UD himself. there is probably a mod/hack for it but I am not sure what the higher-up decision would be with that. it would not be hard for me (or another admin) to ask UD directly, I have been bugging him a lot lately oops.

so yeah let's keep this open for suggestions.... like said above, I don't think anyone was suggesting that there be a competition. the suggestion for early members to have a specific rank was still a legitimate and relevant opinion, as everyone's is. everything is being looked at so just keep them coming.

I am one of those people that is pretty indifferent about what my title or anyone else's is but to other people it might mean more, so I am open to anything personally.
Xina
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Taylor

I was joking about it being a competition :P It was never directed that anyone said it was.
Life's a bitch, so if it's easy, you're doing it wrong.
Kishori
Pronouns: They/Them
Preferred Name: Kishori
Species: Coyote Hybrid

Pride

Ocean wrote:custom titles ftw
I was just thinking this earlier but I wasn't sure. I would love this idea.

♡March 28th, 2016♡
|Links|
Ocean
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

Yeah, custom titles sounded cool at first, but then I got to thinking.. It would eliminate the entire idea of forum title/rank, goals to reach, which is the foundation of the title/rank system. Plus like casanova said, It cannot be done.

Anyway y'all have my 2 cents!
Locked Previous topicNext topic