Forum Ranks - suggest them to us!

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Kishori
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Pronouns: They/Them
Preferred Name: Kishori
Species: Coyote Hybrid

Pride

Ocean wrote:Yeah, custom titles sounded cool at first, but then I got to thinking.. It would eliminate the entire idea of forum title/rank, goals to reach, which is the foundation of the title/rank system. Plus like casanova said, It cannot be done.

Anyway y'all have my 2 cents!
Oh yeah 8C

♡March 28th, 2016♡
|Links|
Echelon
Species: Dark Angel.

Oh, I forgot to check this throughout the day. I laughed at how many people kept referring back to what I said, but I really like what Casanova said!

Also, if there was to be custom titles, I guess you could always have it as an optional thing - If possible? Which then still revolves back to actually having other forum titles if a user chose NOT to have a custom title.
I also thought of something else (and I'm not bashing against the idea.. but) if those first 50 (or whatever number) users got the "Old School User" title that would also defy the purpose of actually trying to reach the 'goal' of getting another title depending on how many posts you have on the forum. But then also, that could be another optional thing specifically to those users - Again if possible, of course!

EDIT: Actually misread what Casanova said, that they aren't possible on these boards, which is a shame. But I guess the point is still there!

I always think I am not going to say much, but then I always end up doing it anyway. 'OTL
Ocean
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

First 50 to join is probably around 2% maybe of the active forum, so I don't think it would matter much that it cancled out post count/rank system, in order to have a cool title for the people that have stuck around this long and continued to remain active! :smile:
Echelon

I was just referring back to something you said earlier n_n
Ocean wrote:It would eliminate the entire idea of forum title/rank, goals to reach, which is the foundation of the title/rank system.
Having those titles for the first 50 members would also eliminate the entire idea. But I'm just stating the facts!
Sure do feel like I'm going in a loop though with what everyone is saying. LMAO.
I liked my first post on this topic the best. Yep! :)
Ocean
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

Ocean wrote:First 50 to join is probably around 2% maybe of the active forum, so I don't think it would matter much that it cancled out post count/rank system :smile:
Echelon

True, true! It still depends on whether the admins will do this or not though. >:
Collide
Community Team
Community Team
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Kristin

Echelon wrote:
Also, if there was to be custom titles, I guess you could always have it as an optional thing - If possible? Which then still revolves back to actually having other forum titles if a user chose NOT to have a custom title.
I actually came up with this sooner, along with Pulse I think. And it got ignored and I think someone/a couple people said no.
Xina
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Preferred Name: Taylor

There IS a way to do "custom titles". Not the kind you guys are meaning, but generally.
It would be like with the "Avatar (C):" stuff. Not above your avatar. But that way, we could have the custom title and the post count title.
Life's a bitch, so if it's easy, you're doing it wrong.
Echelon

Collide wrote:
Echelon wrote:
I actually came up with this sooner, along with Pulse I think. And it got ignored and I think someone/a couple people said no.
Casanova already said that they weren't possible on these boards.
Collide
Community Team
Community Team
Preferred Name: Kristin

ah, i haven't looked through all these pages so i didn't know.
Saeglopur
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Pronouns: she/they
Preferred Name: Christa

the information I've gathered from another admin is that yeah, it's not possible with our boards, so I can confirm that. however, if by chance we were able to find a specific mod for it that is compatible with our version of phpBB, there could be potential for custom titles. it would just be a matter of discussing it and running the mod by UD to see if he is able to code it in.
Hocus
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!

Pride

CODY JUST WANTS A SPECIAL RANK
jk but idk i just really don't like the ones we have now.
this is me trying
discord: hannessy
Mocco
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Archdruid - Spirit Caller

Tahoma wrote:
but idk i just really don't like the ones we have now.
Agreed
Ocean
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

Tahoma wrote:CODY JUST WANTS A SPECIAL RANK
jk but idk i just really don't like the ones we have now.
LMAO! If that was the case I would have suggested first 10! :biglol:
Taku
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

We are trying to figure out something that works for everybody, but as you can see by 11 pages of something we tried to get opinions on, that isn't always possible lmao. Like Casa said, we're doing what we can.
Image avatar c) takatia
Locked Previous topicNext topic