Multi-Person Whispers

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Raven
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Pronouns: he/him/his

Kasa wrote:
lmao like can everyone i whisper see the other peoples replies to me?? like black said...the chat in chat thing LMFAO?

if not i still dont get why you'd say the same thing to all 14 people other then hi or something random (knowing me, you know..) just to be annoying like "WEEEEEEWOOO"
Only if everyone participating has the same names in the box.
"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."
- Edgar Allan Poe

Lyrak
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

I would say one purpose of the multi-whisper was like, if a bunch of people were waiting for something, you could be like "hey guys I finally got my website up, go look!" or something to that effect. Like, say you have like 8 people who were all "homg tell me when you get your commissions open again" or something.

Good for announcements and shiz.
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

It shouldn't be yelling at you if you don't try to send to too many people. Maybe that's buggy. The only time you should see that is if you have, say, a basic account (2 people) and you say larry,moe,curly ... then curly won't get the message you you will see that warning.

Anyway, that was the way it was supposed to work but I threw that in there last minute, so it might be broken, sorry.
xXNeroXx wrote:That's cool and all, but the constant 'notice: You may whisper to at most 8 people.' when whispering to people is annoying. I don't mean to complain, but is there a way to make it stop? D:
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

Yeah, that is kinda strange that you can't have spaces. I will get that fixed in the next update so you can put "larry, moe, curly".
Raven wrote:I don't know if anyone else has caught this but if you're sending a multi-call thing it has to be like: "joe,larry,bob" WITHOUT spaces after the commas. I didn't think it would matter because spacing after commas is habit, so yeah. Just thought I'd mention that.
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

Kasa wrote:i dont really understand the point of it...like.................

what exactly would you be telling 14 people......?
You can tell them pretty much the same things you would say in the regular chat. They don't have to be in the same room though ('cause it's a whisper not a room). If 14 is too confusing (and it probably will be) then consider just using it for 3 way or 4 way whispers.
lmao so if i whisper 14 people "hey how are you" and some of them say they're fine some say okay and some say they are crappy and i say "oh thats good" do they all get it LMAO how the hell can you carry out conversations like that i dont get it.
Sounds like you have it pretty much understood. Yeah some of them might indeed be fine and others might be feeling crappy and you might certainly respond "oh thats good" but I would recommend that you not say "oh that's good" to the person that's feeling crappy just the same as you would in a regular chat. I am pretty sure you will figure this out, Kasa. :)
............does anyone understand what i'm saying? the only part i see that i would actually use that for is saying hi but then the conversations can go in many different directions?

or maybe i dont even understand this whole thing because i havent tried it yet, lmao i dont even talk to anyone let alone whisper 14 people
Sounds like (a) you really should try it before posting these concerns and (b) if it bothers you to whisper to 14 people at once, don't. In fact, just pretend I didn't put this online! :)
Wild

lmao, this new feature is awesome!! I've always wanted a way to whisper multiple people ;)

Only thing I don't like, is the constant notice after everytime I say something. It tells me how many people I can whisper at a time x_x over and over again. I'm sure this will get fixed though.
Chrome

I think it's UD trying to do something nice for everyone so maybe you shouldn't complain so much... just saying..
Raven
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Pronouns: he/him/his

Chrome wrote:I think it's UD trying to do something nice for everyone so maybe you shouldn't complain so much... just saying..
I don't think anyone is complaining.
New features on ANY site will always have mixed reviews regardless.
"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."
- Edgar Allan Poe

Chrome

Raven wrote:
Chrome wrote:I think it's UD trying to do something nice for everyone so maybe you shouldn't complain so much... just saying..
I don't think anyone is complaining.
New features on ANY site will always have mixed reviews regardless.
Kasa kind was.. but whatever!! :P
Blackfeathr
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Pronouns: AEIOU sometimes Y
Species: Coyote

Pride

Wolfhome Related

Just leave it. Dont try and start an argument.

kthx

Commissions | Premades | ToS
Chrome

Black wrote:Just leave it. Dont try and start an argument.

kthx
omgsh, that's why I said whatever.

But just nvm. I'll drop it now.
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

I think I got the comma-space bug fixed but it is nagging on the how-many-users bug still.. I think that will be fixed shortly.
Bobbles
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer

Thanks UD!
Bob and Robin think you are very interesting!
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

Both the comma space bug and the warning are now working properly. If that's not the case, please let me know.
Rexy
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

This is awesome =D
Rexy on the chat~

(c) Kurona<33, and avatar (c) multiple artists, not free<3 (Shinobi, xReno, Duskshadows, Mr, starwolf911, Altair, Redrum and others<33)

Characters:
Rexy, others.
Locked Previous topicNext topic