Multi-Person Whispers

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

I have recently added a new feature to the whisper function on Wolfhome. If you have a "Basic" subscription or higher you may whisper to more than one user at once. The way it works is like this...

You open up a whisper dialog by clicking the "Call" button. In the dialog there is a space for the user name. You add more users to this, separating them by commas. So for example, to whisper to three users: larry, moe and curly, click "Call" and then type larry,moe,curly in the name text box. The server essentially performs a CC (carbon-copy) for each member in the list up to the limits set by your subscription level. The maximum number of users you may whisper to at once is as follows: Basic = 2, Standard = 5, Preferred = 8, Elite = 11, Ultimate = 14.

Note: it says whisper to a user in another room but it works for the current room too. :)
Edon
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

That's cool and all, but the constant 'notice: You may whisper to at most 8 people.' when whispering to people is annoying. I don't mean to complain, but is there a way to make it stop? D:
Fellzor
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Species: ¯\_(シ)_/¯

This is awesome. :D
i ain't scare of no things
★ ☆ ★

Blackfeathr
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Pronouns: AEIOU sometimes Y
Species: Coyote

Pride

Wolfhome Related

Sssso, uh, does this mean that we can have a chat in a chat? Like, for example, if you're Larry, and you send Moe and Curly the message "hi," and Moe sends a "hi" back, does Curly get it as well?

Commissions | Premades | ToS
Star

You just need to make sure both of the names show up in the name spot. :P I have not be able to play with it much myself yet
Avvie (c) Galagya
-
Raven
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Pronouns: he/him/his

I don't know if anyone else has caught this but if you're sending a multi-call thing it has to be like: "joe,larry,bob" WITHOUT spaces after the commas. I didn't think it would matter because spacing after commas is habit, so yeah. Just thought I'd mention that.
"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."
- Edgar Allan Poe

Tarara
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

. . . . . . . I love you UD. In a non-weird way.

This is so awesome on so many levels.
Bobbles
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer

Cujo told me she can only whisper 8 people at once, but it should be 14 for her.
Bob and Robin think you are very interesting!
FfauxGrim
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

awesome! ^^
but... Mulits?

:P
Refs*TOS
~Ffaux is pronounced "foe"; faux meaning fake - I added the extra "F". Grim is.. grim. And Ffawx is pronounced; fawkes~
Hadey

Interesting addition.
Look forward to trying that one out.
Cheers UD.

Hadey
Kasa

i dont really understand the point of it...like.................

what exactly would you be telling 14 people......?

lmao so if i whisper 14 people "hey how are you" and some of them say they're fine some say okay and some say they are crappy and i say "oh thats good" do they all get it LMAO how the hell can you carry out conversations like that i dont get it.

............does anyone understand what i'm saying? the only part i see that i would actually use that for is saying hi but then the conversations can go in many different directions?

or maybe i dont even understand this whole thing because i havent tried it yet, lmao i dont even talk to anyone let alone whisper 14 people
Delilah
Mushroom, Mushroom!
Mushroom, Mushroom!

or like if one day you where talking to people through whispers to like say good bye or something xD
Timberwolf

sounds like an interesting feature, wil try it out.

Timberwolf :bighappywolf:
Timberwolf :bighappywolf:

The ear hears the call of the night and the spirt with in answers ...aaAAHHOOooooooo!!! Image
Raven
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Pronouns: he/him/his

Kasa wrote:i dont really understand the point of it...like.................

lmao so if i whisper 14 people "hey how are you" and some of them say they're fine some say okay and some say they are crappy and i say "oh thats good" do they all get it LMAO how the hell can you carry out conversations like that i dont get it.

............does anyone understand what i'm saying? the only part i see that i would actually use that for is saying hi but then the conversations can go in many different directions?

or maybe i dont even understand this whole thing because i havent tried it yet, lmao i dont even talk to anyone let alone whisper 14 people
The best thing I can figure is if you want to have a private conversation with multiple people (all of them being in on it as well) without "forcing" everyone to relocate to one private room. I guess, if that makes sense, haha.
"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."
- Edgar Allan Poe

Kasa

Raven wrote:
Kasa wrote:i dont really understand the point of it...like.................

The best thing I can figure is if you want to have a private conversation with multiple people (all of them being in on it as well) without "forcing" everyone to relocate to one private room. I guess, if that makes sense, haha.
lmao like can everyone i whisper see the other peoples replies to me?? like black said...the chat in chat thing LMFAO?

if not i still dont get why you'd say the same thing to all 14 people other then hi or something random (knowing me, you know..) just to be annoying like "WEEEEEEWOOO"
Locked Previous topicNext topic