Who should be Eligible for MotM and AS?

Looking to get more involved in the community? Community events and get-togethers are added here by the Event Committee, Relations Team and the Administration.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who should be eligible for Member of the Month and Artist Spotlight?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:58 pm

Everyone
81%
EC/RT but not Admin
6%
Admin but not EC/RT
No votes
Only regular users
13%
Other (please comment)
No votes

Total votes: 32
Fayete
Event Planner
Event Planner

Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:58 pm

Hello lovely Wolfhomies! I have been tallying the nominations for Artist Spotlight and Member of the Month, and the Event Committee has become stuck on a question. We have, on several occasions, received nominations for members of our team as well as administrators.

Since we handle the voting system once nominations are received, we wanted to check in with you all and see how you feel about that. We have hesitated to select Event Committee/Relations Team members or administrators in the past in case it seemed like we were biased toward our own teammates, but sometimes that user is just genuinely very deserving of the recognition.

We decided that now would be a good time to see where you all land on this conundrum! So, please vote in our poll and/or comment and let us know your thoughts. This poll will be open for one week and you may change your vote if you would like.

Thank you and please feel free to message me if you have any questions (or nominations for either award haha)!
2 x
Kennedy
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Pronouns: They/He
Preferred Name: Lynn
Species: Red Fox/Domestic Cat

Pride

Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:35 pm

If this is a concern by users, maybe we should have Admin of the Month and EC/RT of the Month.

I don’t see any problem with it. They aren’t winning anything except a small trophy drawing.

I can’t see how it’s favouritism. Sometimes admins or EC members or RT just really stand out.
2 x
#BlackLivesMatter
Fandango
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends
Pronouns: she/her/they/them

Pride

Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:25 am

Being a volunteer on a website is already a wageless, and even thankless job at times. I wouldn’t like to begrudge anybody the MotM because it’s lovely and it should be an inclusive event :)

Not to mention, I don’t think there’s any problem to be solved by limiting it in any way,
5 x

you only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves - mary oliver

previously Mitchiko

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic