The Wolfhome Banner - Winter Entries (OPEN)

Looking to get more involved in the community? Community events and get-togethers are added here by the Event Committee, Relations Team and the Administration.
Totem
Beta - Art Review Team
Beta - Art Review Team
Pronouns: he/they/she
Preferred Name: Jayden
Species: Coyote

Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:03 pm

can't wait to see these!!
0 x
Image Image
06/28/17
Previously Epilepsy
Aeolia
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:25 am

ahh that's gorgeous!! I hope we get enough entries to follow through with this!
0 x
Aeolia
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:08 am

The Wolfhome Administration withholds the right to cancel this contest if there are not enough participants

8( as of now we have two entries.. we need a few more if we want this to work out ;(

bump, this ends tomorrow!
0 x
Pocket
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer

Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:48 am

it would be a shame to cancel the contest with two amazing entries so far.
how many entries do you need so that this does not get cancelled?
0 x
Aeolia
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:48 am

we are hoping to have 3+ so we can open it to voting :( which would be more of a bummer since we only have two.
0 x
Feisu
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Pronouns: He/Him
Preferred Name: Felix
Species: Skeletal Automaton

Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:58 pm

You should PM the people who have said they're going to make something, it's a shame that people have to work hard on an entry just to have it be a wasted effort
0 x

No Longer Active
Can be contacted via FurAffinity or Twitter

Aeolia
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:43 pm

Alright, I have PM'd those expressing interest and offered an extension until June 16th to complete them.

I hope that's okay and that we manage to get a few more entries. I would really hate to have to cancel this.

On another note... I would love if you guys could give me some feedback with this contest, as we really want to try and host one for each season. In regards to prizes, time frame and whatever else you can think of. I'd really like to find a way to make these more popular, as getting a couple entries for each contest is really, really disappointing and discouraging for the person hosting them. You all put a lot of time into your entries, and we put a lot of time into organizing and planning these contests. So I would really appreciate feedback on them if you could spare me some!
0 x
Pocket

Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:48 pm

honestly i think you have two beautiful options here that would work out amazingly. it would be a terrible shame to cancel this contest even if there arent any more entries from now til the 16th.
if you guys end up cancelling the contests, it will end up like 99% of all other user hosted contests where no one wants to compete because you guys arent willing to announce a winner. n___n

in trying to make something popular i think this is an excellent oppurtunity to show resolve - that you guys WILL follow through with awards and stuff. more than it might discourage the event committee from holding contests, backing out after these AMAZING entries have been submitted, it will only discourage others from participating in the future. :C
0 x
Grinch
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Pronouns: They/Them.

Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:57 pm

It'd be cool if you do just do both... like the banner changes
every time you refresh uk? so you dont have to pick just one ?
0 x
Pocket

Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:32 pm

ok so i dont do art anymore and it's real bad, i know
but i dont wanna accept there being not enough entries after the other amazing artists put so much effort into their submissions ~

HERE is my entry. c:
0 x
Enfys
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Pronouns: She/her/they

Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:33 pm

I agree with Pocket 110%

these are all gorgeous
0 x

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." ~ Mewtwo
Tangerine
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Pronouns: She, Her
Species: Red Wolf x Coyote

Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:34 pm

pocket wrote: backing out after these AMAZING entries have been submitted, it will only discourage others from participating in the future. :C
0 x

what if all the things I've done
were just attempts at earning love?
'cause the hole inside my heart is stupid deep, oh
stupid deep.
Aeolia
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:41 pm

^trust me if i knew how to do that, I would. I can inquire about it at the very least, if it would be a possibility. (Which would change the prizes too, as we don't have enough deltas to give out for that sort of thing.) what would you suggest the prizes be for it, if we could find a way to implement your suggestion, Runt?

@ pocket, i misread your comment at first LOL but I will leave the extension for it, and since there are a few people voicing their concerns and wishing for it *not* to be canceled, it will stay open. The original plan was to have an admin voting period upon too many entries and then the top three being voted on by the users.

In this case, the contest will stay open until the 16th, in the hopes of receiving more entries and the admins will cast their cookies with the rest of wolfhome. Does that sound fair? n__n
0 x
Grinch
Pronouns: They/Them.

Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:43 pm

Well, if its considered an event, maybe an EC member would offer like a portrait or maybe even
a badge for winning the contest? Maybe a special title? With addition of deltas but just lower uk?
0 x
Aeolia
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:47 pm

Runt wrote:Well, if its considered an event, maybe an EC member would offer like a portrait or maybe even
a badge for winning the contest? Maybe a special title? With addition of deltas but just lower uk?

This is actually being run by the Administration! What kind of special title? Hmm.. I find it tricky, and we have been offering participation prizes with EC related events, but it doesn't seem to spark enough interest.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic