National Authors' day!

Looking to get more involved in the community? Community events and get-togethers are added here by the Event Committee, Relations Team and the Administration.
Eventful
Event Planner
Event Planner

Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:39 pm

National Authors' Day!

Welcome to the Event Committee's National Authors' Day!

November 1st is National Author's Day, and in preparation for that as well as November being the National Novel Writing Month
This is an event where every and any author (YOU!) will be able to show off their writing skills in this little competition!

To get involved, you will write out either a short or long story, your choice, and post it here! They can have any topics as long as they abide by the WH Forum Rules and don't infringe on anybody else's ideas!
There should be at least a minimum word count of 300 to 500!

Prizes:
First place will receive 5 deltas!
Everyone who enters will receive a PawPrint stamp! Image

Deadlines: November 1st, 2017 is the deadline!

Participants
Collide
Absentia
coyote

Any questions or concerns? PM Artemis
We hope you participate, and have fun!
Pixels (c) https://nanowrimo.org
Last edited by Eventful on Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
1 x

coyote
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: nichole/nic

Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:20 pm

I'm gonna attempt to do this. :eyes: It seems fun!!
1 x
I feel pretty,
but unpretty.

An old Cherokee told his grandson, "My son, there's a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It's anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
One is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth."
The boy thought about it for a few moments, and asked, "Grandfather, which wolf wins?"
The old man quietly replied, "The one you feed."

Rydein
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Pronouns: anything
Preferred Name: Lili
Species: human

Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:21 pm

doing this
i have tons of stories lying around
1 x
If you love a character, you give them pain, ruin their lives, make them suffer. Maybe even throw in a heroic death.
—Varric

Collide
Relations Team
Relations Team
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Kristin
Species: Red Fox/Raccoon

Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:27 pm

😀 Y'ALL BETTER WATCH OUT
1 x
So don't fall in love, there's just too much to lose
IXIIXVII

Artemis
Event Committee
Event Committee
Species: Loner

Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:26 am

Very excited to see what everyone writes up!
0 x
And I will still be here
stargazing

Collide
Relations Team
Relations Team
Preferred Name: Kristin
Species: Red Fox/Raccoon

Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:09 am

:Fox-Howl: here I come!
~

All characters and settings belong to Eric Kripke, Supernatural, and The CW. Please note that this has SPOILERS for the end of season twelve and the beginning of thirteen.
Spoiler! :
Until Death Do Us Part

The flowers died on Monday.

The nightmares are keeping Dean Winchester up at night. He’s been drinking himself to sleep since, and it’s been three weeks. He’s been unable to get the blinding blue glow of Cas’ grace disintegrating in front of his eyes out of his head. Sam, Jack, and himself have been staying in the little crumbling house that Cas and Kelly had been staying in while waiting for Jack’s arrival, and the small graves they had made for them were settled under the apple tree out back, the crosses swaying gently in the breeze. There weren’t any bodies buried there, but the crosses still sat over the ridge that overlooked the lake below.

It was night time, and Dean knew he would once again replay the moment Lucifer stabbed Castiel in the back, taking everything away from him. He knew he would wake with a cold sweat, a beer bottle still gripped in his hand, and tears covering his cheeks.

Dean shut the door behind him and sat at the edge of the bed, gripping the cold bottle between his hands. He stared at it for a moment and then closed his eyes. He knew it was useless, but he hoped that somewhere Castiel could still hear him. “I need you to come back, Cas. We need…I need your help. Sam’s getting too attached to the kid, and I can’t stand to look at him anymore without wanting to bash in his damn skull for existing. He’s Lucifer’s kid, Cas. That son of a bitch isn’t innocent. He could have stopped all of this. He could have kept Kelly alive, he could have saved you. But he let his bastard of a father take the only reason I get up in the morning. I can’t keep doin’ it, Cas…I can’t…” he sighed and popped the cap off the bottle, taking a long swig.

He sat in silence for a long time, just staring at the floor, sipping the beer, studying the stains and the groove of the carpet. Finally, he stood and chucked the bottle across the room, smashing it into a thousand pieces against the wall, the tiny bit of liquid that was still left creeping its way down the wallpaper. “Damn it!”

He had already drunk more than enough in the past several hours, so he decided to lay down. He crossed his arms and stared at the ceiling, and was out before he noticed.

Castiel was standing there, overlooking the crosses for him and Kelly. Dean walked over to him slowly, clearing his throat as he stopped by Cas’ shoulder.

“I’m sorry, Dean.” Castiel looked over at him, his eyes sad, tired. “I’m so sorry.”

“Cas, I-“

Castiel was gone. He didn’t let Dean reply to him, and left him standing in the darkness alone. “Son of a bitch…screw you, too, Cas!” Dean sighed and slowly dropped to his knees, staring at the cross with Castiel’s name etched in the wood.

He stayed there until the night turned to a light gray as the sun tried to peak over the hillside, then finally he stood, muttering three last words as he did: “I’m sorry, too.”

Dean woke to sun shining in through the window, a first in the last several weeks. For once he wasn’t drenched in sweat, or feeling tears on his face. He sat up slowly, seeing the crosses clearly from his window.

And the new flowers leaning against them.
2 x
So don't fall in love, there's just too much to lose
IXIIXVII

Absentia
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Species: Demon

Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:01 pm

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEEEEEEEE!
Spoiler! :
Jessie ran, ran for all she was worth. Her head was pounding and her lungs felt like they were filled with fire, but she couldn't stop now, she didn't know if she could ever stop. The beast was on her now, and she could hear it crashing through the dense underbrush, snapping twigs and saplings as it barreled its way along the path, tears began to build at the corners of her eyes.

The night had begun so normally. Jessie and a few friends had gone down to the lake like they did ever so often, to build a small fire, listen to music and just hang out. It was something they'd all done together since middle school. As she lay studying for finals earlier that evening, Jessie's friend Maria had called, she knew it was Maria and picked up on the first ring, to go over plans that hadn't changed in years. The pick-up, the short drive, and the things they always brought with them. …normal…

When they had gotten to their usual spot, people were already there and she greeted her friends with hugs and small talk, it had been a few days since they'd had time to see each other, with busy school schedules and some working, but they were the same friends as always, it never changed here.

For the first time though, tonight had felt different somehow, as if a darker atmosphere hung over their little group, but Jessie chalked it up to stress. She knew they were all tense, about school, tests, jobs, college, some had family issues, and so she paid no attention to the weight that seemed to press down on her as she talked with them about what was going on in their lives, colleges, relationships, and danced and listened to the little radio they had brought a long with them.

As the night wore on, the little party seemed to only get more and more intense, instead of winding down as it usually did, it was already well into the wee hours of the morning and no one seemed even the slightest bit ready to call it a night, everyone seemed energized, and again Jessie equated it to the situation, being out by the lake was being away from everyday life, problems, and it had been so long since some had come here, she figured they free feeling had taken them over, and she settles down on the bank to dip her toes in the water, with a smile on her face as she listened to the revelry behind her.

When she noticed the change, she couldn't remember, all she remembered was looking down the lake shore a little ways, and instantly snapping out of her day dream like state, a shadow seemed to approach the group through the trees… a large one, but just a shadow… it could have been an animal… a deer, maybe a large dog of some kind, but it unnerved her.. Something about it seemed wrong. The way it moved was unnatural, maybe its walk, she couldn't pinpoint what about it was exactly off, but there was something, and whatever it was it made her afraid.

Backing away from the water's edge, she stood and casually moved back towards her group of friends, not wanting to capture the attention of whatever the thing might be. Jessie milled around for a while, trying to get back into the mood, but finally gave up and went to find Maria.

Finally, picking her friend out of the scene, she went over to her, meaning to mention what she has seen, she knew Maria would just laugh about it, and put her at ease, and she felt that's exactly what she needed right now. But Jessie could even get Maria's full attention, suddenly everything erupted! Sparks and burning branches flew from the center of the fire, whizzing past her head as she instinctively fell to the ground, scrambling in the opposite direction, afraid to look over her shoulder, but as she did she could see every one scattering in all directions, and burning debris lay all along the bank. But what horrified her the most was Maria, lying just a few feet from where she has been just seconds ago, unmoving in the sparse grass. Her mind racing, Jessie turned, crawling back to her friend's side, shaking her almost violently in her attempts to wake her. But there was nothing to be done, she was gone.

Snapping out of her, momentary daze, the image of her best friend lying dead in front of her, Jessie registered the screams, the frantic movements of her friends, and the confusion surrounding them, but most of all she noticed the growling, a low, sinister gurgling noise that somehow drowned out almost everything else. Tearing her eyes from Maria's prone body she turned her gaze upwards, and felt the scream immediately build in her chest. A thing…THE thing stood, where once a bright bonfire had burned now only smoldering ashes surrounded its massive feet, and in the dying light of the fire she could make no sense of its towering frame, seemingly stitched together from, any and every living thing imaginable.

The beast stretched and contorted, roaring as it lunged from the fire pit and into the chaos beyond, snatching those who were too slow or immobilized in its claws, ripping them apart, tearing limb from body, and heads from shoulder's with its six pillar like arms. Arms that it then used to feed the flesh into a sickly looking vertical wound rending its headless torso nearly in half from throat to groin, oozing with a brackish fluid and lined with countless rows of jagged mismatched teeth, that Jessie quickly realized must be this abominations mouth.

She ran then, blindly, diving into the tree line without a single other thought but to get away. What else could she do? Her mind reeled with what she had seen in those few minutes, the debris flying past her head, Maria lying dead, that…that thing! And now she could hear it coming after her, and she knew that no one else was left at the fire, and that it was still hungry.

Smashing through the tree line and into the road she began screaming, and screaming and screaming. Her lungs were on fire, her legs were like rubber bands, but she ran and screamed. Even when she reached the cars, yanking and kicking and pounding on them, praying that one might be unlocked, that someone had left their keys, that maybe someone had escaped and hidden inside, the screaming never ceased. She was screaming and sobbing now as she gave up, turning down the road, running again. Her sides ached, but the adrenaline kept her on her feet as she went.

And then it followed again, hurtling out of the woods, nearly smashing into the opposite guardrail as it skidded with its momentum, running hunched down, using the power of its limbs to bear down on her, faster and faster.

Why couldn't anyone hear her scream? She wasn't far from developments; the closest house was in hearing range, why did no one turn on their lights, why were no dogs barking, no alarms going off with the reverberation of each of the Beast's ear shattering roars?? Roars that were closer each time, she could hear it breathing; hear the scrapping of those gut hook claws on the pavement behind her.

She was near home, and she veered back into the woods, the monstrous creature just seconds behind, no car could help her now, even if there were someone driving on the roads at this time of the morning, which there should have been, it was nearly dawn, she sky lightening as she once again left the cover of the trees, making a last desperate bolt across the field that bordered her house.

Heart drumming in her ears, even louder than the Beast she clawed her way to the top of the hill that lay just 10 feet from the back of her home, and she heard it, felt it lunge as she tripped, falling head over heel down the steep side, the world lurching and spinning all around her, the beast's final roar bearing down on her as she was sure it was only fractions of seconds before it would be on top of her, ripping her to shreds like the others. And she was screaming, and crying, and the door was opened, a light shining from inside. Her grandmother standing there as Jessie scrambled and tripped, clawing her way up the back stairs, screeching for her grandmother to run! Run now! Grabbing her, shaking her, clawing at her in desperation and frustration as the old woman stood unmoving and staring out into the darkness.

"Jessie, "she turned her gaze towards her hysterical grandchild. "Jessie, its gone now."

Jessie turned, eyes bulging with fright, clinging to her grandmother to look out, not believing. But her terrified eyes fell on nothing... Nothing but the rosy pink of a lightening dawn, and dark grass blowing gently in the field as far as she could see beck to the tree line…

Everything was perfectly normal…and Jessie fainted.
3 x
--------------------------------

Absentia | Anthro | Zakiya| Panic | Rayde

Artemis
Event Committee
Event Committee

Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:27 am

These are amazing guys!
0 x
And I will still be here
stargazing

Artemis
Event Committee
Event Committee

Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:24 am

Only a few more days! Might extend the time!
0 x
And I will still be here
stargazing

Absentia
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Species: Demon

Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:56 pm

Come on people JOINNNNNN
1 x
--------------------------------

Absentia | Anthro | Zakiya| Panic | Rayde

Artemis
Event Committee
Event Committee

Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:15 am

Extending the time to the 10th!
0 x
And I will still be here
stargazing

Rydein

Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:36 pm

zambie
Spoiler! :
Screams of terror pierced the stale, dry, Arizona air. It’s only been three days since the nightmare started. Rydein sits there alone, thinking of what the world had done to bring such chaos. A shaky breath escaped Rydein’s lips. A moment of realization washed over Rydein as he pulls out Aisla’s flashlight. The last memory of Aisla was his death, his screams, his blood slowly staining Rydein’s clothing. The flesh-eaters took him. Took Rydein’s lover, his best friend, his one and only.

Slamming of doors startled the crying chimeric creature. Rydein scrambles to hide a near by wall, only grabbing the firearm he stole from the now deceased police officer. The distant chattering of creatures makes the chimeric creature’s heart race with fear. Could this be the end, could this be where everything falls short for him? A gunshot stops Rydein’s thoughts dead in their racing tracks.

“Get out of here now! We know you’re in here!” A female voice yelled out. Rydein glances to his hands in which he shakily held the Glock 22. Ten rounds left in the magazine. Footsteps get louder and louder as Rydein hesitates. He shakily readies himself for a fight, he might lose, he might be able to shoot one and get enough time to escape.

A seagreen foot starts to come into sight before a masculine voice shouted in the distance. The green foot disappears in a hurry to figure out what the man wanted. A sigh of released slipped out his lips, his shoulders slumping down with relaxation. He knew he shouldn’t relax right now as there were at least two people in his shelter.

“Come on Faer, there is no use. He, she, it, whatever it is, won’t come out. Let's just raid the supplies and leave.” The frustrated masculine voice came out from the other side of the wall Rydein was hiding behind. How could he escape now when they are right there? Should he come out?

“Relax, relax. I think I know him. I can recognize his stench anywhere.” The female voice said, in attempt to calm down the agitated male.

Rydein stood their confused, what did she mean? How did she know him? He was friends with so few creatures. Why did the name Faer stick out like a sore thumb to him? It was almost like the name of someone once lost, it couldn’t be her? Could it…?
Last edited by Rydein on Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
0 x
If you love a character, you give them pain, ruin their lives, make them suffer. Maybe even throw in a heroic death.
—Varric

Artemis
Event Committee
Event Committee

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:45 am

okay!
0 x
And I will still be here
stargazing

coyote
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: nichole/nic

Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:31 pm

I'll get mine in tomorrow! Sorry for the delay :(
0 x
I feel pretty,
but unpretty.

An old Cherokee told his grandson, "My son, there's a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It's anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
One is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth."
The boy thought about it for a few moments, and asked, "Grandfather, which wolf wins?"
The old man quietly replied, "The one you feed."

Rydein

Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:39 pm

Rydein wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:36 pm
zambie
Spoiler! :
Screams of terror pierced the stale, dry, Arizona air. It’s only been three days since the nightmare started. Rydein sits there alone, thinking of what the world had done to bring such chaos. A shaky breath escaped Rydein’s lips. A moment of realization washed over Rydein as he pulls out Aisla’s flashlight. The last memory of Aisla was his death, his screams, his blood slowly staining Rydein’s clothing. The flesh-eaters took him. Took Rydein’s lover, his best friend, his one and only.

Slamming of doors startled the crying chimeric creature. Rydein scrambles to hide a near by wall, only grabbing the firearm he stole from the now deceased police officer. The distant chattering of creatures makes the chimeric creature’s heart race with fear. Could this be the end, could this be where everything falls short for him? A gunshot stops Rydein’s thoughts dead in their racing tracks.

“Get out of here now! We know you’re in here!” A female voice yelled out. Rydein glances to his hands in which he shakily held the Glock 22. Ten rounds left in the magazine. Footsteps get louder and louder as Rydein hesitates. He shakily readies himself for a fight, he might lose, he might be able to shoot one and get enough time to escape.

A seagreen foot starts to come into sight before a masculine voice shouted in the distance. The green foot disappears in a hurry to figure out what the man wanted. A sigh of released slipped out his lips, his shoulders slumping down with relaxation. He knew he shouldn’t relax right now as there were at least two people in his shelter.

“Come on Faer, there is no use. He, she, it, whatever it is, won’t come out. Let's just raid the supplies and leave.” The frustrated masculine voice came out from the other side of the wall Rydein was hiding behind. How could he escape now when they are right there? Should he come out?

“Relax, relax. I think I know him. I can recognize his stench anywhere.” The female voice said, in attempt to calm down the agitated male.

Rydein stood their confused, what did she mean? How did she know him? He was friends with so few creatures. Why did the name Faer stick out like a sore thumb to him? It was almost like the name of someone once lost, it couldn’t be her? Could it…?
heres my lil story containing a few of my fursonas ;)
0 x
—Varric

• Information