Words Of Wisdom, A Quote A Week! (Wk 3)

Eventful
Event Planner
Event Planner

Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:04 pm

(c) fontmeme.com

Days get rough, and we know that here at Wolfhome's Event Committee. So we wanted to try something new for you all!
"Words of Wisdom" (aka) Weekly advice a quote a week, is a new way for us to hear from you.
We will give a weekly quote or words of advice and we would like for you to tell us in the comments below
your response to the weekly theme.

** We will chose one response that has been inspirational to the team
and best related to the quote itself to receive a delta prize. **
We wan't to brighten your days and brush the dirt off for you through comforting and bright words.
Please join us as we deliver Wolfhome Words of Wisdom and Wordily Advice.

This Week's Quote:
(01/25 - 01/31)

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.

Theme:

What message is this quote trying to deliver to its audience? What about this quote relates to you the most?

Participants:

Participation Prize:
Each person who participates in this event will receive 1 stamp each.
There is a limit of 1 stamp per user but you may continue to participate
in this event as many times as you would like to.

Last Weeks Chosen Response

ShadyGuyIsShady!
The timing of which this quote is given implies that the New Year is the time of new beginnings but that is not true. The time of new beginnings is always. You can always start fresh and starting fresh is very simple: "To begin, begin" - William Wordsworth. Beginning is as simple as that. Nothing more, nothing less. The hard part that makes many people stop is the effort required. But anything worth having takes effort: "I'm not telling you it's going to be easy -- I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." - Art Williams.

I've been using other people's quotes to support the quote of the week but now I'm going to tell you I think myself: If your life is going well and you don't want to start a new beginning, no one is telling you to start a new beginning. But if you so choose to have a new beginning, know that it will always be there for you.

I've applied the quote of the week at quite a large scale. I went through most of high school living in someone else's shadow because I was shy. Later that person forced me out of their shadow which forced me to become my own person. You would think that I would hate them for that, but I don't. I want to thank them because it gave me a new beginning.

Should a friend be going through a hard time, I will help them out and if they want to start anew, I will support them, even if it means I probably will never see them again.
2 x
Tolt
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Species: Cavalier King Charle

Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:53 pm

Bump!

"I will use this quote to live life to the fullest by not being so hesitant to try new things! Its okay to try something new and start something new even if you are scared. I will use this quote to help others by showing them the new things I have done and helping them break from their own comfort zones to try new things."
0 x
Xylthia
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:13 pm

"The best time for new beginnings is now."

This quote is exceptionally well written in a way that is short, clear, and straight to the point.
I will personally keep this saying in mind to not be hesitant about starting to change myself, my ways,
or dive into new areas which haven't been explored before. The time to change yourself and get into new things is not in a few weeks, tomorrow, or in a few hours; it's now. Next time I or someone else feels hesitant about trying something new such as a new hobby, new food, a new adventure, this quote will be really handy to keep in mind and motivate yourself to just do it.
0 x
sand coffin!
commissions | tos | art thread
shadyguyisshady
Wolfhome Newborn
Wolfhome Newborn
Species: Canis Lupus

Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:33 pm

The timing of which this quote is given implies that the New Year is the time of new beginnings but that is not true. The time of new beginnings is always. You can always start fresh and starting fresh is very simple: "To begin, begin" - William Wordsworth. Beginning is as simple as that. Nothing more, nothing less. The hard part that makes many people stop is the effort required. But anything worth having takes effort: "I'm not telling you it's going to be easy -- I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." - Art Williams.

I've been using other people's quotes to support the quote of the week but now I'm going to tell you I think myself: If your life is going well and you don't want to start a new beginning, no one is telling you to start a new beginning. But if you so choose to have a new beginning, know that it will always be there for you.

I've applied the quote of the week at quite a large scale. I went through most of high school living in someone else's shadow because I was shy. Later that person forced me out of their shadow which forced me to become my own person. You would think that I would hate them for that, but I don't. I want to thank them because it gave me a new beginning.

Should a friend be going through a hard time, I will help them out and if they want to start anew, I will support them, even if it means I probably will never see them again.
0 x
Don't be ashamed of who you are :Fox-Smile:
Tau
Alpha
Alpha
Species: Meat Popsicle

Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:53 am

Bump =)
0 x
Characters | Commissions | Premades | TOS
Previously known as Bedagi.
Tolt
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:40 pm

Two more days until the next weekly quote! Get your submissions in! :)
0 x
Dodam
Beta - Forum Moderator
Beta - Forum Moderator
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Jo

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:27 am

This quote will remain true for me no matter what time of the year it is. In my opinion, you don't need a new year for new beginnings because "now" is definitely the best place to start. We humans are not perfect beings, we all know that--we will evidently make many many more mistakes in our lives that we may possibly end up regretting, but no matter how "low" we get in life, new beginnings are always available to everyone. I believe this to be true to so many people, not only to those that I know in real life, but to the people here as well, friends or not.

I'll use this quote to live life to the fullest by pushing myself to try things I've never tried before. There are skills or aspects in my life that I have honestly never even considered I could be able to tap into because everyone, myself included, had no faith in my potential but because I know that life is short, I decided to push aside any fear I have to just try and do it because you never really know. We live only once in this life, and if I want a fresh start in life, I must grasp every opportunity to improve myself no matter how hard the tasks push me. I'm sure I'll look at myself again one day, and I'll remember the incompetent person I used to be, but then I'll also remember all the hardships that shaped me and pushed me to become the person I am today and the person that I will also be tomorrow.

New beginnings, no matter how beautiful they sound, won't always be easy at first. I'm sure many people will find it hard to start a new chapter or page in their life, so I think I can help others by guiding them through their hardships and even the start of their new beginnings. Not one person doesn't deserve a new chapter/page in life so I'll use this quote to help others by being there for them. We all need people who will support us in our lives (the old and new) and I think that even just one person, if none at all, can help others push themselves to do just that. But it won't really stop there. I'll use this quote to also help others learn to support other people as well because this is the best way for everyone to improve--together.

New beginnings should not stop with ourselves, but should also help extend to the lives or beginnings of other people.
0 x
- Rasengan

Previously Shii
Dodam on Chat
References | General Commissions | Fullybody Human Commissions | Quick Commissions | DeviantArt | Premades
"Cause we are, we are, The colors in the dark"
Tau
Alpha
Alpha

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:57 am

Last day to enter for this week's quote!!
(Quote's go for one week each - Wednesday thru Wednesday)
0 x
Tolt
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:08 pm

Quotes from week 1 are currently under review and everyone has now received their stamps, Sorry for the delay.
0 x
Eventful
Event Planner
Event Planner

Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:16 pm

The new quote has been added!
0 x
shadyguyisshady
Wolfhome Newborn
Wolfhome Newborn
Species: Canis Lupus

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:39 am

There is a big difference between listening and hearing.
Hearing means you're just acknowledging that words are being said
Listening means you're thinking about what they're saying.
However listening goes much deeper than that.

There are many levels to listening. There are a few big ones.
The first level that most of us go to is the listen to respond.
After that comes the listen to sympathize which shows moderate care.
And then comes the empathy level where you try to relate.

But there are some scenarios where you don't have to listen to understand and some where you do.
Sometimes it can be hard to discern them and because people don't want to take the time to understand they don't.

I believe that this quote is trying to say that you should take the time to understand what people are saying when they are saying things that could matter. I am in no way innocent of this myself. There are a couple people who I just tune out because all they do is spend 5 minutes saying the same thing.
0 x
Don't be ashamed of who you are :Fox-Smile:
Tau
Alpha
Alpha

Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:29 pm

Bump =)
0 x
Xylthia
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:30 pm

"The biggest communication problem is
we do not listen to understand.
We listen to reply."
-
I've personally heard this quote be uttered before by my history professor. I just wanted to write a quick response since we had a lot to say in the class about it.
Today, most of the people tend to ignore the fact that people tell and explain us things so we could understand the meaning behind it. We tend to get a glazed look in our eyes until the person stops talking because we are so eager to reply to them and state our view on the matter.
It would be so much better to listen thoroughly to the speaker to really hear and understand what they are saying and to take that into consideration before jumping onto a reply train without understanding what the other person is trying to get across. Sorry this is short, but I just wanted to say something instead of nothing on this quote.
0 x
sand coffin!
commissions | tos | art thread
Tolt
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:03 pm

Bump! :)
There's gotta be something to write in those wonderful minds!
0 x
Shiro
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Species: Space Dad™

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:44 am

"The biggest communication problem is
we do not listen to understand.
We listen to reply."

Nowadays, people don't pay attention to what you're saying. They'll listen, take it into consideration for a moment, offer their response, but they will forget about it after. They don't try to see the deeper meaning in things you're saying, or even to offer compassion, most of the time. They simply reply because if they didn't it'd be awkward.
To understand somebody, you have to look at every little secret hidden behind their words, for all of them have a different, confidential little bits about them that the speaker wants you to find out.
If you listen, you register the words people say, but if you hear them, you recognize what they are saying and fully understand. Like, the saying "I hear you" means "I understand."
0 x
staring down the face of fear
gotta keep
breathing
when the negative is all you hear
gotta keep
believing

Image Image Image
Locked Previous topicNext topic