Letter To Yourself 2018

Looking to get more involved in the community? Community events and get-togethers are added here by the Event Committee, Relations Team and the Administration.
Pecktre
Omniscient
Omniscient
Pronouns: they/them
Preferred Name: kaz
Species: borb

Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:59 pm

claps hands together
why not
Spoiler! :
Hey future Kaz,

Things aren't looking too good right now. College has kicked your ass and left you as an unwilling dropout due to accreditation issues and campus closings, you've dealt with a lot of personal strife this year both personal and social, and lately you've been having a hard time making ends meet. Your life feels incomplete, you feel hated by your peers for your shortcomings, and sometimes you don't want to get out of bed. You wonder the purpose of getting up in the mornings, or why people even want you around. It's been difficult finding a schedule for yourself or even wanting to improve your life. There are still people on the outer reaches of your life who want to make your life hell and you can't understand why, and it's harder than ever to promote that change you want to see in yourself right now.

But you still hold hope. It gets better than this. It has to. So that's why you're writing this letter to yourself, to remind yourself where you were and how much you've accomplished. How much more there still is for you to do. Don't let life and other people get you down. Hold yourself up and rely on those around you a bit more. They care about you. They really, really do. And most importantly, remember to take care of yourself. It's important to remember that you can't save everyone you encounter. While it's important to still try as always, it's also important to learn how to let go of other people when it is damaging to your mental health and wellbeing. 2018 has been a year of big changes and emotional hurdles for you, continue to accept these changes in stride and develop even further by the time you read this letter next year.

Let's try to make some goals for ourselves for this next year. By the next time you read this letter, let's try to get the following done:
1. Get back on antidepressants. Call your doctor. It's the best for you and you don't want to feel this way anymore. You know this.
2. Look into therapy again. I know the system has hurt you and that you remain skeptical about it, but finding the right person to confide in professionally is going to help you more in the long run.
3. Love yourself again. Find out if you ever loved yourself to begin with, even.
4. Be healthier physically and mentally. Start eating better and taking care of yourself. Be a better person, the one you want to be. I know we're still imperfect right now, but you can change that. You're not past you, you're future you, and you have the power to get things done.
5. Finish your beginners license period and get your full driver's license. I know driving is scary and that you have a lot of anxieties revolving around it, but you can do it. You'll get there.
6. Look back into college more. Find what you're meant to do in life, or at least get closer to the idea of what you want to do. It's out there. Find it and take it.
7. Keep moving forward, no matter what happens. Do not give up, stop entertaining death as a fun option, and improve your view on life moving forward. No one is allowed to kick you down anymore. Be the change you want to see in the world and stop expecting handouts you never ask for.

I love you. Be safe. Make the changes you want to see in your life and be happy with yourself. Give yourself a break from the hardship your life has given you and find a way to turn it into something positive.

Past Kaz
2 x
No mourners, no funerals.
Euphorically floating upon wax wings, where is the sun?

Kat
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: chey

Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:26 pm

everyone should do this-- it's a good time to reflect on yourself so you can keep growing.
Spoiler! :
the last letter you wrote to yourself was in, like, 5th grade and you talked about relationships... that's so lame.
i'll talk to you as if you were a different person because in a way you will be by next year.

this is your last year in Illinois. how does that make you feel? (...processing... hmm... i dunno, indifferent.)
WHAT ABOUT HEADING OUT WEST???! (hell yeah! love those mountains)
your first step in college is (basically) done now! how does that make you feel? (GREAT! duh. that was rough.)
you've done poorly over the past few years-- and that's okay! you are realizing your mistakes now. that's the first step.
what are some goals you have now that you want to see yourself doing by this time next year? (maybe working on some of those failures, huh? good luck.)

- continue pursuing education
- keep gaining self-confidence
- omg stop procrastinating, you've gotten into so much trouble for doing that
- stay positive. stay positive. stay positive. for the love of God, stay positive. it seems like things take a really long time but in the grand scheme they don't-- they're only a small portion of your life. you can overcome the small things. keep pushing.
- reach out to your old friends, please. stop reading messages and not replying for a month. that's a really bad habit and isn't how you keep friends. they probably think you don't miss them. that's really awful.
- keep trying to make new friends!! socialization is important.
- apologize for your wrongdoings.
- think about the consequences of your actions before doing them.
- stay fit! exercise and eat well. get good rest, too. drink lots of water, you fish.
- start delving more into your spirituality. chase your soul.
- read more books
- draw more
- why not volunteer?
- PRIORITIES > fun!
- take your challenges like an adult... remember, "improvise, adapt, overcome"

these are things you already know, but it's time to put action to those words instead of wishes to the wind.
you got this. keep growing.
1 x
1-13-13
characters art
stay true to yourself, go with the flow, and always stay positive.

Tau
Alpha
Alpha
Species: Meat Popsicle

Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:54 pm

I have extended the closing date for this by two weeks, now closing on the 19th of October. I want to give everyone a chance to participate in this amazing event! If you haven't yet, please take the time to do this!
1 x
Characters | Commissions | Premades | TOS
Previously known as Bedagi.
Tau
Alpha
Alpha
Species: Meat Popsicle

Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:40 am

Tau wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:54 pm
I have extended the closing date for this by two weeks, now closing on the 19th of October. I want to give everyone a chance to participate in this amazing event! If you haven't yet, please take the time to do this!
SCREAMS!
0 x
Characters | Commissions | Premades | TOS
Previously known as Bedagi.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic