What Would You Guys Like To See?

Looking to get more involved in the community? Community events and get-togethers are added here by the Event Committee, Relations Team and the Administration.
Bressa
Gamma
Gamma
Species: Tiger

Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:02 am

mithril wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:01 am
CrowFly wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:57 pm
mithril wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:02 pm
I would love to see team-driven events, where users are paired up and have to work together.
This is certainly a great idea! We'll see what we can do here. If you have any event ideas based around this let us know!
Thank you for the suggestion<3
forum & chat scavenger hunts that have people figure out the riddles to get the next clue/lead
collaboration events for artists & writers
"big brother" events for the summer where an administrator can be paired with another user or two (I'm not sure the user to admin ratio on the drop of a hat)

I'll try to think up some more ideas
OOO kinda like an escape room?
0 x
Bressa on chat!
If your not smiling your doing it wrong!
https://toyhou.se/Bressa/characters
Sol
IT'S OVER 9000!
IT'S OVER 9000!

Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:19 pm

@Hocus @Bressa

Can someone explain what an escape room is? Is it teaming up to solve a riddle?
1 x
Bressa
Gamma
Gamma

Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:22 pm

aemoreia wrote:
Hocus Bressa

so an escape room has little puzzles or riddles you use to get to another room or to find a key or another object that lets you "escape" We can definitely make it teams or a group working together!
1 x
Bressa on chat!
pidge
Apprentice
Apprentice
Pronouns: she
Preferred Name: morgan
Species: kind bean

Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:25 pm

mithril wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:01 am
CrowFly wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:57 pm
mithril wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:02 pm
I would love to see team-driven events, where users are paired up and have to work together.
This is certainly a great idea! We'll see what we can do here. If you have any event ideas based around this let us know!
Thank you for the suggestion<3
forum & chat scavenger hunts that have people figure out the riddles to get the next clue/lead
collaboration events for artists & writers
"big brother" events for the summer where an administrator can be paired with another user or two (I'm not sure the user to admin ratio on the drop of a hat)

I'll try to think up some more ideas
Me and Bressa are actually figuring out a good way to get a sort of "escape room" type idea for ya'll to get involved in -- keep your eyes open!
1 x
she slept with wolves without fear
for the wolves knew a lion was among them

th
Hocus
Event Committee
Event Committee

Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:48 pm

aemoreia wrote:
Hocus Bressa

ya pretty much!! basically (irl) you get locked in a themed room for an hour and you have to find clues that tell you how to escape the room. you usually get like 3 hints. he room is filled with puzzles and riddles. super fun brain teaser
1 x
it's just a bunch of hocus pocus
06 01 18
dogwood
Omniscient
Omniscient

Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:12 pm

This happened once on MR and it went badly - people were restricted to a room for 12+ hours, so keep that in mind. Don’t go placing actual locks on what rooms people can enter! An admin could have hidden rooms set up however and when someone passes, they get a howl/tug to the next room maybe or something.

I didn’t mean an escape room per say, but I’ll be interesting to see what you all come up with!
1 x
Bressa
Gamma
Gamma

Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:50 pm

mithril wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:12 pm
This happened once on MR and it went badly - people were restricted to a room for 12+ hours, so keep that in mind. Don’t go placing actual locks on what rooms people can enter! An admin could have hidden rooms set up however and when someone passes, they get a howl/tug to the next room maybe or something.

I didn’t mean an escape room per say, but I’ll be interesting to see what you all come up with!
Yeah I was thinking 3 rooms with small little puzzles and each room having ec or admins to help with hints.
2 x
Bressa on chat!
Ghrimelda
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Preferred Name: ash

Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:30 pm

could also do what we did for halloween last year & use passwords for the next room?

the password could go along with whatever the answer was that solved that room OR a hint for the next one
0 x
Mongrel
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Archdruid - Spirit Caller

Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:25 am

• drink & draw:
    an online hosted event where participants drink a beverage and draw together. it could include some sort of screen sharing, zoom, twitch stream or the like. participants could follow a tutorial or everyone just freestyles to draw what they want - or both. some recommended seasonal drink recipes could be included. this might be especially cozy for upcoming holidays.
  • draw this in your style challenge:
    you can take an old piece of artwork from wolfhome (ex. the "full house" page) and challenge participants to draw it in their style. an assortment of popular art challenges could be very fun, but dtiys comes to mind.
  • lo-fi hip hop:
    users could either create artwork or a lo-fi playlist that is somewhat wolfhome/therian themed. users could create an image/banner that is displayed when lofi plays - or even be open to user collaboration. users could also create a lofi playlist to accompany it. could potentially be uploaded to a youtube account for all to enjoy depending on sound copyrights!
  • playlists:
    more playlist contests in general, maybe seasonal or holiday centered.
  • die roll feature:
    more contests implementing the fun die roll feature on chats. maybe even some wolfhome-centric roleplaying campaigns. bring back the roleplayers they were having fun :(
5 x
GOOSE
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Pronouns: they/he
Preferred Name: august

Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:53 am

Mongrel wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:25 am
  • draw this in your style challenge:
    you can take an old piece of artwork from wolfhome (ex. the "full house" page) and challenge participants to draw it in their style. an assortment of popular art challenges could be very fun, but dtiys comes to mind.
YES i had a similar idea; dtiys is really good
also thinking of inviting people to experiment with different mediums and techniques outside of digital art
1 x
i bet it's nice to breathe
die every year like leaves

Cider
Event Committee
Event Committee
Pronouns: She/Her

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:30 pm

Thanks for the great ideas! They all sound like a lot of fun. We currently have something in the works that utilizes the die roll feature, but we’ll definitely keep it in mind for future events as well!
1 x

Previously MrFunGuy on chat, now Cider on both.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic