Pride Month Extravaganza! [Closed]

Eventful
Event Planner
Event Planner

Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:49 pm

June is here, which means Pride Month is also here!

Pride month is all about celebrating LGBTQIA+ culture, (and allies, too!) and we're bringing that celebration here, too!
So we're hosting a Pride Month Extravaganza!
This is an event to share our pride, remember those who have paved the way for us to be able to express our pride, and to strengthen our love and support of the LGBTQIA+ community of all ages, races, and ethnicities.
This is a non-competitive event, so don't worry about doing or being the best! Anything and anyone is welcome to participate in any degree and form. :)

And if you stick around, there may be a surprise or two or three or more in store for all participants... ;)
(And the more submissions, the more surprises... Hehehe...)

** Please note: though we are celebrating all sexualities and identities, we do not support nor condone pedophilia or zoophilia.

How to participate:

♥ Share! Post art, photos, poems, stories, anecdotes- anything in any form that celebrates anything LGBTQIA+ culture! It can be things like a sketch of your character sporting a rainbow flag, photos from a pride parade (keeping it PG-13, of course!), a story of your experience with LGBTQIA+ life, etc. Again- there's no minimum or maximum for this. :)

♥ We also welcome any links to LGBTQIA+ resources such as helpful websites, bits of history, people of note, etc. Anything and everything educational is more than welcome!!

This event will be running from the moment it's posted until the end of June!

This is a list of websites dedicated to educating and aiding you and others on their LGBTQIA+ journey. Whether confident, questioning, needing help, or just curious- go ahead and give these a click!

https://lgbtqiaresources.com/ -- a directory of websites and organizations dealing with helping LGBTQIA+ persons. Here you can find locations of support centers, a list of websites dealing with health, advocacy groups, etc.

https://centerforblackequity.org/ -- an organization specifically dedicated to the support of black LGBTQIA+ culture.

https://www.glaad.org/resourcelist -- another resource list for different sexualities and genders.

https://www.thetrevorproject.org/trvr_s ... al-health/ -- a list of resources for mental health help specifically for LGBTQIA+.

https://www.ihs.gov/lgbt/ -- resources for Native American/Alaska Native LGBTQIA+, including Two-Spirit.

https://itgetsbetter.org/blog/initiativ ... mmunities/ -- a directory for AAPI LGBTQIA+.

https://gustavus.edu/diversity/LatinxResources.php -- resources for latinx/latine LGBTQIA+.

Want to support one of your fellow Wolfhome users?
Check out Echoplex's Shout Your Pride! Hard Enamel Pin Kickstarter!

Let's also take a moment to remember.

Though we are celebrating our LGBTQIA+ culture- we do not want to forget that it has taken fight to get here. And that we are still fighting. We want to honor those who have given not just their voice- but those who have given their lives.
From the Stonewall riots to the Orlando nightclub shooting; even in the countries seen as the most progressive still struggle with violence against LGBTQIA+.
Together, though; we are strong.

In honor of June Pride Month, the wonderful whimsy has created Pride Premades for all to use on chat, in their signatures, off-site- anywhere for anything! :D
You are 100% welcome to mod these in any way you'd like- there's even a "blank" version for you to customize as needed!

blank flag premade album! (all versions)

STANDING PRIDE:

rainbow flag!

transgender flag!

bisexual flag!

lesbian flag!

asexual flag!

pansexual flag!

non-binary flag!

straight ally flag!

SITTING PRIDE:

rainbow flag!

transgender flag!

bisexual flag!

lesbian flag!

pansexual flag!

asexual flag!

non-binary flag!

straight ally flag!

NOTE: more flags will be added as time goes! If there's a specific flag you'd like, go ahead and let us know!

Cider's beautiful wedding!
A friend's words on reality
frog and friends at the Pittsburgh pride parade!
some nail pride from whimsy and a cute rat butt!
zuko looking good in front of some rainbow balloons!
Aralia in a perfectly curated pansexual outfit at pride!
a wonderful piece by Judgement expressing their identity!
Lacernas support in coming out on social media!
some cute as heck "bee proud" pins from Keyz!
Avani with that non-binary and demisexual pride!
A Refresh-ing trans flag!

Eventful wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:29 am
what's this?

Look at what I found under all this glorious pride!

(large version)

Whimsy must've dropped this off for us all!
So along with the first premade, all participants also get this premade!

Let's keep this extravaganza extravaganzanizing!! Just a week left, so shower us all with what you've got to show!!! :D
Eventful wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:20 pm
And to thank you all for making this such a wonderful and spirited event- one more premade from whimsy!

large

Anyone who posted anything here- even just a small little blurb- has permission for this one as well! And feel free to mod to fit to your character(s). :)

And remember:
Love each other!

credit of the graphics + premades to whimsy
8 x
Cider
Event Committee
Event Committee
Pronouns: She/Her

Pride

Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:59 pm

Love this event! I will post some photos from my wedding tomorrow :)
1 x

Previously MrFunGuy on chat, now Cider on both.

birdie
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends
Pronouns: sher
Preferred Name: birdie, whimsy, HUSH
Species: idiot

Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:56 pm

YA BBY LET THOSE COLORS FLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! ♥♥♥

and double shout-out to @Echoplex and their awesome enamel pin Kickstarter!!!
What honestly is better than screaming ur pride through the embodiment of a cute af cat. Like for real

ANYWAY whaddup I'm whimsy and I'm at least 80% gay
I would also like for bi-erasure to no longer be a thing !!!! That is my big fight >:o
4 x

| ♓🌙

Cider
Event Committee
Event Committee

Pride

Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:24 am

As promised, a bunch of photos from my big gay wedding. Sorry for the lack of unicorns and rainbows :P
14 x

Cider
Event Committee
Event Committee

Pride

Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:43 am

Also sorry to double post but I wanted to share some very real words from a friend

I wanted to take a minute to share something, my buddies. It’s pride month. Most of you are supportive. Some of you are not. Just wanted to give you a little insight.

When you see my pictures on here you see my absolute joy in my current life. Maybe you love that, maybe you roll your eyes.

What you don’t see is when [wife] and I step out of our vehicle somewhere and take a minute or two to decide if it’s safe for us to hold hands or smile at each other.

You don’t see my hesitation when I meet a new neighbor and they ask if I’m married.

You don’t see a guy at the bar call [wife] a f** when she comes out of the bathroom. You don’t see employees at the hardware store refuse to help her when she has short hair.

You don’t see us choosing our travel plans based solely on our safety as a couple.

You don’t see me sitting quietly at home, looking at all the photos of my cousin’s recent wedding where our family is celebrating his joy. You don’t see how much it hurts that they refused to come to mine.

You don’t see it because our sweet, simple life is full of smiles and laughter and good friends... But just because you don’t see the darkness doesn’t mean it’s not there... and it’s so much worse for so many people.

So that’s why pride month is still important. Maybe kindness and understanding will win out if we keep letting others know it’s okay to be happy with who they are. Maybe the darkness will get smaller and smaller until one day it’s completely gone.

I think any lgbtq+ person can relate to her words, especially for those of us who live in rural areas. Happy pride month everyone and please stay safe!
9 x

Hocus
Event Committee
Event Committee

Pride

Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:52 am

Cider wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:24 am
As promised, a bunch of photos from my big gay wedding. Sorry for the lack of unicorns and rainbows :P
beautiful!!! you both look so happy. i love your centerpieces as well. what a magical wedding
3 x

i was born in the south
sometimes i have a big mouth
when i see something that i don’t like

06 01 18

frog
Mushroom, Mushroom!
Mushroom, Mushroom!
Pronouns: he/they
Preferred Name: alex
Species: technoblade stan

Pride

Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:09 pm

couple of guys bein dudes
from the pittsburgh pride parade brrrrrrrrrrrr
Spoiler! :
9 x

☾ ★ ☀ ☄
the price of your greed
is your son and your daughter

BLACK LIVES MATTER / commission my friend
birdie
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends
Pronouns: sher
Preferred Name: birdie, whimsy, HUSH
Species: idiot

Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:22 am

Spoiler! :

Some pride nails feat. A rat butt :3
9 x

| ♓🌙

kennedy
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Pronouns: They/He
Preferred Name: Lynn
Species: Red Fox/Domestic Cat

Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:29 pm

Spoiler! :
6 x
#BlackLivesMatter
Aralia
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Pronouns: she/her

Pride

Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:15 pm

Me and some pals at my first Pride in Madison, WI in 2018 ;_;
ft. my pansexual flag outfit <3
I grew up in a super unaccepting environment so this was one of the first times I was able to really start exploring what being queer means to me and everyone there was so sweet
Spoiler! :
8 x
--aka gip--
Judgement
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Preferred Name: quinn / holly

Pride

Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:36 am

HAPPY PRIDE !!! i hope everyone's staying safe!! this is such a nice wholesome event ;;;
here's some art i did back in 2019! labelling my gender and sexuality has always been a struggle for me, and although this is a bit outdated it's what i felt comfortable with [abrosexual demigirl] :]
Spoiler! :
my ex and i went to san francisco pride and watched the parades from 2018-19, and it was super cool >:D i took pics of almost everything but bc my phone is dumb i dont have access to them atm x_x but all the floats were super cool!!! and his younger sister got to be on the disney one hehe
6 x
:Fox-Raspberry:
Neko on chats.
Eventful
Event Planner
Event Planner

Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:29 am

what's this?

Look at what I found under all this glorious pride!

(large version)

Whimsy must've dropped this off for us all!
So along with the first premade, all participants also get this premade!

Let's keep this extravaganza extravaganzanizing!! Just a week left, so shower us all with what you've got to show!!! :D
4 x
Lacerna
Grandmaster - One of but a few.
Grandmaster - One of but a few.
Pronouns: she/her/they/them
Preferred Name: Sammie

Pride

Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:57 am

I have no photos rn but I did officially come out as pan this year to my friends and followers on social media. I was more nervous to post it on Facebook because I have my family on there to where I know they wouldn’t really understand so I only posted it to Instagram first. I got so much support there I decided to post it on Facebook. I got so much overwhelming support that I’m glad I chose this year to say something about it. Every pride month is change my pfp on Facebook to Pan colors but I don’t think anyone really knew what it meant, so yay to finally being *social media publically* out!

Happy pride to all!
6 x
12 . 23 . 19
|| Where Am I? || Toyhou.se || Character Sale ||
Keyz
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:24 pm

Bee Proud pins I made ;3;
They are just so cute!!!

Happy pride everyone!
5 x
Cider
Event Committee
Event Committee

Pride

Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:03 pm

I love those so much! Bees are my favorite
2 x

Locked Previous topicNext topic