Wolfhome Companions! (Closed!)

Looking to get more involved in the community? Community events and get-togethers are added here by the Event Committee, Relations Team and the Administration.
Eventful
Event Planner
Event Planner

Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:37 pm

ImageImage

Welcome to the Wolfhome Companions! This is a non-competitive event focused on showing our appreciation for our pets and companions to the Wolfhome community!

How Do I participate?
To participate, you can create an artwork, poem, video, photograph or creative story around your pets/companions, showing the community why you appreciate them! Think about why they make you happy!

A companion can be:
-an animal/pet
-plants, flowers and rocks
-stuffed animals and plushies

If you have a companion that doesn't fall in any of the above, feel free to write/draw about them to share anyway! All companions and creative styles are welcome to participate in the event!

What's in it for me??
Everybody who participates will get special permission to use this premade made by @foxolotl , and a stamp for Eventful's Treasure Chest!
Stamp: Image

Premade: Large Version here!

If this event gets over 6 participants, everybody who participates will get special permission to use a CUSTOM FORUM FLAIR in addition to use on the forums! This will show everybody that you are a Wolfhome Companion Parent!

Event date
This Event will run from July 1st - July 31st!

ImageImage

Avani
Kaynein
Frezzi
foxolotl
gringo
Artemis
wendigowolf
Zuko
Beebo
Freya
Mongrel
Fik
Kain
Reacher
Lacerna
whimsy

ImageImage

If there are any issues or questions, please feel free to contact the host, foxolotl, or any other Event Committee team member!

red heart and bow divider (c) Gasara on DeviantArt
4 x
Fik
Alpha
Alpha
Preferred Name: Kay
Species: Stress Elemental

Pride

Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:45 pm

Screams time to draw Jake the Dog
3 x
CommissionsFreebsArtCharacters
birdie
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends
Pronouns: sher
Preferred Name: birdie, whimsy, HUSH
Species: idiot

Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:12 pm

HAAHAHHA hope y'all are prepared for the literal most adorable creatures in existence
Gonna put together an album of my rat baybees rn >:3
3 x

| ♓🌙

levity
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Remi.

Pride

Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:29 pm

Oh man it is my mustache'd bastard son's time to shine.
4 x
some memories never leave your bones.
like the salt in the sea; they become part of you.
—and you carry them.
wendigowolf
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Pronouns: anything you want
Preferred Name: Wendi
Species: Timber Wolf

Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:50 am

Hope to get Brutus in on this...we shall see
4 x
nire
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Pronouns: they/them
Preferred Name: rae
Species: vertebrate

Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:05 am

oh i am PUMPED for this
3 x
art topic comms TH TOS 07.05.13 / 08.18.21
Cider
Event Committee
Event Committee
Pronouns: She/Her

Pride

Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:56 am

I have got to feature my chickens in this. Can’t wait to participate and to see everyone’s entries!
3 x

Previously MrFunGuy on chat, now Cider on both.

Avani
Alpha - Head of Event Committee
Alpha - Head of Event Committee
Species: Cross Fox

Pride

Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:54 pm

I am a happy furmommy of two cats, Cleo and Riddick :)
Cleo is 19yrs old and Riddick is going on 3yrs old. His birthday is July 23rd so coming up!
Both of them are considered Special Needs so they keep me busy for sure. But I wouldnt have it any other way.

Cleo was given to me through a friend. She was my co-pilot when I traveled to Florida, Texas, Wisconsin and back to Maryland. She has definitely seen a good amount of the USA :) Though shes retired and enjoying her Golden Years these days. I love you to the moon and back my pretty girl!! <3

Riddick was a rescue. We took him in when he was between 6-8wks old. He was outside, super tiny, and needed medical help. We grabbed his two sisters as well and they were adopted. I cant believe your already turning 3!! My good awesome little boy <3

Both cats have also taken a ride out to Washington and back!
Here they are :)

Cleo
Spoiler! :
Riddick
Spoiler! :
8 x
”Always Keep Fighting” - Jared Padalecki
Check Here for Current Events!!
Teak
Event Committee
Event Committee
Preferred Name: Cass/Cassie
Species: Fox

Pride

Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:37 am

I love both your babies Avani, thank you for sharing! <3
2 x

🐠 🐠 🐠Blub Blub 🐠 🐠 🐠
comms | DA | Betta Fish Fans | Babies

Kaynein
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Pronouns: She/They
Preferred Name: Kay
Species: Nebula fox

Pride

Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:30 pm

I am a fur mama of a spoiled Aussie mix and a pittie/lab who has crossed the rainbow bridge but will forever be in my heart.

Jo -Let's start with my ausshole, Jo. She's Australian Shepherd/Blue Heeler and she's 4 years old. She's currently ESA/SDiT, and loves attention from any and everyone. In her free time, you can see her annoying me for attention while I do classwork, laying on my laptop like a doofus, playing with her toys (they have to be green, that's her favorite color), or just all in all acting like a crackhead :biglol: . She's been my rock these last two years since I lost my boy. She's not one to leave my side, and she knows that when I go somewhere, that back seat is her spot. I rescued her when she was 9 months old and I lived in Georgia. I literally drove 4 hours because I knew I HAD to have my baby girl <3. Since then she's been to Florida, back to Georgia, and all the way to where we are now in Iowa. She's been through hell and back with me, and I wouldn't give her up if my life depended on it.

Oliver - ***Tear-jerker warning*** Now for my boy.. Sadly, I no longer have pictures of him that show him in his prime, but I do have him tattooed on me (pawprint). He lived to be 10 years young, and he's been there for me since I was 11-12 years old. I taught him everything from walking on a leash to fetching a ball, even to knowing not to beg. He was my therapist, my teddy bear. I could sit there and talk to my boy for hours and he'd just lay his head on my lap and look up at me with his old droopy eyes and listen. There were countless nights that I'd cry myself to sleep with my arms wrapped around his neck. He wasn't one for cuddling, but somehow he knew how to the best when it came time. He went through so much in his life. Being the biggest dog we had at the time, he was tortured by small dogs hanging from his face.. he never flinched though. He went through the torture of being poked, pulled, and pinched by 4 different toddlers, but all he'd do is get up and move to a different area of the floor when he'd had enough. He may have been old, but man... If you get a ball? He could play fetch for HOURS and you'd be tired before he was. Anyone who knows me knows my story... And anyone who knows that story knows this boy saved my life. Literally. He was there for me after I lost my mom, and he was the reason I survived a toxic relationship. Unfortunately, that relationship is also why he's no longer with us, but he's still here with me. He was and still is my favorite pet. He was, and still is, my Ollie Boy.

Jo-
Spoiler! :

Oliver-
Spoiler! :
Spoiler! :
6 x
Tú tienes mí amor, bébés. 12.13.2019 || 02.10.2021
You're forever in my heart
07.25.1975-02.15.2017

Fly high on that rainbow bridge, boy.
12.25.2010-04.07.2020
Freya
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Pronouns: she/her
Preferred Name: Freya
Species: dragoness

Pride

Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:31 am

Omfg, I'll be doing something for sure
2 x

━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━

"Show's over, close the curtains
You are not important"

━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━━━━
.。*゚+.*.。 comms | art | chars | trello | TOS .+..。*゚+
Teak
Event Committee
Event Committee
Preferred Name: Cass/Cassie
Species: Fox

Pride

Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:45 am

Thank you so much for sharing @Kaynein, i loved reading about your babies and it brought warmth in my heart 💜
1 x

🐠 🐠 🐠Blub Blub 🐠 🐠 🐠
comms | DA | Betta Fish Fans | Babies

Symi
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Pronouns: It/They
Preferred Name: Symi
Species: Hybrid

Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:46 pm

Yay!
time to draw my Hamster!
2 x

SYMI o SHE/IT/HE o SINGLE o ARTIST
BuggsSprayed
Omega - Newcomer
Omega - Newcomer
Pronouns: She/They

Pride

Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:08 pm

Oh gosh oh gosh

I have two companions~! They're both of my beautiful cats: Demon and Fish.

Demon was named so because when she was a kitten, she'd attack everyone's feet and just be a general nuisance. She's since grown to be a cuddly, fat cat.

Fish was named so because she was originally my brother's. My sister-in-law found her on the side of the road croaking away for someone to rescue her. They surrendered her to me, and I named her Fish because my brother loves fishing. It's also a play on words: "Catfish"
3 x

"I Gave You All I Had. I Did." -Arthur MorganImage

Frezzi
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Pronouns: Thee, thy and thou
Preferred Name: Frezzi?
Species: Wolf

Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:35 pm

Well I suppose I may as well take a shot at this as well...so here goes!
Spoiler! :

My family currently own two dogs, Agnes and Yanki, both of which are purebred riesenschnauzers. They're both great dogs with tons of personality and silly quirks making them special and unique, and even though they both have their minor issues, I still love and adore them both.

Pictures of them both below :)
Spoiler! :
Yanki:

Agnes:

Both, Agnes is the smaller of the two and hugely attached to Yanki:
These are my current dogs, and while they're both a huge part of my everyday life, I'd still like to dedicate the majority of this post to my old dog, Samson.

Samson was my first dog, and as such will always hold a very special place in my heart that no future pet is likely to replace. Samson was a mixed breed between a riesenschnauzer and a labrador, and unlike both my current dogs, we got him from a shelter rather than a dedicated breeder (Fun fact; the shelter we got him from is the same shelter I'm volunteering at now!). Unfortunately, Samson had a rather sad backstory before we claimed him; when we picked him up at the shelter, barely 2 years old, he'd already been with two other families.

He was one of several pups from an accidental litter between a labrador and schnauzer, all of which were handed over to the shelter for adoption. His first family wanted to use him as a hunting dog, but Samson was terrified of gunshots, lightning and just loud noises in general, so they returned him to the shelter. They did however imprint the idea of hunting small critters on him, mostly for the worse...

His second family was, unfortunately, a far less savory ordeal. At this point in time, Samson was growing into his "teenage" years, and as such was very unruly and eager to test the limits of his household. They were woefully unprepared to deal with this, resulting in Samson turning into a restless ball of pent up energy, taking any and all opportunity to unwind. While at his second family, he developed a habit of running away frequently and without warning. His second family eventually returned him to the shelter again, but not before severely affecting his psyche.

While nothing can be undeniably proven, there was very strong evidence that Samson had been abused by his second family; his confidence was completely shattered, he cowered and hid away at the slightest hint of annoyance or anger and one of his canines was badly miscoloured, with the vets concluding that the nerves were dead; they believed the most likely cause was severe blunt trauma, in line with a strong blow from a hard object. When we went to the shelter and saw him, he was being kept in a quiet part of the shelter, completely pressed up against the corner of the outdoor portion of his cage, nervously observing anyone walking by.

There was never any doubt about whether or not we were going to adopt him. We simply couldn't leave him there, scared and broken, hiding away in his corner all day. We'd give him the kind of life all dogs deserve, however difficult it might be and regardless of the challenges we'd have to deal with. But oh boy, was there challenges...

The first few years we had him, he ran away every chance he got. Left the door open while going to collect the mail? Samson just ran off. Forgot to close the gate to the back garden? Samson just ran off. Failed to pay attention for 5 seconds while picking up his poop on a walk? You guessed it, Samson just ran off. The funny thing is though, even though he constantly ran off, he always returned to the spot he started out from. If you just sat down in the spot he ran off from, he'd come right back. It might take 10 minutes, it might take 30, but he'd be back. One thing that made these escape attempts particularly frustrating to deal with though, was the fact he couldn't handle people getting upset at him. If you got upset, he simply shut off and crawled away to the nearest corner, whimpering to himself.

It took us about half a year, if not longer, to finally build up his confidence enough to the point where he didn't cower or shy away constantly, but we got there, and we received one of the most well behaved (save for his escape attempts), cuddly and attached dogs I've ever seen. He never once showed aggression towards humans, he was excellent with children, he was obedient and he got along well with other dogs (well, most other dogs). If you hadn't seen him when we got him, you'd never have thought he'd had such awful owners in the past.

We got to have him for 10 long years, but we sadly had to put him down at the age of 12, after a blood clot in his heart caused him to collapse while on a walk, with his hind legs becoming paralyzed in the process. The vet told us we could extend his life by 6 months, give or take, if we were to give him medication and treatment. We decided it was better to give him rest though, than to keep him alive at the mercy of medication that might fail to be enough at any moment. I sadly didn't get to say my goodbyes, I was at work with my father in his shop during the morning where Samson was was put down.

To this day, 8 years later, the urn with his ashes is still standing on a shelf in my parents house. The idea was originally to bury him in the back garden, but my mother didn't want to have to leave him behind if/when they were to move. I personally like the fact he's "still there" too, even if it's just his ashes.
Spoiler! :
Samson:
3 x
ImageImageImage

At the end of the day, I'd still rather be a lonely wolf than just another sheep in the herd...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic