Wolfhome Lore

Looking to get more involved in the community? Community events and get-togethers are added here by the Event Committee, Relations Team and the Administration.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Eventful
Event Planner
Event Planner

Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:58 pm

Wolfhome has been around since 1999...but how did it get here? Who is the Guardian? The Guardianess?
In honor of Wolfhome's birthday on Halloween, The Event Committee is coming to you to ask you:

Where did Wolfhome come from?

OCTOBER 7th -- OCTOBER 31st

Type up a short fictional story detailing how you believe Wolfhome came to be.

-Can be at least 1 paragraph long to at most 5 paragraphs long
-The more creative, the better!

1st place: 5Δ
2nd place: 2.50Δ
3rd place: 1Δ

By participating, you will also earn a stamp! Image

Any questions or concerns? PM Hocus or any Event Committee Member.
Let your imagination run wild, and have fun!

Font by FontMeme
Moon Divider by ThisPoisonedOne
4 x
GOOSE
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Pronouns: they/he
Preferred Name: august

Pride

Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:15 am

oh this looks awesome hell yeah
1 x

i bet it's nice to breathe
die every year like leaves

Hocus
Event Committee
Event Committee

Pride

Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:31 am

This event is now open!! Can’t wait to read all the entries!
0 x

i was born in the south
sometimes i have a big mouth
when i see something that i don’t like

06 01 18

briar
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:13 pm

If this cannot be counted as an entry I understand LMAO, I did this almost entirely just for fun so it's a wee bit long and I included some imagery for atmosphere

This was also entirely inspired by @Rooster post the contained this specific prompt:
Rooster wrote:1) There is no lore of Wolfhome
2) UD probably likes wolves

Spoiler! :

The sound of dripping water can be heard from deep within the cave, a soft echo and perhaps rushing water.

drip.
drip.

Spoiler! :

You stand at the mouth of the cave, cool air rushing out to greet you with a sigh.
You inhale deeply. Something, though you can't quite place what, is drawing you into the gloom. You can't see more than a few feet into the cavern entrance, and you haven't brought anything to light your way.
You think back to the past few months, how it has all led to this moment. You're sure it can be found here.
At the university you've come to call home, your studies into the mysterious history of your own world have led you to a cave deep in the Willow Marshes, one of the oldest regions in Wolfhome.
Many fellow scholars desperately seek out the knowledge you are now standing on very the precipice of seeing firsthand.
You snap back to the present moment, your cheeks now stinging from the air within the cave. It has turned bitterly cold, harshly biting into your skin like daggers.
You take a deep breath.
You step inside.

drip.
drip.

There is nothing around you that you can see, everything is pitch black darkness and cold.
You are being tested, just as you knew you would be.
You had heard - rumoured in hushed whispers, that the sacred Guardian Shrine would hold a trial for any who dared to find it. This must be the trial they spoke of - utter darkness, and you feel hopelessly lost without a light to guide you.
Suddenly, a blue glow from deeper into the cave begins to light your way. Some divine light guiding your way... you venture deeper into the cave, only to enter a large cavern with a still pool of water, and a statue of the Guardian towering above you.
You had heard rushing water before - but this crystal clear spring is entirely still by some power you cannot determine. The glowing light comes from within, and beckons you.

dive deep.

find the answers you seek.

Spoiler! :

You find yourself, then, beneath the surface. You cannot recall diving in. You open your eyes and despite the sting of the water, you can see clearly to the bottom.
There - down, almost buried - a stone. The stone you seek, you're certain of it. You swim deeper, grasping the stone that has surely been worn down over time. You deftly dislodge the stone slab from the moss and sand covering it,
noting the feeling of words etched into the stone's surface. The stone is light - lighter than anything you've ever lifted, though you feel as though the words upon it hold more weight than you can imagine.
The air is no longer cold as you break the surface of the water, instead you feel a warmth from within yourself. You look up to meet the stone eyes of the Guardian statue, and you swear for just a moment it was alive.
Clambering up and out of the pool, you look down upon the stone, and say a small prayer that you understand the words upon it.

You stand up, shaking. The incredible text you have just read details the destruction of the old world, and the creation of the very world you live in now.
Something within you tells you that this stone - this text should be left behind, for anyone of brave heart to seek on their own.
You collect the stone from the ground, and release it back into the still pool. As it sinks to the bottom, you think for a moment you see something moving towards the entrance of the cave.
A cross fox with glowing orange-yellow eyes blinks once at you before running out of the cavern.

You smile and gather yourself, ready for the journey home.
11 x
grand risings

terms of service
Cider
Event Committee
Event Committee
Pronouns: She/Her

Pride

Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:16 pm

Oh my gosh Briar that was incredible haha
0 x

Previously MrFunGuy on chat, now Cider on both.

Hocus
Event Committee
Event Committee

Pride

Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:19 pm

briar that was better than i could have ever imagined lol its giving moon lake vibes
0 x

i was born in the south
sometimes i have a big mouth
when i see something that i don’t like

06 01 18

Rooster
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Pronouns: She/They/Them
Species: Lupus Gallus

Pride

Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:56 pm