Just some advice on drawing poses!

Your one-stop spot for art resources. These are related resources vary from general art tutorials to Wolfhome-related art tutorials (such as how to make a pose).
Carousel
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:04 pm

There are a couple things I have to say: first...

PROGRAMS USED FOR ARTING!

PHOTOSHOP
Okay, so I learned the hard way not to use Photoshop to draw, BUT ONLY FOR COLORING.
Drawing in Photoshop, at least for me, made it harder to draw, made my art ugly and pixely, and just not smooth at all.

INSTEAD, USE ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR OR ANY ILLUSTRATOR PROGRAM!

This made my art go from this:
Spoiler! :

To this:
Spoiler! :

I was amazed at the improvement, and hopefully, you will be too, because it really helps you meet your potential. The program feels more like drawing on paper than Photoshop does which is extremely helpful!

Second of all...

DRAWING TECHNIQUE/STYLE

Remember, everyone has their own way of drawing. You need to find what you're most comfortable with. For example, you may be really bad at drawing realistically, so start off by drawing cartoons or the other way around. Be sure to challenge yourself later on though and try something you're bad at. If you do that, than who knows! Maybe you won't be bad at it anymore!

AND IF YOU DON'T HAVE A TABLET

1. Draw your pose on paper.
2. Scan or take a picture of it.
3. Email or text it to yourself to get it into your computer.
4. Trace it in Adobe Illustrator.
5. Color and shade it in Photoshop!

If you want any extra help with your art, or even if you've never drawn a pose before and want to learn, PM me and I'll see what I can do for you! :grin:
0 x

(Chat: Carousel)

Proud co-owner of the Shamu Squad.

~ Deviant Art ~

~ CURRENTLY INACTIVE ~

• Information