SAI ---> Photoshop?

Your one-stop spot for art resources. These are related resources vary from general art tutorials to Wolfhome-related art tutorials (such as how to make a pose).
Dee
Mushroom, Mushroom!
Mushroom, Mushroom!

Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:41 pm

Hey wolfhomies!

I just recently purchased a copy of Adobe Photoshop, and I've been a long term user of Paint Tool SAI. I've tried a couple of sketches in photoshop, have tried some shading, and even some backgrounds. But I always find myself switching back to SAI because it's my comfort-zone. I want to escape my comfort zone and become well-versed in both programs!

I'm looking for help/tutorials/advice from artists who have made the successful transfer from SAI to Photoshop. What brushes should I try out? How about layers?
Could anyone link me any tutorial videos that they have found useful in learning Photoshop? It's so BIG and I'm really overwhelmed!

Anything is SUPER appreciated! And if you, yourself, want to post your speedpaints - I will watch them!
(& If this is the wrong section of the forums to post this in, I am sorry!)

Thank you all!
0 x

DeviantArt x TOS x Art Gallery
Used to be Chellow. Dee on chats and forums.

JauMaruyama
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Species: Hybrid

Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:42 pm

Here is a wonderful artist that has AWSOME tutorials for cheap!

https://gumroad.com/sakimichan

I have bought alot of her video tuts and she is very detailed and shows you what she dose and also provides files for referencing :)
Shes more on the human side but its a start!
1 x
Image (c) me Not free

please come check out artist corner!!!!!
GREAT DEALS ON MY PREAMADES AND SOON MY POSES FOR MAKING AN ACCOUNT AND POSTING!!!

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Artists_cor ... hp?act=idx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ronan
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer

Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:07 pm

the big issue i had moving from photoshop to sai, then sai to photoshop, was that photoshop lacked a stabilizer for my lines... really sucked so i switched back to sai ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ i still use photoshop from time to time though
1 x

previously known as saliva
characterstoscommissions

Dee
Mushroom, Mushroom!
Mushroom, Mushroom!

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:05 am

@JauMaruyama I just looked at that webpage you showed me, and honestly, I could learn a LOT from that artist! I just need to decide if I’m willing to pay for it... lmao :S

And @ronan is there any way I could add a stabilizer to Photoshop? Because I like sketching in SAI more than sketching in Photoshop (I feel that my tablet pen flows much nicer in SAI), but if I could get the same... settings? I guess? In Photoshop that I have in SAI, I would make the complete switch.
0 x

Dee
Mushroom, Mushroom!
Mushroom, Mushroom!

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:06 am

Oop double post sorry!
Last edited by Dee on Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Dee
Mushroom, Mushroom!
Mushroom, Mushroom!

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:06 am

ooo double post sorry
0 x

JauMaruyama
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Species: Hybrid

Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:03 am

To be honest her prices are awesome compared to most artists that don't even offer a voice over video. xD
I have the same problem I mainly work in SAI and I have a hard time switching between cause shading is so much easier in SAI vs, PS. LOL
But photoshop also has a higher quality and offers better brushes.

Chellow wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:05 am
@JauMaruyama I just looked at that webpage you showed me, and honestly, I could learn a LOT from that artist! I just need to decide if I’m willing to pay for it... lmao :S

And @ronan is there any way I could add a stabilizer to Photoshop? Because I like sketching in SAI more than sketching in Photoshop (I feel that my tablet pen flows much nicer in SAI), but if I could get the same... settings? I guess? In Photoshop that I have in SAI, I would make the complete switch.
0 x
Image (c) me Not free

please come check out artist corner!!!!!
GREAT DEALS ON MY PREAMADES AND SOON MY POSES FOR MAKING AN ACCOUNT AND POSTING!!!

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Artists_cor ... hp?act=idx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ronan

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:50 pm

there are some stabilizers out there for ps, yeah! there are none for mac though, so theyre all limited to windows
0 x

previously known as saliva
characterstoscommissions

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information