Procreate pose making tutorials?

Your one-stop spot for art resources. These are related resources vary from general art tutorials to Wolfhome-related art tutorials (such as how to make a pose).
katlypso
Wolfhome Newborn
Wolfhome Newborn
Pronouns: she/they
Species: dog

It's been years since I've been in the community. I went through a few extremely hard years and I'm finally coming back. I would love to offer pose coloring and art trades but I was used to using GIMP. I feel completely lost on procreate but it's the program I'm using now the most as I get back into art. I'm extremely rusty.

Can anyone recommend some tutorials for procreate? Cleaning up sketches, greyscaling, any tips or tricks!
Neffiie
Studying Apprentice
Studying Apprentice
Pronouns: She/her
Preferred Name: Elliott

heres how i do poses!

THIS IS IMAGE HEAVY!
Spoiler! :

1st draw whatever you want, any type of pose!

2 your going to select your LINEART LAYER and click the automatic selection tool, you might have to drag your pen incase there lines that arent connecting. This works easier for me since I am a very messy color-type person!
then your going to erase your color layer and erase all the icky "loose pixels" I also take the background layer off sometimes as shown. It gives it the transparent effect.

If you are using a textured brush like me, unfortunately I have not found an easier way to get ALL the loose pixels so i erase them myself.

So i merge all my layers together and duplicate the pose its on and take the old pose size charts and do it on the same canvas. if you do it on a different one the quality lowers even more and its super frustrating.

After that I drag that new resized layer and my a new canvas (hold down the layer, and drag it outside of the canvas to the gallery button and then place it between some old drawings or whatever) then i crop the canvas since it will still be the original canvase' size
Image (zoomed in just to make sure theres no extra gaps and its a decent size for it)

I take that background layer off one more time

and i send it through discord to my alt account and flip it for the uploader.

I havent had a pose be sent back to me yet but this is what it looks like in chat, sometimes they can be a little bit bigger than wanted to i'd size down a bit just to make sure.
I hope this helps you!!
ImageImage
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic