question about reselling characters

This section is for posting questions regarding Wolfhome, workings or details, or simply needing to contact one of the administration. Bans or warnings given, whether temporary or permanent, will NOT be discussed, and topics containing such material will be immediately deleted.
Baby
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:42 pm

hello! (i don't think i'm posting in the right place) i haven't been on wolfhome or the forum for a few years now and i have mean meaning to sell two of my characters. it's been a very long time and i'm drawing a blank to the steps i need to take in selling them. i've also never sold a character before. do i have to contact the artist i bought the designs from? what about their art? and what do i have to do about premades?
0 x
not all who wander are lost
baby on chats
Alpen
Leader of the Nerds
Leader of the Nerds
Pronouns: she/her

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:47 pm

Can’t transfer permissions on premades
I would contact the artist of the character and the artist of all of the art for permissions
0 x
fall premades
I’m not someone that you'd come looking for
I’m just somebody you found
12/7/15-12/17/17
Forester
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:09 pm

Depends on who created the character because with some designs you don't have to message the artist, you can search their user here:
http://forum.wolfhome.com/viewforum.php?f=99

If you can't find their user then yeah contacting them would be a safe bet! It's the same with the art, search for the artist's ToS and if they require you to contact them then you should
0 x
And if you're still breathing, you're the lucky ones
'Cause most of us are heaving through corrupted lungs
Setting fire to our insides for fun
Collecting names of the lovers that went wrong

Previously Fortune

FA
Tau
Alpha
Alpha
Species: Meat Popsicle

Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:24 am

What was stated above is correct!

You will need to see if you can find the artist's TOS via this link (provided above also):
viewforum.php?f=99

If they have a TOS and the TOS states you can sell a character they created, or include artwork of a character they created, without contacting them then you're good to go.
If the TOS states they need contacted to obtain permissions then you will need to reach out to them and obtain permissions from them first before placing the character and/or artwork up for sale.

Premade poses can not be included in a character sale as permissions can not be transferred to another person.
Same goes for free poses, they can not be included in a character sale.

If you have any further questions please do let us know by either responding here or reaching out to any ART admin; list of ART admins can be seen here:
memberlist.php?mode=group&g=10
0 x
Characters | Commissions | Premades | TOS
Previously known as Bedagi.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic