restoring original file size? (answered)

This section is for posting questions regarding Wolfhome, workings or details, or simply needing to contact one of the administration. Bans or warnings given, whether temporary or permanent, will NOT be discussed, and topics containing such material will be immediately deleted.
Apostle
Relations Team
Relations Team

Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:47 pm

i was gonna help user Elara sell her chara on the forums but it seems the character she's trying to sell is reallllyyyy messed up

Elara: ooo yes! one thing though the ref card is so old its blurry.
Apostle: i need to check that out. i have dA but never use it
Elara: but you can see it somewhat ;_;
Apostle: ooo maybe i could sharpen it a bit on sai and save as .png or something :o
Elara: https://imgur.com/nevGniJ
Apostle: oh heck i see what you mean
Elara: mhmm hhkugnim
Apostle: was that the original?
Apostle: i mean prolly not asdfghj but i wonder who resized it @_@
Elara: yess
Elara: maybe it is maybe not .. i mean ive had her for years ;_;
Apostle: i can't imagine someone working on a canvas that small so i'm guessing it was resized for a link or something and that just became the sheet passed down
Apostle: i'll ask the forum peeps for advice
Elara: which this pose can also be advertised with it so that'll help also

was this file just saved incorrectly or was it resized? i'm not sure how these things happen unless you're working on a small canvas lmao. it is one of those things where they'll have to try to find the original sized file?
0 x
"Happiness is amazing. It's so amazing, it doesn't matter if it's yours or not."
Reacher
Event Committee
Event Committee

Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:04 pm

Hey <3 so I know I can’t answer on behalf of the administration BUT as an artist I can tell ya what I’m thinking.

So, it looks like either the reference was blown up too large and saved, or they just did something funky to it. Unfortunately, the only thing I believe she can do is to find the original file ):

Also, just wanted to give you a little heads up, you said you were gonna help your friend sell it on the forums? Do you mean post on their behalf? If that’s what you meant, I believe it falls under the “third party selling” rule, which states you cannot sell on someone else’s behalf ):
ALTHOUGH. I’m not fully clear on if this counts as characters as well (I know it does with art services) so you may want to double check with an admin on that one
0 x
Apostle
Relations Team
Relations Team

Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:03 pm

yeah i'll let them know their best bet is the original file or remake!
Reacher wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:04 pm
I believe it falls under the “third party selling” rule, which states you cannot sell on someone else’s behalf ):
oh yikes i didn't know this, thanks for informing me! i feel like i've helped friends in the past (no account or lost password) with no issues. i'll double check on that!
1 x
"Happiness is amazing. It's so amazing, it doesn't matter if it's yours or not."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic