Admin activity/Admin concerns?

This section is for posting questions regarding Wolfhome, workings or details, or simply needing to contact one of the administration. Bans or warnings given, whether temporary or permanent, will NOT be discussed, and topics containing such material will be immediately deleted.
Echelon
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Species: Dark Angel.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:26 am

Not trying to sound rude or anything but why has admin activity on chat (not forum) been so poor lately? There is currently 70 users online and no admin. There hasn't been one on for about two hours now. If this happened during the week, it'd make make more sense and I'd be more lenient (tbh tho there isn't that many users online during the week at this time cause of school/work) but it's the weekend.. I feel like there should be someone, if not a few admins online. It being a weekend is more of a reason for an admin to be online.

EDIT: Actually as I made this post someone got online, but like I said. There's been a fair amount of users on for a while and there hasn't been an admin for about two hours.

EDITv2: Went ahead and added "Admin concerns" to the topic title because this topic has branched off into a number of different issues that users seem to be having with the administration. This is totally fine! I just figured I'd change the topic title as well so users don't feel obliged to only post regarding activity.
0 x

Show me the world that's inside your head,
Tell me your secrets of life and death.

Replies to artwork done for me are in progress, I PROMISE.
Tell me stuff on anon
moonmoon
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:41 am

this ^^^

I live in a wayyyyy different timezone than most people and I can still say that there isn't much activity from the administration
0 x
I have an assistant.

If you've commissioned me, contact me at: @warrphy#3509 on discord or warrphy@da
[/center]
Tart
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:45 am

I'm going to agree;
but I'm biased at the moment because I have a semi serious issue that needs to be resolved
0 x
desmond

Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:53 am

yeah u guys got like... 30 or so admins or smth but
every time i'm on i see
one? two at most? on and active.

then like 3-4 on off-duty.
or in private rooms.

but i mean hey.
tyrant children are cool too.
0 x
>> hey you got that voodoo. who do? you do. <<
Aeolia
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:54 am

I see where you are coming from, though things do pop up from allowing members of the Administration to log into chat (schedules, plans, events, school, work, vacations). It is something that we are trying to work on to improve, especially since we have a large enough team to be able to make it work.

Though unfortunately, real life activities / responsibilities sometimes do take a toll on our ability to keep chat covered at all times.
0 x
Collide
Leader of the Nerds
Leader of the Nerds
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Kristin
Species: Red Fox/Raccoon

Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:57 am

gives my two cents. don't hurt me

are there team members from different time zones? maybe focus more on people who can be on during specific times
put in the applications or the questions asking what their time zone is and when they're 90% sure they can be online during the day and then have multiple people for that time slot that way at least one person is online
have like 3-5 people covered for one time that way at least one can show up when an administrator is needed
0 x
I’m going to change you like a remix
Then I’ll raise you like a phoenix
Tart
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:58 am

I understand that this is volunteer based and it's added responsibility to the lives of our administrators who are just our day to day average people, but the state of the chat's 'ecosystem' can become unbalanced.

Maybe the chat needs more admins or just better scheduled shifts and whatnot? I'm really not sure how it works anymore tbh and really don't mean to offend anyone
0 x
Echelon

Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:58 am

There's already 'late hours' that almost never get covered but there isn't many users on so it's not a problem that often (although sometimes there is an issue and there's no admin so all we can do is send in logs) but like I said, it's the weekend. It's currently late morning/early afternoon for most admins in the US and it's late afternoon/evening for admins in the UK.

I can deal with no admin being on during the 'late hours' but with what time it is now and the past two hours? It just doesn;t cut it. I do not believe that every admin on Wolfhome has something happening in real life, or whatever else to prevent them from being online. Like I said, I understand the late hours, but not these past two hours on a weekend. That's just not acceptable, imo.
0 x

Tell me stuff on anon
Collide
Leader of the Nerds
Leader of the Nerds
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Kristin
Species: Red Fox/Raccoon

Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:59 am

ech is spot on tbh
0 x
I’m going to change you like a remix
Then I’ll raise you like a phoenix
Totem
Pronouns: She/her
Preferred Name: Haley
Species: Coyote

Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:04 pm

Collide wrote:ech is spot on tbh
0 x
06/28/17
Previously Epilepsy
Aeolia
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:09 pm

I'm in europe, so I *usually* can cover some of the "late" shifts with a couple others that are usually on. though the last month has been extremely difficult for me to find time to log into chat, or a moment of peace. For my inactivity, I would like to apologize. I will try to keep you guys more up to date if that would help?

As for the others, I know some people sleep in fairly late, or have errands to do on the weekend or part time jobs, assignments/homework, etc. I can't speak for them but I can for myself. Being on during the evenings for me is unusual, but I will try my best to improve my weekend activity.
0 x
Clovette
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Heather
Species: Human

Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:10 pm

I can't really speak for anyone else on the team, but I know there are a few busy with RL stuff. Personally I am always gone this time on Sundays to my gma's, and I have school and a full time job so I might seem a little inactive lately. ): I'm sorry about that.

However, I would like to state that we're aware that our activity is lacking as of late and that we do usually let each other know when we have to go offline so that others can jump on if available. The problem is availability, though we're actively trying to improve this. I'll post this topic in the Admin forums.
0 x
🐈
Ragana
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends
Species: Silver Fox

Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:19 pm

I normally pop on during Weekends, for the majority of the day. My apologies on being away. I have been working on a show these past three weekends which has left me unavailable for my normal schedule. This weekend in particular has been rough as it is the final show weekend and includes about 5x the normal work. But then it's done and I'll be around more like usual! I try to post in the "General Absences" so the public on the Forums is aware as well.

This will be discussed and acknowledged. Thank you for understanding that we can become busier at certain times and that this is indeed a volunteer based position, but that shouldn't have to effect the quality of the site.
0 x
Furry | Hufflepuff | Bird Nerd | Taken
Community Outreach
Fursona: Ragana
9•5•2009
Echelon

Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:21 pm

I'm not trying to place specific blame on any admin. I actually know you, Aeolia, get online when it's night time for me (which is when it's really early morning for the US) and it's actually refreshing to have an admin on sometimes during those hours. Even though there aren't many users online during those times, sometimes there is still an issue and it sucks to only have the option of sending in logs (and technically someone can't ignore said person, because someone has to be able to send in logs and you can't do that if you ignore the person).

I'm just trying to emphasize that over the past few weeks I have noticed a massive decline in admin activity and it's not just during the 'late hours'. It's very off putting and I find it very poor for a chat that has 25+ admins. This sort of thing shouldn't happen and IF it does, it shouldn't be often.

Also, I find it bothersome that so many admins are active on the forum but never seem to get on chat. I understand that being an admin is volunteer work but you agree to do the job, no one forces you. And that job includes both the forum and the chat, not one or the other. Now, I KNOW that some get on the forum from their phone when they're out and about or on their lunch break at work, etc. (and obviously you can't get on chat from your device) but I also know this isn't the case all the time. I know that some admins just never get on chat simply because they choose not to and that's an issue. I feel like admins need to step up their game in a lot of aspects but this is big one as well.

I'm glad to hear that you all seem to know that activity has been an issue as of late and you are trying to improve it. I really do hope it improves soon and that you all work out a solid system that can help with this kind of thing.
0 x

Tell me stuff on anon
Clovette
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Heather
Species: Human

Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:30 pm

If you have any suggestions on how we could better improve our service, please let us know. We try to come up with ways to fix issues we are having but sometimes it's hard because we don't have an outside view on the matter. That and sometimes ideas just don't work out in practice. We also have this if anyone is interested: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=113582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0 x
🐈
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic