16/15 room with no admin

This section is for posting questions regarding Wolfhome, workings or details, or simply needing to contact one of the administration. Bans or warnings given, whether temporary or permanent, will NOT be discussed, and topics containing such material will be immediately deleted.
Carcharias
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends
Pronouns: she/her
Preferred Name: Allison

Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:52 am

I briefly checked to see if there were any other topics about this so if there is, I apologize.

But I'm noticing that on the map it says a particular room I want to get into is open, as the little green dot next to it implies. But when I go to the mysts, the room is 16/15 members full.

Is this a known problem and is it being worked on?
0 x
Echelon
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Species: Dark Angel.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:02 am

It's not a room glitch, it's a mysts bug from when the server resets/refreshes every Monday. Basically anyone on at the time of reset, their names get stuck in the mysts until they refresh again.. Then their name will properly appear in the mysts and if they get online it was also disappear (as it should). But if someone doesn't come back online after the server refresh, their name gets stuck even though they aren't actually in the room.

It's been happening for a fair while now and a little while ago UD actually had to come on and fix the mysts because it was showing as 21/15 or something. I think he thought he fixed the issue for good, but the following week like clockwork, when the server reset/refreshed on Monday the mysts bug was back. It only started ever since the server move. It seems a lot of stuff broke with the server move and who knows when it'll be fixed. Kind of annoying tbh, as a paying user I feel like these things should be fixed but it's been literally months since the server move and there's been no updates or anything.
0 x

Show me the world that's inside your head,
Tell me your secrets of life and death.

Replies to artwork done for me are in progress, I PROMISE.
Tell me stuff on anon
Inzi
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:04 am

i'm sorry if this is the wrong section, but i'm curious to see why or how this bug can be fixed perhaps?

for a couple of days already i've noticed a person called "alessandro" in wilderness RP, though when I enter the room; there's no one.
At first I thought perhaps this is someone who's ignored me, but I can sniff Alessandro.
So perhaps it was just something wtih this person's account?
Spoiler! :

but then today i wanted to join my friend in moonlight cave, but when i enter there's no one either? and when i sniff them it says
they're offline too. ;o;
Spoiler! :

i was curious, sorry if it isn't my place to say such things or anything. :]
0 x

on a break.
for anyone trying to find me, my discord: iinzi#2963
moonmoon
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:13 am

I'm pretty sure its completely okay and even encouraged to post bugs here!!!!!!!

I've actually noticed a similar thing today; on another chat the mysts were completely empty, though the dots on the map were green. When I entered, there were people in the room but they weren't appearing in the mysts.
0 x
I have an assistant.

If you've commissioned me, contact me at: @warrphy#3509 on discord or warrphy@da
[/center]
Amable
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Species: Heinz 57

Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:11 am

Has anyone emailed UD yet? maybe letting him know this is still going on? seems like an easy fix O_o
0 x
Click For Reference Sheets
Inzi
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:51 pm

Sounds so weird!

Curious to see if this is being fixed? cause my friend's account is still in the mysts, or atleast it says so. (':
0 x

on a break.
Takatia
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE
Species: Fox

Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:54 pm

Merged since these are about the same issue. UD has been informed, but it is an ongoing issue.
0 x
There I find you marked in constellation
There isn't ceiling in our garden

Inzi
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:59 pm

Seems like a total different issue to me though? But thanks! :]

i'm a butt, i didn't read your comment, sorry!
0 x

on a break.
goth
Omniscient
Omniscient

Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:39 pm

how is this even possible
0 x
sora
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends
Pronouns: he/it
Preferred Name: puppet

Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:41 pm

It's a counting error/glitch that's been happening on and off since the server move.
0 x
#REDinstead
goth
Omniscient
Omniscient

Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:45 pm

so its just a glitch that lets 16 people in the room ? cuz i did count 16
0 x
sora
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends
Pronouns: he/it
Preferred Name: puppet

Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:49 pm

Usually there's not actually 16 in the room, it says someone is online that isn't.
If that's not it, I'm not sure. But the counting error was happening for a while.
( There was time when it said Bonsai was online & on duty on chat and she wasn't, it was like 3 A.M. where she was. )
0 x
#REDinstead
Tau
Alpha
Alpha
Species: Meat Popsicle

Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:29 pm

Peter is correct. Sadly it's a glitch that was never fixed and pops up every once in a while. It's been brought up but is sort of low on the totem pole of fixes that the chat has to implement since it's not a major concern really.
0 x
Characters | Commissions | Premades | TOS
Previously known as Bedagi.
Takatia
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE
Species: Fox

Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:34 pm

Merged with the other thread regarding this issue. I did email UD in late June, and a few times before that, regarding this issue. But it has yet to be resolved. I'll bring it up to him again today through another email. Sorry for the inconvenience, this has been an issue since the server move. Please feel free to utilize this thread if there is any more regarding this issue you would like to be heard by Underdog. I'll also hold off on emailing UD until tonight to account for those posts.
0 x
There I find you marked in constellation
There isn't ceiling in our garden

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic