Chatlands being revoked...?

This section is for posting questions regarding Wolfhome, workings or details, or simply needing to contact one of the administration. Bans or warnings given, whether temporary or permanent, will NOT be discussed, and topics containing such material will be immediately deleted.
Zuko
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Pronouns: They/Them
Preferred Name: Grayson
Species: Red fox

Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:44 pm

Takatia wrote:I understand where you are coming from, but if people are told that someone is going to look into their legality, they would probably try to cover their tracks. A food inspector doesn't announce that they've come, you just have to always anticipate it by following protocol.
Maybe just a, "Hey everyone, I've taken on someone named Duke, so if you see any weird or questionable changes, don't worry about it, I know what is going on."

And actually in the places I've worked, you get notice about food inspectors. That's why they were able to cover up any mishaps, lmao.
0 x
Dusedi
Grandmaster - One of but a few.
Pronouns: she
Preferred Name: jamie
Species: dragon

Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:48 pm

i don't really think there's any need to debate/argue about this; takatia said what's been asked and such and ultimately it's underdog's decision weather he wants to announce that or not, plus what's done is done i guess. im sorry to intrude ahh : (
0 x
┏┅┅┅┅┅┅╭╮┅┅┅┅┅┅┓
full steam through the setbacks
you can't win 'em all,
but i'm proud i tried
┗┅┅┅┅┅┅╰
╯┅┅┅┅┅┅┛
Zuko

Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:49 pm

Dusedi wrote:i don't really think there's any need to debate/argue about this; takatia said what's been asked and such and ultimately it's underdog's decision weather he wants to announce that or not, plus what's done is done i guess. im sorry to intrude ahh : (
Im not debating or arguing, I'm just showing what would have been better. Anyway, there's nothing wrong with debating.
0 x
Totem
Pronouns: She/her
Preferred Name: Haley
Species: Coyote

Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:51 pm

Dusedi wrote:i don't really think there's any need to debate/argue about this; takatia said what's been asked and such and ultimately it's underdog's decision weather he wants to announce that or not, plus what's done is done i guess. im sorry to intrude ahh : (

I agree with this... Underdog likes to do stuff behind the scenes and like Takatia said he he announced it people would be trying to hide stuff and take better care of things etc... It has to be a surprise.

What's done is done there is no reason to keep going on.
0 x
06/28/17
Previously Epilepsy
Larkenox
Pronouns: He
Preferred Name: Ross/Roswell
Species: Android

Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:52 pm

Messi wrote:
Im not debating or arguing, I'm just showing what would have been better. Anyway, there's nothing wrong with debating.
True, there's nothing wrong with debating, but what's the point if what's done is done, and only Underdog can change that? I don't see why it needs to be debated here. If you wanted to debate with some value, bring it up with Underdog? I think what Dusedi was trying to get at is that this question has been answered, and debating it further would get no where

edit
also wht epilepsy said
0 x
Every epoch dreams its successor
Zuko

Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:53 pm

guys just please stop
0 x
Bloodiath
Mushroom, Mushroom!
Mushroom, Mushroom!
Pronouns: He/They
Preferred Name: Bloo/Angel
Species: The Original Cyborg

Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:53 pm

Aaaa I'm sorry I haven't chimed in earlier than this! Yes as Tak and Eb have said, he does have direct communication with UD and the both of them have been working together on this for a few months now. I don't have as much contact with UD, but I do work as Duke's partner, and we've been working really hard on slowly trying to help Chatlands be a safer place. Please note that the sites that have been effected have all been sites in which either very important rules were being broken en masse- OR were shut down by request of the person who was rightfully in control of the site. If you see either of us promoted on a site somewhere please do know that it is always with consent and that, as Tak said, nothing is being hacked. We haven't broadcasted much of what we are doing due to the fact it is honestly quicker and cleaner to get things done without a majority of public attention, but it was inevitable that it was going to be brought up eventually.

If you do have any further questions you are all most definitely welcome to send Duke or I a PM. I cannot promise I can answer everything as its not always my place to and there is still a lot of administrative confidentiality in this. But if you have any concerns about a site at any point, and feel like it needs to be looked into, you are fully welcome to bring it to our attention and we will assess if it is something we can take care of or not.

Edit: and I do completely understand the concerns. They are valid and I understand being a little alarmed at the sudden changes. But yes, everything we do is with good intentions ;v;'
0 x

・゜✭ Rapid Fire? Where's The Drama In That?? ✫・゜
Characters / Prices / Youtube / Glasgow / Bloodiath
Echelon
Species: Dark Angel.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:55 pm

I don't think it's a big deal or not to make it public. I mean, yeah, it'd be nice to know every time action gets taken to make chatlands better as a whole but Duke has been at this for a while now and word has gotten around slowly. I found out about Duke about two months ago now, granted I found out through skype and with some discussion rather than on chat by someone with an admin position. Anyway comparing to a food inspector is a bit of a bad comparison considering the people Duke has been rounding up are essentially criminals, but either way, it's a definite valid reason to keep is secret rather than broadcast to all of chatlands because then people will start being skeptical (even moreso) with the things they've been doing.

It sure would be nice to know that UD has been doing stuff like this and gotten someone to help him but he doesn't announce when he's on chat/forums, in fact his name doesn't even show up in the mysts due to his stealth mode admin position. He doesn't announce every time he's randomly in the server tinkering with things and making the chat lag. It's still good that Messi posted just in case it was a hack but it's been clarified now that it's not a hack or anything of the sort, so it's probably best to move on from it.. Or you know, message Duke for more information - he's the owner of chatland site "Willows" so I'm sure he'd be fine answering some questions.
0 x

Show me the world that's inside your head,
Tell me your secrets of life and death.

Replies to artwork done for me are in progress, I PROMISE.
Tell me stuff on anon
Zuko

Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:55 pm

Bloodiath wrote:Aaaa I'm sorry I haven't chimed in earlier than this! Yes as Tak and Eb have said, he does have direct communication with UD and the both of them have been working together on this for a few months now. I don't have as much contact with UD, but I do work as Duke's partner, and we've been working really hard on slowly trying to help Chatlands be a safer place. Please note that the sites that have been effected have all been sites in which either very important rules were being broken en masse- OR were shut down by request of the person who was rightfully in control of the site. If you see either of us promoted on a site somewhere please do know that it is always with consent and that, as Tak said, nothing is being hacked. We haven't broadcasted much of what we are doing due to the fact it is honestly quicker and cleaner to get things done without a majority of public attention, but it was inevitable that it was going to be brought up eventually.

If you do have any further questions you are all most definitely welcome to send Duke or I a PM. I cannot promise I can answer everything as its not always my place to and there is still a lot of administrative confidentiality in this. But if you have any concerns about a site at any point, and feel like it needs to be looked into, you are fully welcome to bring it to our attention and we will assess if it is something we can take care of or not.

thank you
0 x
Admiral
Beta - Art Review Team
Beta - Art Review Team
Species: Wolfhome Queen

Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:56 pm

I don't think there's anything wrong with questions or comments whatsoever, although I don't think it's something that needs to be debated about on this thread. I think if there's any questions in regards to this happening then we should direct them to UD specifically, since ultimately he'd be the only one to really answer them in depth, not Takatia unless authorized to.

On another note, I am also pleased to see this happening.

EDIT: You guys sure respond quickly, haha. Thank you Bloodiath for your input!
0 x
Life is too short, to not make the most of what you have.
"Don't try and blend in, when you were born to stand out."
Previously known as Affirmed & Bagheera
Links & Important Information
25.12.17 & 17.7.18
Duke
Studying Apprentice
Studying Apprentice

Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:08 pm

Takatia wrote:Duke and Underdog are working on getting sites shut down that violate the Chatlands terms of service, as well as pursing individuals who are breaking some serious rules. Underdog is aware of what Duke is doing. The details of the situation are up to Underdog to reveal or not.

To clear things up, The site administration of certain ranks and higher on the sites that have been revoked were contacted and informed prior to any action being taken.

Shutting sites down as Takatia has stated is due to abuse in one way or an other. which aren't solvable in the current state, and is always a last resort.

We cannot release the details on why sites have been revoked as this would be a violation of the Code of Conduct and their privacy.

If you think a site has been shutdown incorrectly, please feel free to submit a problem ticket here: http://willows.chatlands.com/ticket/newticket.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

include all the information you can, and we will review it, please make sure to use any accounts related to the incident to start the problem ticket, or state who you are within the problem ticket so we can address you properly.

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

EDIT: I'm very slow, this has been cleared up already, ignore me
0 x
Jäger
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Pronouns: He/Him They/Them
Species: Titan

Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:14 pm

Whelpt.
0 x

...It's a disease that takes and it takes and it takes and it takes.

Zuko

Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:18 pm

Duke wrote:
Takatia wrote:Duke and Underdog are working on getting sites shut down that violate the Chatlands terms of service, as well as pursing individuals who are breaking some serious rules. Underdog is aware of what Duke is doing. The details of the situation are up to Underdog to reveal or not.

To clear things up, The site administration of certain ranks and higher on the sites that have been revoked were contacted and informed prior to any action being taken.

Shutting sites down as Takatia has stated is due to abuse in one way or an other. which aren't solvable in the current state, and is always a last resort.

We cannot release the details on why sites have been revoked as this would be a violation of the Code of Conduct and their privacy.

If you think a site has been shutdown incorrectly, please feel free to submit a problem ticket here: http://willows.chatlands.com/ticket/newticket.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

include all the information you can, and we will review it, please make sure to use any accounts related to the incident to start the problem ticket, or state who you are within the problem ticket so we can address you properly.

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

EDIT: I'm very slow, this has been cleared up already, ignore me

Thanks!!
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic