New Chat UI "blinks" me out of the room [New problem]

This section is for posting questions regarding Wolfhome, workings or details, or simply needing to contact one of the administration. Bans or warnings given, whether temporary or permanent, will NOT be discussed, and topics containing such material will be immediately deleted.
Blackfeathr
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Pronouns: AEIOU sometimes Y
Species: Coyote

Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:57 pm

This is kind of borderline Tech Support/Suggestion territory so it is hard to decide which forum to post this issue in.
(however there IS a problem with it so I decided to put it here)

Anyways, I use the new Chat UI to move the scroll/message field to the side of the room so Photoshop doesn't auto-close my panels when I'm working on my laptop that has a tiny screen.

When I enter a room of course it doesn't remember my choice of using the new chat UI so I have to click "New" every time.
It then "blinks" me out of the room (I coined that phrase for lack of a better description of entering for a split second then leaving for another split second then re-entering). Could this chat scroll switch be done seamlessly without requiring a complete reload that forces us to leave and re-enter?

And there is also a problem with its current setup as it is:
If I click "new" while the room loading text is still there it does change to the new UI, the loading text of course appears again, but at the point where the room is supposed to appear, there's just black.
Text is gone, and the "Map" button does not work.
I have crossed over into Wolfhome Purgatory and I have to click "exit" to get out which logs me out and blah blah.

The only way that I can prevent this from happening is wait for the rooms image to start loading then I click the "New" button and it blinks me out and in as normal.

I use Firefox on Windows h8
0 x

Commissions | Premades | ToS
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:07 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll take a look at it and see if I can put something in place that remembers where you were and that doesn't bug out when you switch at the "wrong" time.
0 x

Avatar is from deviant art: http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/m/a/maklods.png?4

(Luigi is TM Nintendo, right? what's up with that?)
Blackfeathr

Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:20 pm

underdog wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. I'll take a look at it and see if I can put something in place that remembers where you were and that doesn't bug out when you switch at the "wrong" time.
Now that grandma has informed me of switching to and from the windows while in chat via the arrow, that is really helpful!

However the problem remains that upon entering a room, it does not remember my preference to use the new UI.
I thought maybe it would only remember preferences for individual rooms, so I entered Frozen Shore, set up new UI (which again, blinks me out), went back to Mysts, then re-entered the room again... Alas, the old chat UI appears. There's no arrow on the old chat UI btw.

I see there are a lot of tick boxes for our preferences on the sniff edit page, which is really handy. Could a preference for the new chat UI be implemented?
There's already tickbox prefs for old/new chat bubbles, old/new map, so how about one for old/new chat scroll? :D
0 x

Blackfeathr

Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:59 pm

UPDATE
The new UI will not open a tab to directly whisper an admin. I click "Report", it takes me to the tab of admins online, I click the admin, but it goes straight back to the normal message field.
0 x

underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:23 am

Just checking in. I am going to try and get the browser to remember the "new UI" state. It's supposed to already be doing that by setting cookies, but apparently that code isn't working.
0 x

Avatar is from deviant art: http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/m/a/maklods.png?4

(Luigi is TM Nintendo, right? what's up with that?)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic