Size discrepancies

This section is for posting questions regarding Wolfhome, workings or details, or simply needing to contact one of the administration. Bans or warnings given, whether temporary or permanent, will NOT be discussed, and topics containing such material will be immediately deleted.
Blackfeathr
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Pronouns: AEIOU sometimes Y
Species: Coyote

Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:02 pm

okay *deep breaths*

I have gone all over hell's half acre to prove I have permission to use this pose by Kannon, having to track her down myself.

Now that I have that all squared away, pose gets rejected again, this time citing that it is too large. I've uploaded this pose not just once, but twice and they have both been accepted as-is.

And yes, at the time of the original uploading, the current size chart standards were in effect. What's the dealio with the inconsistencies in judgement of size? Why is it so wildly arbitrary regarding a pose that I have had accepted multiple times in the past?

I don't want to subject myself to a red-tape secretary-of-state beaurocracy conflict.
I just would like a concrete answer from more than one art staff member... preferably before I have a brain aneurysm.

thanks.
0 x

Clovette
Alpha - Head of Chat Mod. & Training
Preferred Name: Heather
Species: Human

Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:22 pm

I'm not on a computer to properly judge the size right now but I rejected one of them because it was simply too large when I compared its proportions to the proportions of the wolves on the size chart. I will take a closer look when I get on my computer tonight to make sure it wasn't a mistake and to also help you size it correctly. We used to judge pose sizes somewhat based on pixels... Now it is proportions so that every pose is at least similar in size.
0 x

Blackfeathr

Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:37 pm

These poses have been accepted even after the new size chart standards were put in place.
0 x

Clovette

Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:41 pm

I am going to take a look in about an hour when I get on my computer.
0 x

shanirie
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:51 pm

I'm not a Wolfhome admin by any means, but I just snatched up both the chart and full sized pose on my phone and overlayed it, and it looks fine to me both proportionally and by pixel size. Again don't take my word for it but this is how the overlay looks:
These images were both saved at the full sized provided on the Art FAQ, and the link Blackfeathr provided and were not altered in any way except shrinking the whole to fit the forum. To me, it seems as though the pose by Kannon should have been fine as is to upload for use
Last edited by shanirie on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
paradise is a place that's far from home.

Clovette

Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:58 pm

That one is correct.
0 x

Clovette

Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:32 pm

fen wrote:I'm not a Wolfhome admin by any means, but I just snatched up both the chart and full sized pose on my phone and overlayed it, and it looks fine to me both proportionally and by pixel size. Again don't take my word for it but this is how the overlay looks:
These images were both saved at the full sized provided on the Art FAQ, and the link Blackfeathr provided and were not altered in any way except shrinking the whole to fit the forum. To me, it seems as though the pose by Kannon should have been fine as is to upload for use
This is correct but I am unsure how they are unaltered images? That's really strange.

Here is what I have:

The pose was too large. The version on the right is the one that I have resized and is proper size for the chat.
I uploaded it for you since I have already sized it:
ImageImage

I understand that there is a bit of a perspective issue here, but since the paws and the head are at the forefront of the pose, we size them to be the correct size.

If you have anymore questions please let me know.

Edit:
Here is this one as well since I forgot you had two versions.
ImageImage
0 x

shanirie
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:49 pm

That's really odd, it's showing as a different size on both my phone and desktop, I'm not sure if my resolution is making a difference in the size being displayed.
Either way, they're resized now :o
0 x
paradise is a place that's far from home.

Clovette

Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:50 pm

Who knows, it could be. >:
0 x

Blackfeathr

Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:42 pm

hm, forever a mystery~

but hey, at the end of the day, problem solved, and thanks for the resize! Much appreciated :)
0 x

Clovette

Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:48 pm

You're welcome (:
0 x

• Information