Uploading Avatar Error [RESOLVED]

This section is for posting questions regarding Wolfhome, workings or details, or simply needing to contact one of the administration. Bans or warnings given, whether temporary or permanent, will NOT be discussed, and topics containing such material will be immediately deleted.
failwolf
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Pronouns: she / her

Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:05 pm

This has been resolved, thank you!

Screenshots in Spoiler:
Spoiler! :
This is the Share Image option on Imgur. I tried all the links to make sure none of them worked. All of them turned out the response I underlined in yellow:

"The URL you specified is invalid"
__

This is the same image, but hosted through Photobucket. As you can see, it has a different error.

"Image file type mismatch: expected extension jpg but extension png given"
I saving the image as a jpg and uploading that to Photobucket, but it just popped out the first error again.
I never had this issue before, but then again, it's been awhile since I've tried uploading an avatar. If anyone has any idea why this is happening, or any suggestions for a site that works better for image uploading and sharing, I would really appreciate it!
Thanks in advance!
Last edited by failwolf on Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
I'm in and out don't be surprised if I disappear for days

Crybaby
♥╭╮♥

Epilepsy
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Pronouns: She/her
Preferred Name: Haley
Species: Coyote

Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:12 pm

Someone else might be able to explain a bit more, but I know photobucket is doing this thing now where they want people to pay money for 3rd party sharing (sending links of a photo to one another) I guess photobucket they only want for self use now.
0 x
06/28/17

failwolf

Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:25 pm

Epilepsy wrote:Someone else might be able to explain a bit more, but I know photobucket is doing this thing now where they want people to pay money for 3rd party sharing (sending links of a photo to one another) I guess photobucket they only want for self use now.
That. Is. Lame.
I've had PB for ages and used it for everything, it sucks that they want to take the free image sharing away :/

In that case, are there any recommendations for new image sharing websites? I have no idea where to even start on that front
0 x

Crybaby
♥╭╮♥

Rydein
Pronouns: anything
Preferred Name: Lili
Species: human

Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:28 pm

imgur is great for that !
0 x
I'm just waitin' for a wave and I'll drown, Satan letting me down, I just wanna help you see you should run away from me.
—Lil Peep // Gustav Åhr
r.i.p. 1996-2017

Epilepsy
Pronouns: She/her
Preferred Name: Haley
Species: Coyote

Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:28 pm

failwolf wrote:
Epilepsy wrote:Someone else might be able to explain a bit more, but I know photobucket is doing this thing now where they want people to pay money for 3rd party sharing (sending links of a photo to one another) I guess photobucket they only want for self use now.
That. Is. Lame.
I've had PB for ages and used it for everything, it sucks that they want to take the free image sharing away :/

In that case, are there any recommendations for new image sharing websites? I have no idea where to even start on that front
Everyone uses imgur now honestly- make an account and it's similar you can have albums etc less laggy too. Not sure if it'll let you save your images off PB though I haven't tried it.
0 x
06/28/17

failwolf

Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:34 pm

I made an imgur assuming it was PB messing up and it still won't let me upload an avatar. No clue why. I tried every single link. I posted a screenshot under the spoiler. Am I doing something wrong? Like, are those not the right sharing links?
0 x

Crybaby
♥╭╮♥

failwolf

Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:36 pm

You know what that was exactly the issue. I wasn't on the right page for the Direct Link. Thank you both so much for the help!! I feel so silly now.
0 x

Crybaby
♥╭╮♥

Rydein

Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:38 pm

alright, with imgur you have to upload your photo and right click it and click the copy url.
if it the url has a blob: in front of it re-copy the IMAGE url until you have a link like this: http://i.imgur.com/foUSWLY.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
if the problem persists screenshot the problem! PB is requiring users to pay to share photos,

edit(aka me fixing myself before i even post);;;; DO NOT SHARE IT TO PHOTOSHOP, you have the option of copying the image url directly from imgur. do that, photoshop is not what you want to use right now

edit against after the post;;;;;; lmaooo glad you fixed the problem!!
0 x
I'm just waitin' for a wave and I'll drown, Satan letting me down, I just wanna help you see you should run away from me.
—Lil Peep // Gustav Åhr
r.i.p. 1996-2017

failwolf

Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:03 pm

Epilepsy wrote: Everyone uses imgur now honestly- make an account and it's similar you can have albums etc less laggy too. Not sure if it'll let you save your images off PB though I haven't tried it.
you can currently save images from PB to your computer. I guess I should get on moving those images because I'd hate to lose them D:
Rydein wrote:alright, with imgur you have to upload your photo and right click it and click the copy url.
if it the url has a blob: in front of it re-copy the IMAGE url until you have a link like this: http://i.imgur.com/foUSWLY.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
if the problem persists screenshot the problem! PB is requiring users to pay to share photos,

edit(aka me fixing myself before i even post);;;; DO NOT SHARE IT TO PHOTOSHOP, you have the option of copying the image url directly from imgur. do that, photoshop is not what you want to use right now

edit against after the post;;;;;; lmaooo glad you fixed the problem!!
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.
0 x

Crybaby
♥╭╮♥

Rydein

Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:36 pm

If you need any help with that message me whenever and I'll help!
0 x
—Lil Peep // Gustav Åhr
r.i.p. 1996-2017

• Information