New forum bug tracking

This section is for posting questions regarding Wolfhome, workings or details, or simply needing to contact one of the administration. Bans or warnings given, whether temporary or permanent, will NOT be discussed, and topics containing such material will be immediately deleted.
User avatar
Clovette
Omniscient
Omniscient
Posts: 27868
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 1:44 pm
Preferred Name: Heather
Species: Human
Location: Louisville

Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:12 am

Just letting you guys know that I haven't forgotten about any of these things! I have something that I am working on that should solve some of the problems, but it requires me to be home so I won't be able to until late December.

Other than that, I haven't found any solutions for the PM problem. ):
0 x
🐈
User avatar
Blackfeathr
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Posts: 8199
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:29 pm
Gender: Female/Genderqueer
Pronouns: AEIOU sometimes Y
Species: Coyote
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Contact:

Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:26 pm

H'okay so I've been having an annoying problem with PMs: when I want to reply to someone's PM or even compose a new one, there's already stuff in the title and message field; namely, it's the content of the last PM I sent out. I don't know why it's saving that history. I have no drafts, and I have cleared forum cookies, but the problem still persists.
2 x
User avatar
Tau
Alpha
Alpha
Posts: 25231
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:32 pm
Species: Meat Popsicle

Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:52 pm

Blackfeathr wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:26 pm
H'okay so I've been having an annoying problem with PMs: when I want to reply to someone's PM or even compose a new one, there's already stuff in the title and message field; namely, it's the content of the last PM I sent out. I don't know why it's saving that history. I have no drafts, and I have cleared forum cookies, but the problem still persists.
Do you happen to have multiple tabs open for the WHF by chance at that time?
0 x
Image
Characters | Commissions | Premades | TOS
Previously known as Bedagi.
User avatar
Aurocard
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Posts: 3826
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:52 pm
Gender: Female
Pronouns: she/her, derp/dork
Preferred Name: Auro/Aurocard
Species: Squolf
Location: Behind the couch, with Jesus

Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:52 pm

Bedagi wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:52 pm
Blackfeathr wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:26 pm
H'okay so I've been having an annoying problem with PMs: when I want to reply to someone's PM or even compose a new one, there's already stuff in the title and message field; namely, it's the content of the last PM I sent out. I don't know why it's saving that history. I have no drafts, and I have cleared forum cookies, but the problem still persists.
Do you happen to have multiple tabs open for the WHF by chance at that time?
Mhmnnn From what I understand, if multiple tabs with the forum are open, and a draft saves, that draft will appear in PMs. Why? I have no idea ;_;.

Best bet is to leave that one window where you're typing the PM in open, and to close any other tabs you may not need. At least until we can figure out why it's doing that.
0 x
User avatar
Blackfeathr
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Posts: 8199
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:29 pm
Gender: Female/Genderqueer
Pronouns: AEIOU sometimes Y
Species: Coyote
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Contact:

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:39 pm

Aurocard wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:52 pm
Bedagi wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:52 pm
Blackfeathr wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:26 pm
H'okay so I've been having an annoying problem with PMs: when I want to reply to someone's PM or even compose a new one, there's already stuff in the title and message field; namely, it's the content of the last PM I sent out. I don't know why it's saving that history. I have no drafts, and I have cleared forum cookies, but the problem still persists.
Do you happen to have multiple tabs open for the WHF by chance at that time?
Mhmnnn From what I understand, if multiple tabs with the forum are open, and a draft saves, that draft will appear in PMs. Why? I have no idea ;_;.

Best bet is to leave that one window where you're typing the PM in open, and to close any other tabs you may not need. At least until we can figure out why it's doing that.
Sometimes I do, yeah. But with the latest occurrence I only had one tab open.

I'll keep that in mind though, thanks :)
0 x
User avatar
Fik
Alpha
Alpha
Posts: 19452
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 11:30 pm
Gender: whatever
Preferred Name: KT
Species: Stress Elemental
Location: Otego

Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:36 pm

I believe it's the auto draft save feature. This happens pretty often if you leave a pm open for a long period of time.

It actually happens to me with posting on threads more often than not.
0 x
Art | Premades | Commissions | Sarahah | Characters
I'm addicted to you.
Don't you know that you're toxic?
User avatar
Grim
Omniscient
Omniscient
Posts: 28016
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:46 pm
Gender: Female
Location: North Carolina, USA

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:00 am

Edit: This resolved itself, nvm!
0 x
do you walk in the valley of kings?
do you walk in the shadow of men who sold their lives to a dream?
do you ponder the manner of things
in the dark
the dark, the dark, the dark
User avatar
scorpio
IT'S OVER 9000!
IT'S OVER 9000!
Posts: 9051
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:32 am
Gender:
Location: VA

Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:53 pm

recently i’ve been randomly getting logged out on mobile, usually when i click on a topic or go to post a reply or something
0 x
neither here nor there
User avatar
Reacher
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Posts: 8438
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:57 pm
Location: Canada

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:25 pm

scorpio wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:53 pm
recently i’ve been randomly getting logged out on mobile, usually when i click on a topic or go to post a reply or something
Does this happen with any other websites? It could be something to do with cookies.
0 x
Image

Always work hard, never give up.| Wolfhome Community Outreach
User avatar
scorpio
IT'S OVER 9000!
IT'S OVER 9000!
Posts: 9051
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:32 am
Gender:
Location: VA

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:37 pm

Reacher wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:25 pm
scorpio wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:53 pm
recently i’ve been randomly getting logged out on mobile, usually when i click on a topic or go to post a reply or something
Does this happen with any other websites? It could be something to do with cookies.
not to my knowledge, but i will test the theory out and maybe clear my cache and some other stuff and see if that helps. thank you!
1 x
neither here nor there
User avatar
Aurocard
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Posts: 3826
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:52 pm
Gender: Female
Pronouns: she/her, derp/dork
Preferred Name: Auro/Aurocard
Species: Squolf
Location: Behind the couch, with Jesus

Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:43 am

scorpio wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:53 pm
recently i’ve been randomly getting logged out on mobile, usually when i click on a topic or go to post a reply or something
Hello!

What phone and what browser are you using as well? :)
0 x
User avatar
scorpio
IT'S OVER 9000!
IT'S OVER 9000!
Posts: 9051
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:32 am
Gender:
Location: VA

Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:26 am

Aurocard wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:43 am
scorpio wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:53 pm
recently i’ve been randomly getting logged out on mobile, usually when i click on a topic or go to post a reply or something
Hello!

What phone and what browser are you using as well? :)
i’m using an iphone 8 & just the regular ‘safari’ browser by apple :)
0 x
neither here nor there
User avatar
Fik
Alpha
Alpha
Posts: 19452
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 11:30 pm
Gender: whatever
Preferred Name: KT
Species: Stress Elemental
Location: Otego

Tue May 08, 2018 7:25 pm

I'm tentatively excited to say that the email notification system may now be working appropriately! I've tested it, and I got a notification right away, so please post here if you are still having issues with this!
2 x
Art | Premades | Commissions | Sarahah | Characters
I'm addicted to you.
Don't you know that you're toxic?
User avatar
winchester
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Posts: 1807
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:49 pm
Preferred Name: grace
Species: eldritch
Location: the void
Contact:

Wed May 09, 2018 1:14 am

Fik wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 7:25 pm
I'm tentatively excited to say that the email notification system may now be working appropriately! I've tested it, and I got a notification right away, so please post here if you are still having issues with this!
I am still getting emails days late, or is this simply backlog from before the fix? Just got an email from a PM I got days ago.
0 x

Image
intj-t | sagi sun / scorpio rising | slytherin
CharactersSarahah
aka: stark - gansey - winchester -
PRiDE

“Do I dare to disturb the universe?.”
Yes.

User avatar
Fik
Alpha
Alpha
Posts: 19452
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 11:30 pm
Gender: whatever
Preferred Name: KT
Species: Stress Elemental
Location: Otego

Wed May 09, 2018 5:19 am

It's probably backlog since I just applied the fix last night
1 x
Art | Premades | Commissions | Sarahah | Characters
I'm addicted to you.
Don't you know that you're toxic?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic