pose rejection: pixels/sai issue?

This section is for posting questions regarding Wolfhome, workings or details, or simply needing to contact one of the administration. Bans or warnings given, whether temporary or permanent, will NOT be discussed, and topics containing such material will be immediately deleted.
Senka
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer

Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:16 am

Alright, to explain this the best as I can:

why is it that my pose has pixels when photoshop and gimp say otherwise?
https://sta.sh/26u52c7w719?edit=1

and this is the pose

I color the pose in sai, I use a new clipping layer above so it shouldnt create any loose pixels.. unless thats my first problem?
I will then upload the pose to photoshop (my sai doesnt save transparent backgrounds despite acting like a transparent background.)

I save the file first as psd to upload to photoshop then save as png

I've pulled up the image into the programs so many different ways and saved different version and i still get the same results?

probably posted in the wrong place so feel free to move xD

um idk how ART reviews the pose, but if its the way i am assuming... I HAVE A THEORY that whoever is checking my poses is using SAI ????
and sai is just being trash

and my last theory is that my files are corrupted? eh?
0 x
Akala
Alpha
Alpha
Pronouns: She/her
Preferred Name: Cassie
Species: Fox

Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:54 am

I'm not entirely sure why sai is doing that, but I use sai and your pose looks like this:
I zoomed in so it's easier to view.
We can also check for loose pixels in the uploader directly, without having to save each pose and upload them into an art program. There are loose pixels on this pose (I can also see them behind this forum background), but I'm not entirely sure why sai is showing it up that way.
I can see the loose pixels in both the first and third screenshot. I don't usually use black to detect loose pixels, as it's hard to determine between the pose outline and the pixels outside it. I usually check on a few colours such as dark green, dark pink, dark brown etc. Try using another colour perhaps?
As for why your pose has loose pixels if you use clipping layers, maybe it has something to do with transferring it over from sai to photoshop. Not entirely sure on that one. I'm assuming the blank version of the pose had no loose pixels to begin with?
0 x
Senka

Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:16 am

Hmm this is where I got the pose (can't direct link from phone aaa D:)
http://viciousart.weebly.com/freebies.html

If there is no loose pixels on the original pose - I just gotta figure out what's creating the pixels lol
0 x
Akala
Alpha
Alpha
Pronouns: She/her
Preferred Name: Cassie
Species: Fox

Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:21 am

Ahh that's okay!

There are no loose pixels with the original pose. My suspicion is that the transfer between sai and photoshop may be causing the loose pixels. But, I'm not 100% sure, I could be wrong.

Why is it that your sai can't files to have transparent backgrounds?
I'm also a little stumped as to why your sai is showing something drastically different to mine.
Maybe there is something wrong with your sai file or something. Not sure on that one!
0 x
Clovette
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Heather
Species: Human

Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:55 am

Is the image mode rgb? Have to check in gimp because you can't in sai. If not, needs to be rgb.
0 x
🐈
Senka

Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:03 am

Ngl I have a 'free/cracked' version of sai so that's a start lol
But Ive had no problems with the transfer (no pixels would appear on other pieces) until now

And I gotta check for the rgb mode
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic