Question

This section is for posting questions regarding Wolfhome, workings or details, or simply needing to contact one of the administration. Bans or warnings given, whether temporary or permanent, will NOT be discussed, and topics containing such material will be immediately deleted.
Penguin
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:18 pm

Is talking badly about people not directly to them but to other people or about a chat site a punishable rule that can be applied to your account on chatlands? Please source the existing rule if there is one. I am not posting this as a troll or a joke I am asking seriously because I was not aware that this was implemented and if it is a rule I am curious as to why it exists. If i am not pursuing someone to harass them or posting on a site about how i feel about it, anything that I say on any platform that exists outside of a chatlands site should not be able to held against me. Mcdonalds cannot ban me from their stores for talking about how shitty their french fries are on facebook, does chatlands do it?
4 x

Chirpy
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Pronouns: they/them
Species: hellhound/fox

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:19 pm

This is a good question and I'd like to know the answer for this too.
2 x
My words can come out as a pistol
ToS Refs Comms Art

Fik
Alpha
Alpha
Preferred Name: KT
Species: Stress Elemental

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:29 pm

There was a forum rule that was removed that included Passive Aggressive comments. These comments were disallowed due to issues they caused and perpetuating drama. As it is, our rule that naming and shaming is disturbing the peace (http://www.wolfhome.com/faq/rules.php?pop=1#3 forum: app.php/rules#3), as is perpetuating drama, calling others out, trolling, and blacklists.

Talking badly about another user publicly can be seen as a disturbance of the peace depending on severity. You are essentially dragging their name and perpetuating drama. The 'severity' I spoke about is pretty case-by-case, but typically, any bad-talk or bashing is seen as a disturbance of the peace.
3 x
Art | Premades | Commissions | Sarahah
Just stop your crying.
Baby, it's a sign of the times.

Penguin

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:33 pm

Fik wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:29 pm
There was a forum rule that was removed that included Passive Aggressive comments. These comments were disallowed due to issues they caused and perpetuating drama. As it is, our rule that naming and shaming is disturbing the peace (http://www.wolfhome.com/faq/rules.php?pop=1#3 forum: app.php/rules#3), as is perpetuating drama, calling others out, trolling, and blacklists.

Talking badly about another user publicly can be seen as a disturbance of the peace depending on severity. You are essentially dragging their name and perpetuating drama. The 'severity' I spoke about is pretty case-by-case, but typically, any bad-talk or bashing is seen as a disturbance of the peace.
But does this explicitly apply to on-site only activity or if someone provided logs/screenshots or was part of a community that said whatever they said they can be punished with guilty by association?
1 x

Fik
Alpha
Alpha

Off-site offenses only apply to the EC, RT, and administration as it is a breach of our Code of Conduct
1 x
Just stop your crying.

Penguin

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:38 pm

Fik wrote:
Off-site offenses only apply to the EC, RT, and administration as it is a breach of our Code of Conduct
Is there a copy of the code of conduct that users are allowed to view? For any people who would ever consider joining the administration I would encourage the staff to be transparent with that kind of ruleset as to not endanger their own status if they would otherwise not do so if they were fearful of some punishment. Especially if they don't actively participate in whatever negative behavior is going on but are just "in the same room" so to speak.
2 x

Akala
Alpha
Alpha
Species: Pudu Deer x Fox

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:39 pm

0 x
It does not matter to M'aiq how strong or smart one is.
It only matters what one can do.

Wolfhome Fundraiser | Commissions | Artwork | Premades | Art Queue

Penguin

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:45 pm

Where on that page does it say that an administrator or staff member cannot participate in off-site chat at their own discretion or express their own opinions/views or even be in a group and say nothing out of line?
2 x

Akala
Alpha
Alpha

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:50 pm

That is the general universal code of conduct.

Wolfhome's code of conduct is heavily based on this one but ours has been developed separately. Other chatlands sites may also have the same universal code of conduct, but may have different 'extra' stuff added on.
0 x

Penguin

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:52 pm

Akala wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:50 pm
That is the general universal code of conduct.

Wolfhome's code of conduct is heavily based on this one but ours has been developed separately. Other chatlands sites may also have the same universal code of conduct, but may have different 'extra' stuff added on.
I'm not sure I understand, can you show me where it explicitly says that an admins behavior off-site or any affiliation with any group that is perceived negatively can impact their status on chatlands? There are plenty of understandable no-flame professional behavior stuff all over the rules everywhere I read them but nowhere does it say that if staff member A associates with X group that the staff perceives as negative, that they can be demoted or punished in any way?
1 x

Akala
Alpha
Alpha

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:54 pm

And like I stated above, while the universal code of conduct does not have this, Wolfhome's does because ours has been developed separately. All administrators, when promoted to whatever rank (AA and above) are required to read and sign to the terms.

I'm not sure about other chatlands sites, but that is Wolfhomes stance.
0 x

Collide
Leader of the Nerds
Leader of the Nerds
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Kristin
Species: Red Fox/Raccoon

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:58 pm

Is there a screenshot of that specific rule we can see?
0 x

Penguin

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:59 pm

Akala wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:54 pm
And like I stated above, while the universal code of conduct does not have this, Wolfhome's does because ours has been developed separately. All administrators, when promoted to whatever rank (AA and above) are required to read and sign to the terms.

I'm not sure about other chatlands sites, but that is Wolfhomes stance.
Can you show me a screenshot of where it says it? I don't understand what you mean read and sign what terms if you can't show me what terms you are referring to? I want to ~see~ the terms and the words you are explicitly saying exist but not posted on the website where people can view it?
1 x

Guts
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Pronouns: they/them
Species: ultimate being

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:12 pm

I'd also like to see this screenshot. I cant imagine why its taking so long to fulfill your request though, unless theres some sort of problem.
0 x
surrender
GUTS or KARS on chat
☆Art Topic☆

Fik
Alpha
Alpha

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:14 pm

It's not the group they associate with, it's their behavior in general. Administrators, EC and RT are allowed to have opinions and views, however, it's how they are presenting themselves to the userbase as a whole. They are representatives of Wolfhome.

People are allowed to refuse to sign our code of conduct when they are promoted. That is their decision to make when they join one of our teams. When they sign it, they agree to it.

I'm sorry that it took me a moment to process this request. As you can imagine, we're dealing with a lot today
4 x
Just stop your crying.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information