"Spam/Lag" Question

This section is for posting questions regarding Wolfhome, workings or details, or simply needing to contact one of the administration. Bans or warnings given, whether temporary or permanent, will NOT be discussed, and topics containing such material will be immediately deleted.
Misaki
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Pronouns: Woof
Species: Red Fox

Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:53 pm

I'm not sure if it was posted on the rules or anywhere else, but as of late, I believe someone posted that it's no longer an issue when people click around the room rapidly. (i.e lag)
Was this true or does it still hold to where the room will begin to slowly lag around if someone starts bolting around the room?

Sorry if this was posted, I just can't seem to find that section anywhere. Thank you~
0 x

Sometimes you gotta fall before you fly

Commissions / Furaffinity / Commission Queue

Aeonium
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Pronouns: They/Them
Preferred Name: Grayson
Species: Red fox

Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:56 pm

Yeah it's true, just don't remember where that is.
0 x

Bedagi
Alpha
Alpha
Species: Meat Popsicle

Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:12 pm

"Excessive Movement" used to fall under the "Spam" rule for the chat but when we simplified and changed the rules around some to be less strict the excessive movement spam was removed from the rules. There is a limit set on chat to how many times a person can move their avatar around before the server automatically stops them.

The old rules are here: viewtopic.php?p=3177555#p3177555
The current rules are here: http://wolfhome.com/faq/rules.php?pop=

I hope this answers your question, and if not, please let us know so we can clarify!
0 x
Characters | Commissions | Premades | TOS

We're all in the same game; Just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; Just different devils.

Clovette
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Heather
Species: Human

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:14 pm

technically it can still affect some members with slower connections but will eventually be restricted as Bedagi stated
so that means if someone has shite internet, they may lag for the duration the user is capable to move, but said user will be restricted and the lag will subside as the restriction takes place
2 x
🐈

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information