Activation for Wolfhome

This section is for posting questions regarding Wolfhome, workings or details, or simply needing to contact one of the administration. Bans or warnings given, whether temporary or permanent, will NOT be discussed, and topics containing such material will be immediately deleted.
Razruer
Omega - Newcomer
Omega - Newcomer
Pronouns: He
Preferred Name: Raz
Species: Mexican Gray Wolf

Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:14 pm

Hullo, brand new user here that seems to be having a spot of trouble for the 2D room side of things.

I've been having issues with it telling me that a 'validation E-mail has been sent', yet getting no such thing. I've checked my junk, spam, inbox and just about anywhere you can think of. I try waiting a day or two, I've tried spamming it and none of these seem to work. Is there something wrong with it, or something I'm doing wrong? Please help whenever convenient to you, I would be happy to join this place.

Thank you!
0 x
Laugh, and the world laughs with you!
Weep, and you weep alone...

~ Ella Wheeler Wilcox

"Farewell, good hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world"
~ Plain Doll
Totem
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Pronouns: She/her
Preferred Name: Haley
Species: Coyote

Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:40 pm

hopefully they figure it out. Junk mail and spam emails are the best spot to check, what email are you using? Gmail, hotmail, etc

0 x
06/28/17
Previously Epilepsy
Razruer
Omega - Newcomer
Omega - Newcomer

Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:42 pm

As I mentioned before, neither were in such places, even after checking a number of times.

I believe for the site, it wanted me to use Gmail even though I prefer my hotmail/outlook account so much more. If you need, I will PM you the details so we can possibly sort this mess out!
Thank you!
0 x

~ Ella Wheeler Wilcox

~ Plain Doll
Totem
Pronouns: She/her
Preferred Name: Haley
Species: Coyote

Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:50 pm

Yeah typically gmail works that's what I use. Put guardian@wolfhome.com do-not-reply@wolfhome.com and do-not-reply-to-this-address@wolfhome.com in your contacts and try signing up again. Sometimes if it's in your contacts it will show up, if not it may be another bug that an administrator will have to look into.

0 x
06/28/17
Previously Epilepsy
Razruer
Omega - Newcomer
Omega - Newcomer

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:09 am

I did just as you told me, still nothing from Junk, inbox, or spam. I'm just not sure if I did anything wrong along the way or this is truly glitched. I do hate to be a bother on the first day, but if there are any other steps you could advice me on, that would be peachy king of you!
Thank you and sorry again.
0 x

~ Ella Wheeler Wilcox

~ Plain Doll
Scrimshaw
Omniscient
Omniscient
Pronouns: they/them
Preferred Name: kaz
Species: borb

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:26 am

Unfortunately it's been a known issue that wolfhome just doesn't like hotmail/outlook or outlook doesn't like wolfhome :( I would try using a different email. I have not been able to receive any emails no matter what I do from chatlands in general on hotmail/outlook for some time, and I believe there has been talk of disabling people from signing up using it anyway.
I'm really sorry! It sucks, I know, but there isn't much that can be done about it. If you like, I believe if you contact an alpha they may be able to verify your account manually? I know they can do some things such as this, but I don't remember the limitations.

Good luck!

(haley stop being a meme)
0 x
Razruer
Omega - Newcomer
Omega - Newcomer

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:30 am

I can verify they have disable it as when I try to put in my Hotmail, it just would not take it, so as I said, I was forced to use Gmail... But as statement above says, nothing but wordless breaths on the wind. But I will do just that and contact an alpha. Is there any one I should contact in particular that is more active then others or just any at all?
0 x

~ Ella Wheeler Wilcox

~ Plain Doll
Scrimshaw
Omniscient
Omniscient
Pronouns: they/them
Preferred Name: kaz
Species: borb

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:34 am

Ah sorry I just saw the mention of hotmail and figured you had signed up with that (I'm watching something with friends and am a bit distracted)

Are you sure you're entering your email correctly? Stupid question I know but I've done it before

As for alphas, it's 2 AM EST, so not many may be active right now. I would go ahead and send a forum PM to either Bedagi, Coyfox, Fik, or Ornelie and they'll get back to you as soon as they can. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience
0 x
Akala
Alpha
Alpha

Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:22 am

Heya!

Your best bet is to send in a problem ticket so one of the alphas may be able to manually activate your account. You can fill one in here: http://www.wolfhome.com/ticket/newticket.php

An alpha should get back to you in a timely manner :) I apologize you're experiencing this inconvenience!
0 x
Razruer
Omega - Newcomer
Omega - Newcomer

Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:23 am

I have completed what you asked and eagerly await until the ticket can be resolved, thank you Kishi! And no worries, just a minor inconvenience at best, nothing to worry about!

And thank you both Jailbird and Epilepsy for also equally helping out, you've all been lovely people!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Thank you ever so much.
3 x

~ Ella Wheeler Wilcox

~ Plain Doll
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic