Since when

This section is for posting questions regarding Wolfhome, workings or details, or simply needing to contact one of the administration. Bans or warnings given, whether temporary or permanent, will NOT be discussed, and topics containing such material will be immediately deleted.
Darkwolf
Spellweaver and Wordsmith

Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:26 pm

Did staff here think they have a right to "take away" characters between people?
0 x
Lol WH, you silly
Scrimshaw
Omniscient
Omniscient
Pronouns: they/them
Preferred Name: kaz
Species: borb

Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:40 pm

i thought they only restricted usage on the site until an ownership dispute was settled though? i am confusion
2 x
No mourners, no funerals.
I don't know where I belong anymore
I don't know what's going on
Where I come from
Where I belong

Robbie
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer

Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:43 pm

r i g h t
0 x
ANORUK
Species: goat

Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:46 pm

im going to assume this is about character disputes? i,e two people claiming rights to the same character.
as far as im aware they never take characters away, they simply restrict usage until a dispute is solved. theyre not saying who does or doesnt own a character, just that a character thats mid dispute wont be usable on the site until the problem is resolved, which makes sense to me. if two people are claiming to own the same character (without co-ownership), then clearly there was a mistake along the way and one of them shouldnt be using it. better to restrict both until a clear answer is given than to let someone use a potentially stolen character. thats as far as they really go in character disputes, and i dont think that policy has changed. if a situation was handled differently than that, thats something to report to the alphas
8 x
and when the saints of hell surround me all at once
I will tell them what you told me: everything deserves to live on once it's gone

CHARACTERS | TUMBLR | DEVIANTART
Darkwolf

Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:04 pm

I was told I no longer own said character and that the trade was undone. Even though I tried to make right and make up for my past mistakes. So apparently they are trying to remove character rights and undo things?
0 x
Lol WH, you silly
ANORUK
Species: goat

Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:15 pm

if it was a trade that wasn't completed, its essentially an unpaid transaction so that would make sense. a breach of tos in which the tos specified the other party can take it back could also result in that. in both of those situations, the admins would only be the messenger between you and the other person, and it ultimately would have been the other person taking it away. however if your side of the trade was held up, and the artist's tos followed, they shouldn't get involved aside from restricting usage as you and the other party settle the dispute. if you think the admins may have gotten involved past what they're supposed to, definitely report it to an alpha to fix the situation.
7 x
and when the saints of hell surround me all at once
I will tell them what you told me: everything deserves to live on once it's gone

CHARACTERS | TUMBLR | DEVIANTART
Darkwolf

Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:21 pm

Thank you for your imput. I will for sure be bringing in an admin at this point :)
0 x
Lol WH, you silly
Vis
Beta - Forum Administrator
Beta - Forum Administrator
Species: meme

Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:30 am

We're not legal authorities, and have no power over what you claim or do not claim offsite. Any perception of ownership in a character dispute only affects character usage on our site. This is just the way the system has evolved to this point in time in response to demands by artists to enforce their TOS on Wolfhome. It's fallible, as is human judgement. If you are dissatisfied with the result of any judgement regarding character dispute, it is possible you have information and proof that we do not. Discussing it with an alpha via the PT system is going to be the most efficient means of resolving any confusion on our part and facilitate appropriate enforcement of TOS. I am genuinely sorry for any distress you have experienced and hope things are settled for you in a satisfactory manner.
0 x
queue | chars
i grant to you a soldier who has no heart
one who will not falter in the darkness
Foamimi
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Pronouns: they // them
Preferred Name: foam
Species: sim

Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:48 am

This is about a trade between the two of us. I'm not going to go into details, but we made a deal on that took place on WHF that unfortunately fell apart. Admins have an obligation to maintain rules that are solely in the realm of their jurisdiction. If the deal was held elsewhere on another site, then that would be a different story. Our issue was brought up to the administration, and is currently under way of being discussed.
1 x
evil . perfectionist . loner
tumblrtunes

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic