Advertising

This section is for posting questions regarding Wolfhome, workings or details, or simply needing to contact one of the administration. Bans or warnings given, whether temporary or permanent, will NOT be discussed, and topics containing such material will be immediately deleted.
Reacher
Event Committee
Event Committee

Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:45 pm

Has Wolfhome looked into doing advertisements anywhere to increase the size of the user base?
I love how it has stayed classic, but I know many of us miss seeing it thrive!
0 x
Akala
Alpha
Alpha
Pronouns: She/her
Preferred Name: Cassie

Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:58 pm

Yes. We currently have a few SM accounts that we're working on getting up and running within the RT team.
1 x
Trello | Toyhou.se | Commissions
I'm on a semi-hiatus from 18th - 29th of November
Reacher
Event Committee
Event Committee

Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:37 pm

Eeee! Looking forward to hearing more about that.
0 x
Clovette
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Heather
Species: Human

Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:17 am

I still really recommend FA ads and would be willing to make it.
4 x
🐈
Colo
Relations Team Leader
Relations Team Leader
Preferred Name: Colo or L

Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:28 am

Clovette wrote:
FA ads have always been a good idea IMO, FA is easy and reasonably affordable to advertise on. I'd be willing to help with an initiative specifically for ads to help bring traffic.
4 x
Reacher
Event Committee
Event Committee

Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:38 pm

I think FA would help greatly as well!
0 x
Clovette
Omniscient
Omniscient

Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:14 pm

Colo wrote:
Clovette wrote:
FA ads have always been a good idea IMO, FA is easy and reasonably affordable to advertise on. I'd be willing to help with an initiative specifically for ads to help bring traffic.
If it's something admins wanna do, I can probably get us a month free, I just have to ask Dragoneer about it.
1 x
🐈
Zuko
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Pronouns: They/Them

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:26 am

Yeah, I've mentioned FA ads before o:
0 x
Reacher
Event Committee
Event Committee

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:53 am

Clovette wrote:
Colo wrote:
Clovette wrote:
If it's something admins wanna do, I can probably get us a month free, I just have to ask Dragoneer about it.
I'd be willing to pay for a month if not possible to get it for free. I could cover whichever option was chosen to go with, if they admins decided to.
1 x
Clovette
Omniscient
Omniscient

Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:01 pm

Reacher wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:53 am
Clovette wrote:
Colo wrote:
Clovette wrote:
I'd be willing to pay for a month if not possible to get it for free. I could cover whichever option was chosen to go with, if they admins decided to.
It should be okay, I just want to double check (: I get free adspace for personal ads so I don't want to cram a "business" in there without checking. I'm not going to approach him though until I get the ok.
1 x
🐈
Akala
Alpha
Alpha
Pronouns: She/her
Preferred Name: Cassie

Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:21 pm

I’ve brought this up for rediscussion. It’s been brought up before and we’ve said no in the past due to high amounts of adult content on FA, and we are PG13. However it is something I’m willing to revisit.
I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes, but I’m totally against a user paying for things like this out of pocket :( If we need to pay for this, we’d use the funds we have from fundraising.
0 x
Trello | Toyhou.se | Commissions
I'm on a semi-hiatus from 18th - 29th of November
Totem
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Pronouns: she/her
Preferred Name: Haley
Species: Coyote

Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:35 pm

I love the idea of FA. It's were a lot of the community for "Furries" yes there is adult content on FA but... lets be real a LOT of wolfhomers have an FA or have purchased from FA. They aren't bad people, and if they don't like the PG-13 rules they don't have to stay. I think it seriously hurts Wolfhome (imo) to not advertise there. Plus, you can turn off the adult content and even if you are under 18 you can't view it.
4 x
06/28/17
Previously Epilepsy
vanadey
Omniscient
Omniscient
Pronouns: they/them

Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:10 pm

I'm gonna pop in to say that FA doesn't permit nsfw+ ads, as well as they do require you be logged into view 18+ content. There's not many other places to advertise, honestly, so shooting down FA will probably only cause more harm, than good, and give you no other options. DeviantART doesn't allow personal advertisement, and Instagram and Twitter do not allow personal ads either. What other options do you have, besides FA? Most of our userbase posts their art there (or twitter), and the majority of the artists we know from here actually moved there to post art.

However, just to be clear on the safe side, if they plan on posting people's artwork (whether it be the owners, or creators) they need to receive permission from BOTH parties. Not just one. This situation occurred previously on Instagram, with artwork made for me, and I'd hope to not run into it again :(
2 x
toyhou.se ♢ 6.28.17
strange

Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:29 pm

there's a huge userbase on fA that isn't over 18 too don't forget, so you're not automatically going to attract all the adults from the site. while the nsfw scene vastly outweights the sfw, i know that sfw artists would be really inclined to join a chatsite to help boost their art and find new revenue. your chances of attracting a broader ranger of artists / roleplayers / users is going to increase because wolfhome (and chatlands as a whole) is going to be an interest to a lot of folk under that umbrella.

you can also disclose in the ad that wolfhome is a pg-13 site so people are aware before they even join, that way you can avoid issues before they start. from personal experience having an fA ad for just a month bumped my views and watcher count tenfold, and with how much customization WH offers (even though its on the older side) you're likely to get a good dip in from people who enjoy stuff like IMVU/second life/etc.

and like someone mentioned before, there are no NSFW ads permitted in the ad sections of fA (yes you can imply or say NSFW artist/art) but they dont show anything explicit because of how many different agegroups use that site.

just my two cents as someone who's been on fA for the better part of six years.
4 x
Oh, can you keep a secret?
Kinda wanna taste it
Give me artificial paradise
AutumnRain
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Pronouns: Whatever
Preferred Name: Whatever

Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:54 pm

Also gonna point out that having crazy NSFW art all over your FA doesn't necessarily mean you can't control yourself on other websites. Most people who use FA also use things like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. and they know their audiences. They also do this thing called "real life interaction" which sounds terrifying to me but seems to work for most people. So advertising there shouldn't actually cause that much of an issue. If anything, FA users will respect their fellow furries, therians, etc. You'd probably have a much worse time advertising on Facebook.
3 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic