account question

This section is for posting questions regarding Wolfhome, workings or details, or simply needing to contact one of the administration. Bans or warnings given, whether temporary or permanent, will NOT be discussed, and topics containing such material will be immediately deleted.
Charley
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends
Pronouns: she/her
Preferred Name: Charley

Pride

Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:41 pm

so, this might seem a bit strange to ask but

i would like to completely start over here? like. either have my account deleted so i may make a new one? or have all of my posts archived so i never have to look at them again. i'm not sure if there's a way to have it so they don't show up in 'your posts'? but i'd love it if they could be hidden or erased or just gone.

?? idk how much sense this makes, i'm tired
1 x

deviantart | tumblr
all right. together then.

Aevnass
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Pronouns: They/Them
Preferred Name: runt

Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:52 pm

I’ve only seen this happen with one person so I don’t know if it’s something that’s done always.
1 x
previously runt
Keyz
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:00 pm

Dude I wish the same thing :-:
It would be amazing
0 x
Charley
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends

Pride

Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:07 pm

like idc keep the account here for record/permission purposes but.
man i'm tired of carrying my cringey posts with me let me be Free
1 x

deviantart | tumblr

mermaid
Grandmaster - One of but a few.
Grandmaster - One of but a few.
Pronouns: any
Preferred Name: Colby
Species: monster

Pride

Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:31 am

so i looked at the rules and they have these two comments
The Wolfhome administration no longer accepts requests for account deletion or permanent bans.
If you wish to leave, we ask that you put it upon yourself, as a mature user, to care for your wish.
6.) Multiple Accounts
On this Forum, we have a "One Account Rule". We ask that you do not create a new account in order to "start over" ; instead, you can simply change your name. If you're not sure how to change your name please look here. If you have more than one account, you will be asked to choose which account you wish to keep.
so starting over on a new account i think would be ok I COULD BE WRONG but i think the old account would just be considered "unverified" and unable to login/view posts
1 x

Keyz
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:45 am

mermaid wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:31 am
so i looked at the rules and they have these two comments
The Wolfhome administration no longer accepts requests for account deletion or permanent bans.
If you wish to leave, we ask that you put it upon yourself, as a mature user, to care for your wish.
6.) Multiple Accounts
On this Forum, we have a "One Account Rule". We ask that you do not create a new account in order to "start over" ; instead, you can simply change your name. If you're not sure how to change your name please look here. If you have more than one account, you will be asked to choose which account you wish to keep.
so starting over on a new account i think would be ok I COULD BE WRONG but i think the old account would just be considered "unverified" and unable to login/view posts
Aevnass wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:52 pm
I’ve only seen this happen with one person so I don’t know if it’s something that’s done always.
The only person I can think of this happening was recent as well.
0 x
Kelpie
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Cassie
Species: Fox

Pride

Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:49 am

as far as i know, unless its a safety reason, it probably wont be allowed.
0 x
🐠 🐠 🐠 Blub Blub 🐠 🐠 🐠
comms | DA | Betta Fish Fans | Babies
viverrinae
Preferred Name: samm
Species: genet

Pride

Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:12 am

Wipe the whole forums xD jk
1 x
@_@

Refresh
Beta - Forum Administrator
Beta - Forum Administrator
Pronouns: He/Him
Preferred Name: Izak
Species: Canine

Pride

Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:54 am

Kelpie wrote:
Correct! We can archive older stuff though.
1 x
Charley
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends

Pride

Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:37 am

6.) Multiple Accounts
this part is confusing me a little bit, is this meant for those who like, already have a second account? or could i make a new one and just say i want to keep that one. i'm assuming this one would be kept up for receipts and permission purposes of course but yeah. having that statement in here makes me like :aroo?:

OTHERWISE archiving the rest is fine too i guess.
0 x

deviantart | tumblr

Sunshine
Pronouns: He/Him
Preferred Name: Will
Species: The Lotus Flower

Pride

Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:40 am

Refresh wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:54 am
Kelpie wrote:
Correct! We can archive older stuff though.
It’s only safe if it’s kept a secret though right? Otherwise it kinda negates the whole safety thing and isn’t actually safe for the person who needs a new account

What I’m trying to point out I guess is that I think that’s a reason that isn’t really bulletproof.
4 x

"Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful."
-Thich Nhat Hanh

Ιθ/ΙՁ/ՁθΙƼ

Aevnass
Pronouns: They/Them
Preferred Name: runt

Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:46 am

Yeah I do agree with Sunshine. Kinda pointless if it isn’t kept a secret. And the one acception I know of had to inform all of who they were and the old account. It was strictly a ‘I wanna just start over’. So why can’t Charley? Or anyone else really.
4 x
previously runt
Mansery
Event Committee
Event Committee

Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:18 am

Just putting my two cents in. Seeing those older posts in archive where people can still see them leaves me with anxiety. I don't want to ever be associated with the things I said as a teenager because that isn't me. I suspect anyone who is suffering with mental health has a really hard time with this and I think it would be worth pushing administration to change.

I understand that they need to keep track of warnings, temp-bans, etc. But maybe there could be a private field on their profile showing their past names. It might be a little too manual for it to be worth doing for them. Maybe only allow it every x amount of years.

Something to consider. Hope you can get a resolution ♥
5 x
Charley
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends

Pride

Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:29 am

@Mansery well said and i completely agree.
this is the only comparison i can make and while i realize forums and blogs are different this is what i have: if tumblr didn't have an option for you to delete your own posts or delete your entire account i would have left a long time ago. if i had to just deal with having all my past posts and reblogs piled underneath the newer stuff i would be making the same complaint i am now. i said some pretty stupid things and i'm just not that person anymore.

not that anyone is going to go look for my past posts here, but the fact that they're THERE and still attached to my account makes me feel like this account is tainted. it's just easier to erase that stuff than to just forget about it. for me anyway.
1 x

deviantart | tumblr

Takatia
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE
Preferred Name: Maddy
Species: Fox

Pride

Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:49 am

I haven’t read all the posts so I apologize. I have just a very short window of time before a series of back to back to back work meetings. But wanted to add some quick thoughts and background should it be helpful.

The main reason for the account rule was because there were several different cases where people created another account to bypass the rules. Whether it be a banhop attempt or not providing refunds for art or vendetta /retaliation behavior in character disputes (removing a permissions post because they later changed their mind / without providing compensation or notice). The last one in particular became a hugeeeee problem, I cannot understate how awful some of these disputes got, and ended up being a reason certain sub forums couldn’t be edited. Since ART needs to be able to access that history for use in the uploader AND to be able to assist in settling certain aspects of the dispute (removing already accepted poses after a character transfer, use of the character on the forum w/o permission, etc).

WH is a lot smaller now. These issues seem less frequent from my POV. It may be best to provide the option to delete posts in certain sub forums that won’t impact ART or give an out for not providing refunds/art. So artist market posts, permissions posts, TOS posts, etc. But being able to delete posts in CC or WH related discussion, screenshots, etc. Seems like a very fair and safe trade off. Both giving individuals the option to remove posts that they view appropriate, while ensuring posts that are needed by the team or specific departments stay.
7 x
Image................................................Image....Image
Radiator breathes and sighs.
“They’re not your, your, your people,”
They don’t see the same
In me that they see in you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic