General Questions, ART Questions & Technical Support Guidelines (PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!)

This section is for posting questions regarding Wolfhome, workings or details, or simply needing to contact one of the administration. Bans or warnings given, whether temporary or permanent, will NOT be discussed, and topics containing such material will be immediately deleted.
Guardian
Alpha
Alpha

Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:33 am

General Questions for the Administration
***Please read before using this section!***

This forum is for questions about the website e.g. "How do I update my sniff to have HTML?" or "How do I purchase deltas?" This section is NOT the place to post about issues with the site's functionality or technical issues. If you have a problem with how the site works (e.g. errors, glitches, bugs) please post in one of these sections, depending on if it's a chat based issue or a forum issue:
For forum issues
For chat issues

1. Bans will NOT be discussed here on the forum, whatsoever. Topics on that subject will be deleted. If you wish to discuss a ban, contact an administrator privately.

2. Other than that, this is a forum to ask questions about just about anything. About the chat itself, rules, the forum, anything you're wondering about. You may receive answers from helpful users, but you will always receive an official answer from a member of the Administration team as well.

Note: If you need the assistance of an administrator regarding a situation on the chat, and there are no available administrators on the chat itself, please send all logs to an admin via Chat Message, or you can use the Problem Ticket button on the chat when that feature becomes active. Include your username, a log of the event, and all the details you can give and it will be dealt with.
0 x
The Guardian has spoken.

Bedagi
Beta - Art Review Team
Beta - Art Review Team
Species: Meat Popsicle

Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:27 pm

Questions for the Art Review Team

What is this section for?

This section is specifically for questions for the Art Review Team about the Wolfhome standards for poses, backgrounds or objects. Other members of the community may respond with their insights and knowledge, but what an Art Review Team member says is what ultimately will be the final word. You may also ask questions regarding rejected or pending artwork.

The discussion of rejected poses, objects, and rooms is allowed, but only by following specific guidelines:
  • A. These posts must be respectful and constructive. Sarcasm, harsh remarks, and ART bashing are strictly forbidden.

B. You may only post these topics within the Questions for the Art Review Team forum. All other questions regarding pose standards will be moved to this board.

C. Do not try to abuse this guideline as a loophole for request topics. Requesting that the art in question be fixed by a member of the community or an administrator is not allowed, and requesting to pay for the service should be posted in the Wanted Items and Services forum. If you do not have the funds, you can search our Artists Giving Back forum to see if someone is offering their services for free.
Here are some more examples so that it is more clear:

OK -
Hi, my pose was switched to the large prop category and I can't use it in public rooms. Here is the pose:
*img*
I need help understanding how the prop is too large and if there is a way I can fix it. Thank you!
Hello, I have a question about a pose that was rejected for having loose pixels.
*img*
I don't understand what you mean by loose pixels. I don't see any. Help?
Not OK -
Hi, my pose was rejected for having loose pixels (which it does not). I don't know how you came to that conclusion because I don't see any.
*img*
If you could help me understand where you messed up, that'd be great. Thanks.
Hi, my pose was rejected for having loose pixels.
*img*
If you could tell me where these "loose pixels" are that would be nice since your rejection notice doesn't. ((((:
I bet that (ART member's name) rejected my room because they always do!
What Rules Apply to this Section?

*All Wolfhome Forum Rules apply to this section.
In addition to Posting Guidelines for WolfHome Markets thread, which includes Forum specific rules and guidelines.*

Any form of ART bashing will be treated as harassment, please see Forum Rule 12E.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact an administrator directly. A list of the administrators on Wolfhome can be found here at all times.
0 x

Bedagi
Beta - Art Review Team
Beta - Art Review Team
Species: Meat Popsicle

Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:33 pm

"Technical Support" Posting Guidelines

Post here to get help when you have technical problems with the forum OR the chat. Problems logging into the chat? Getting a white screen of nothingness instead of a room? Not sure how to do something on the forum? Having problems with your account? All valid questions, and more - here's the place to get help :)

*We know WH has bugs. We are working on fixing them. We need your help to find and fix them all. When reporting a problem, you can help by not forcing us to ask the same questions we almost always need ot ask.

Include details such as:
- When it happened
- What you were doing at the time and just prior to the error
- The actual text of the error message (if any)
- What browser you are using (IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc)
- Operating system: Windows (what version) or Mac (what version)
- And any other relevant information.

Equally important:

When reporting a bug, first scan the topics to make sure that yours has not already been reported! If it has been, then please reply to that topic with all of the above information rather than opening a new topic. That way we have as many reports as possible in once place to help us figure out why something is happening. That means it's ok to continuously report a bug - on the same topic, though.

If a bug hasn't been reported already, then make a new topic. It will either be resolved immediately or it will be added to the Admin-maintained bug list, which is essentially UD's to-do list for fixing things.
0 x

• Information