Flash Settings

This section is for posting questions regarding Wolfhome, workings or details, or simply needing to contact one of the administration. Bans or warnings given, whether temporary or permanent, will NOT be discussed, and topics containing such material will be immediately deleted.
failwolf
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Pronouns: she / her

Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:50 pm

posting again:
ok, i downloaded/instaled the flash thing that was required and now the new map works, so im hoping the rooms work....
ahgg!
Connection to Chat Server Failed
The connection to the chat server failed. It is possible that the server isn't running, but it is more likely that you are being blocked by a firewall. The chat server operatings on port 1043. If your firewall is blocking that port, you won't be able to connect to the chat server.
how do i fix that!?
0 x
I'm in and out don't be surprised if I disappear for days
Oh please, I bet everybody here is fake happy too
♥╭╮♥

underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:53 pm

Hmm. So this was working for you before and the only thing you changed was to download first FIREFOX and then FLASH and now you get a Connection to Chat Server Failed error? I will go check the logs. Try rebooting your computer (sorry!) and try it again ok?

----EDITED-----

if you haven't done a windows update, you need to do that too!

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Also, are you running a firewall and an antivirus program?
Last edited by underdog on Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Draeuzyn
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:54 pm

Whenever this happens to me. There is a small bar that shows up at the top. There is an option and a list and it will let me click allow or something. Does that work for you? It might not but it happened to me before.
0 x
Image Image

underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:57 pm

DuskFire wrote:Whenever this happens to me. There is a small bar that shows up at the top. There is an option and a list and it will let me click allow or something. Does that work for you? It might not but it happened to me before.

That sounds like an anti-spyware program asking you if it is OK or maybe a firewall asking if you allow Wolfhome to use port 1043. We run into problems with strict firewalls blocking the chat. But Angelmint94 was able to get on until just recently.
0 x

failwolf

Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:59 pm

IT IS WORKING!
i had to go to furry-paws.com to figure out how to allow cookies for a site or something like that before it let me in, now the rooms load and im smiling! if anything else happens ill let u know!
0 x
♥╭╮♥

underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:02 pm

angelmint94 wrote:IT IS WORKING!
i had to go to furry-paws.com to figure out how to allow cookies for a site or something like that before it let me in, now the rooms load and im smiling! if anything else happens ill let u know!

Would you please post that link so I can figure out what to explain next time?
0 x

failwolf

Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:18 pm

yeah. it explains how to enable cookies so you can get on that site. obviously it works for other sites too XD
http://furry-paws.com/cookies.php
it tells you how to enable them with internet explorer and mozzilla firefox (no MSN :P)
0 x
♥╭╮♥

RedFoxx
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:31 am

Just had the same problem after i formatted my laptop, DL flash I couldn't get into any of the rooms, tried changing the settings as suggested still no joy.
So i went and dl all of my updates including IE7 then restarted and i can access the chat again.

So it maybe something as simple as needing to restart your computer once you've made the changes to flash, or it's one of the 72 updates i DL on XP o.0
0 x
Just as i was getting used to yesterday, along came today

Rath

Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:05 am

wolifragon wrote:yeah. it explains how to enable cookies so you can get on that site. obviously it works for other sites too XD
http://furry-paws.com/cookies.php
it tells you how to enable them with internet explorer and mozzilla firefox (no MSN :P)

I feel like the only person with MSN on this Chat. XD If I could I would install Firefox but my parents won't let me. So I have no idea what the hell I'm going to do. I really want FireFox but can't have it.
0 x

TwiztidSkitzoWolf
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Pronouns: She/her
Species: Walrus/Fox/Lemur

Tue May 27, 2008 11:38 am

I'm on a libary computer and it wont let me on and when I went to use my grandmas computer it wouldnt let me on either, I'm trying to download fire fox onto the libarys computer course they might not like it but oh well they can remove it later :smile:
0 x

TwiztidSkitzoWolf
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Pronouns: She/her
Species: Walrus/Fox/Lemur

Tue May 27, 2008 11:42 am

It didnt Work :{ >:-(
0 x

Colossith
Omniscient
Omniscient

Tue May 27, 2008 12:59 pm

I could test using firefox and flash on a flash drive for you, Twiz. That may be a more permanent solution for you. Also remember Wolfhome uses Java, not just flash.

All browsers work ok with WH, you don't need just firefox. It's just preferred by most. I sometimes use IE, but it looks nasty >_>;.
0 x

underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

Thu May 29, 2008 12:05 pm

Wolfhome used to use Java but it doesn't anymore. It does use JavaScript, which is a whole other animal. You have to have scripting turned on for WH to work, but virtually everyone does now. You also have to have a recent version of the Flash plugin from www.adobe.com and you need to have the Flash settings configured properly to let the computer store a small amount of data locally. Since these are the default settings when you install Flash, things typically work right the first time. Libraries may tighten security by doing things like disabling JavaScript, not installing Flash, or closing down how Flash operates.

BulletGutz wrote:I could test using firefox and flash on a flash drive for you, Twiz. That may be a more permanent solution for you. Also remember Wolfhome uses Java, not just flash.

All browsers work ok with WH, you don't need just firefox. It's just preferred by most. I sometimes use IE, but it looks nasty >_>;.
0 x

Colossith
Omniscient
Omniscient

Thu May 29, 2008 12:37 pm

Be very careful downloading adobe flash at the moment. Some versions of it are vulnerable to abuse and attack. (I don't mean WH, but other sites).

"The Flash Player 9.0.115.0 is the affected version, you can know which version you are running by using this Adobe link:http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15507 "

Update to the newer version - http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download ... moid=BUIGP

Or install an older version than 9.0.115.0, though this isn't always a good solution due to out of date software not always being useful.
0 x

comfortablynumb

Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:59 am

So i tried to do that but it still won't allow me to enter a room........and i just re installed everything on my computer so my flash drives are not on my computer anymore so i don't know which one to download on my coputer......HELP -cries-
0 x

• Information